The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

https://www.politico.eu/article/british-council-to-reduce-its-presence-in-europe-and-beyond-to-tackle-financial-crisis/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

British Council to shut offices in Europe and beyond amid financial crisis

Cultural and diplomatic institution to close offices in 11 countries from Belgium to the United States.

"Global Britain"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/sep/08/audit-office-blames-uk-government-for-botched-15bn-green-homes-scheme?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Audit office blames UK government for botched £1.5bn green homes scheme

Spending watchdog says home insulation drive was fatally rushed and missed chance to cut heating bills and create jobs

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just when you think they can't get any more crass.....

BBC News - Universal Credit: Cut is two hours extra work for claimants, says Therese Coffey
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58547881

The Tories really don’t care do they?  I’m sure if she had checked with a civil servant before making the comment they could have explained why she was wrong, but she’s so disinterested she went for a cheap sound bite instead.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Tories really don’t care do they?  I’m sure if she had checked with a civil servant before making the comment they could have explained why she was wrong, but she’s so disinterested she went for a cheap sound bite instead.

But, it goes down well with the target audience, as shown by the top comment on the Mail's report.

"I am fed up with hearing about children in poverty and my money via taxes being used to pay for their healthy start vouchers, free school meals and vouchers! I raised my own children by working 3 jobs. Children are in poverty because their parents priorities a mobile phone, sky tv and expensive take aways over buying healthy food (which is cheap) and paying the bills"

It's like a parallel universe on that site!

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Johnson’s Scotland/Ireland tunnel has been binned.

I’m surprised that such a well thought out viable idea is being scrapped.

It's ok, there will be another scheme along in a minute. 

A guy on another forum a few years ago theorised a bridge to the moon made out of cheese.  Must be odds on favourite now that the staunch tunnel is a no-no. 

(Cue excited Unionists wondering if there's oil there.)

A guy on another forum a few years ago theorised a bridge to the moon made out of cheese.  Must be odds on favourite now that the staunch tunnel is a no-no. 
Cheese & pineapple on sticks surely?

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
14 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Cheese & pineapple on sticks surely?

I understand that there was an intention, as advocated by the upper echelons of the Conservative Party, to strengthen the cheese bridge with spaghetti, but the Italian spaghetti tree harvests would not be reliable enough to ensure the necessary supply due to Brexit.   Cocktail sticks were suggested as alternative to the spaghetti but those proposing it were told not to be silly. Those investment gurus holding pineapple futures were desperate to become involved, due to a huge surplus caused by the reluctance of pizza makers to include pineapple on every pizza, but no appropriate use for it could be found, even as a lubricant. 

(... and this is without a drink in me..... 😳

The Faroe Islands are set to open an under-sea roundabout following more than three years of construction. The underwater tunnels connect the islands of Streymoy and Eysturoy in a network some 6.8 miles (11km) long. The network is scheduled to open on 19 December.

Of course, they don't have dumped munitions but you've got to wonder how they manage to build it and make it economically viable.

Looks impressive.

image.png.bdee217403881a30db421fe61235094e.png

Edited by Suspect Device

I imagine allocating public funds based upon need and the viability of specific infrastructure projects rather than just to buy the votes of backbenchers would be a better system, more likely to deliver for communities and produce admittedly quite cool things like underwater roundabouts. Alas, that's not the 🇬🇧Global Britain🇬🇧 we live in.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/15/tory-whips-accused-threatening-rebels-loss-local-funding

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I imagine allocating public funds based upon need and the viability of specific infrastructure projects rather than just to buy the votes of backbenchers would be a better system, more likely to deliver for communities and produce admittedly quite cool things like underwater roundabouts. Alas, that's not the 🇬🇧Global Britain🇬🇧 we live in.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/15/tory-whips-accused-threatening-rebels-loss-local-funding

A very small number of people will be bothered by this and it will only be of a fleeting interest to the MSM.  These are the days we live in.

I have no sympathy with Labour, but if a Labour government where trying something like this it would be ongoing headline news.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A very small number of people will be bothered by this and it will only be of a fleeting interest to the MSM.  These are the days we live in.

I have no sympathy with Labour, but if a Labour government where trying something like this it would be ongoing headline news.

The problem is they've set the bar for acceptability so very low that you're right this will barely cause a ripple when in a normal country it would bring down the government. And yes, what's left of Labour is still a pathetic, spineless shambles, trying so hard to pick its battles that in the end it just doesn't bother at all.