The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

You can tell that Johnson has outlived his usefulness now to the folk who shitfested him into power in 2019. His bumbling clownshoes act is now reflecting badly on them. The right wing press are turning and he's probably got 12 months max before he gets the boot.

16 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

You can tell that Johnson has outlived his usefulness now to the folk who shitfested him into power in 2019. His bumbling clownshoes act is now reflecting badly on them. The right wing press are turning and he's probably got 12 months max before he gets the boot.

Indeed and it's all good stuff.  The guy is a buffoon whose shelf life has a short date and I'll be pleased to see the back of him.  This is how mature democracies work.

Meanwhile, in Holyrood, we have a regional assembly leader less competent than Boris and a local administration more mendacious than the Tories but the daft ScotchNats on here voted for them to have 5 more years with their snouts in the trough.

Edited by The_Kincardine

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed and it's all good stuff.  The guy is a buffoon whose shelf life has a short date and I'll be pleased to see the back of him.  This is how mature democracies work.

Meanwhile, in Holyrood, we have a regional assembly leader less competent than Boris and a local administration more mendacious than the Tories but the daft ScotchNats on here voted for them to have 5 more years with their snouts in the trough.

I know you have no vote and are probably a wee bit out of touch with Scottish affairs.....but who would you have as alternative Scotgov?

7 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I know you have no vote and are probably a wee bit out of touch with Scottish affairs.....but who would you have as alternative Scotgov?

Well in 2019 I voted for the Lib Dems - not because I like them but because they were the ones more likely to overturn a Conservative majority.  This didn't work but the majority was reduced.  In June's by-election I again voted Lib Dem and this time it worked and Sarah Green was sent to WM.

So the answer to your question is:  Vote for whomever is most likely to defeat an incompetent and unscrupulous incumbent.

This clearly doesn't apply in Scotchland where you're happy to be governed by complete dross who are running the region into the ground.

I note that Sebastian Payne (Financial Times) was trying to exaggerate Johnson's importance on Sky's paper review. Apparently, Johnson was the first person Joe Biden called after being elected POTUS.

In real life, Johnson wasn't even the first leader of his country to be called. Biden called Trudeau (Canada) and Obrador (Mexico) on Jan 22. He didn't phone Johnson until the next day.

I'm sure that this was just another innocent mistake.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh ? It wasn't the voters who shitfested him over the the line and it won't be the voters who empty him.

Your 'mature democracy' is a grotesquerie of archaic nonsense, unelected peers, an inbred family with gold hats, right wing media barons, tax dodging billionaires and a bunch of 'representatives' who are bought and paid for corporate stooges and shills for despicable regimes across the globe.

Meanwhile, in Holyrood, we have a regional assembly leader less competent than Boris and a local administration more mendacious than the Tories.

She's certainly had a bit of a nightmare recently and has gone down in mine and many people's estimations, but by any measure, this is utter nonsense that has no bearing on reality.

the daft ScotchNats on here voted for them to have 5 more years with their snouts in the trough.

Yet the Tories have been returned 4 times in the last 11 years down south, moving to the right each time.

Weird huh ?

4 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Eh ? It wasn't the voters who shitfested him over the the line and it won't be the voters who empty him.

Your 'mature democracy' is a grotesquerie of archaic nonsense, unelected peers, an inbred family with gold hats, right wing media barons, tax dodging billionaires and a bunch of 'representatives' who are bought and paid for corporate stooges and shills for despicable regimes across the globe.

That is 'our' mature democracy since Scotland and England formed a unitary nation-state in 1707.

a grotesquerie of archaic nonsense, unelected peers, an inbred family with gold hats, right wing media barons, tax dodging billionaires and a bunch of 'representatives' who are bought and paid for corporate stooges and shills for despicable regimes across the globe.

That is 'our' mature democracy since Scotland and England formed a unitary nation-state in 1707.

Holy f**k.

17 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that Sebastian Payne (Financial Times) was trying to exaggerate Johnson's importance on Sky's paper review. Apparently, Johnson was the first person Joe Biden called after being elected POTUS.

In real life, Johnson wasn't even the first leader of his country to be called. Biden called Trudeau (Canada) and Obrador (Mexico) on Jan 22. He didn't phone Johnson until the next day.

I'm sure that this was just another innocent mistake.

Nah Sebastian Payne really is just a deeply stupid person. 

NHS chiefs ordered to call revamps 'new hospitals' in 'dishonest Tory spin' memo
The leaked guidance comes as Tory ministers desperately try to prove Boris Johnson's '40 new hospitals' election pledge - with Health Secretary Sajid Javid wrongly calling a cancer centre a 'new hospital'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nhs-chiefs-ordered-call-revamps-24847926

On 20/08/2021 at 01:29, The_Kincardine said:

The UK is definitely a state, and is intended to be a nation state, but the nation-building project has never been fully effective. There has always been a large part of the population (of the original UK) that has felt English, Scots or Welsh (even Cornish) instead of or more than British. 

Continually calling it a Nation-State does not make it one. 

11 hours ago, coprolite said:

The UK is definitely a state, and is intended to be a nation state, but the nation-building project has never been fully effective. There has always been a large part of the population (of the original UK) that has felt English, Scots or Welsh (even Cornish) instead of or more than British. 

Continually calling it a Nation-State does not make it one. 

It's an odd Nation-State that has three separate legal systems.

Not even Belgium has that.

Tories blow £120million on forcing all voters to show ID - despite tiny number of frauds

Tory ministers are accused of 'rigging democracy' by forcing all voters to show photo ID from 2023 despite just three convictions in seven years. Now the full cost to taxpayers has been revealed

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-blow-120million-forcing-voters-24905847

But the poor don't deserve a £20 uplift.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Tories blow £120million on forcing all voters to show ID - despite tiny number of frauds

Tory ministers are accused of 'rigging democracy' by forcing all voters to show photo ID from 2023 despite just three convictions in seven years. Now the full cost to taxpayers has been revealed

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-blow-120million-forcing-voters-24905847

But the poor don't deserve a £20 uplift.

Must be why they are trying to save £300million over 5 years on raising the free prescription age to 66 on England.

Given that Labour are a bit hopeless the Tories spunking money to prevent voter fraud in a General Election that they're bound to win easily anyway seems a bit daft.

Unless they think the nasty Nats are benefitting from voter fraud...