The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

It never fails to amaze me how people can look at the same information but come up with completely different conclusions. In Hartlepool lots of people obviously thought the information they had told them that Johnson is a wonderful politician and leader,  whereas the same information tells me he is an arsehole and buffoon that should be nowhere near any form of govt. 

I think it has got to the point where Boris Johnson could walk into any high street in England, pull down his keks and unleash a flurry of watery shite and shout "this is what I think of your shithole town", and the Conservative candidate would still win comfortably.

3 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

I think it has got to the point where Boris Johnson could walk into any high street in England, pull down his keks and unleash a flurry of watery shite and shout "this is what I think of your shithole town", and the Conservative candidate would still win comfortably.

Can even picture the 1500 word Laura Kuennsberg article trying to portray it as a piece of nuanced, calculated 4d chess from are Boris.

On 07/05/2021 at 15:38, Steve_Wilkos said:

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

So voter id.  Why is this not being mentioned on the news.  Why are Tory  mps not screaming about this being unfair to poor, young and minorities?

Oh, I'm sure the freedom-loving backbenchers of the Tory party will oppose this is until their final breath, or an 'inducement"/threat from the Tory Whip's office, whichever comes first. 

On 07/05/2021 at 12:09, Soapy FFC said:

It never fails to amaze me how people can look at the same information but come up with completely different conclusions. In Hartlepool lots of people obviously thought the information they had told them that Johnson is a wonderful politician and leader,  whereas the same information tells me he is an arsehole and buffoon that should be nowhere near any form of govt. 

The quote - from a well-informed Hartlepool resident - summed up the GBP and their suitability for Universal Suffrage.

"We've got nine food banks now. Labour never gave us any."

..and he's got the same number of votes as you or I. 

On 10/05/2021 at 15:13, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The quote - from a well-informed Hartlepool resident - summed up the GBP and their suitability for Universal Suffrage.

"We've got nine food banks now. Labour never gave us any."

..and he's got the same number of votes as you or I. 

If your argument is that "Labour have never did anything for anyone round here" then I can get why you would view the Tories at least putting food banks there is doing something as opposed to nothing. I don't agree with them but I think Labour have spent years digging their own grave on this.

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

If your argument is that "Labour have never did anything for anyone round here" then I can get why you would view the Tories at least putting food banks there is doing something as opposed to nothing. I don't agree with them but I think Labour have spent years digging their own grave on this.

Couple of things.

First, my argument is that the GBP is uneducated in what they are voting for.

Secondly, the tories have never put food banks anywhere. They leave that kind of soft-hearted nonsense to "the Charity Sector" - i.e. decent people who can't bear to see the disadvantaged literally starve to death in what should be a wealthy society.

That you think any of the blame for this situation attaches to Labour probably says more about you than you would like it to.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

57 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Looks like the gold wallpaper will soon be getting confiscated by Dog the Bounty Hunter

Should be a good laugh seeing Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!  carting one of Carrie's armchairs out of Number 10. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Couple of things.

First, my argument is that the GBP is uneducated in what they are voting for.

Secondly, the tories have never put food banks anywhere. They leave that kind of soft-hearted nonsense to "the Charity Sector" - i.e. decent people who can't bear to see the disadvantaged literally starve to death in what should be a wealthy society.

That you think any of the blame for this situation attaches to Labour probably says more about you than you would like it to.

The party has managed to lose voters that backed it almost unconditionally for years, with them now turning to a party that they have simultaneously hated for years instead. How can the Labour Party not be to blame for a lot of this?

They haven't been in control of events for the last 11 years I accept, but they are in control of reacting to these events and have been given a giant Foxtrot Oscar from voters in many of their now former heartlands. 

22 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Should be a good laugh seeing Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!  carting one of Carrie's armchairs out of Number 10. 

Strip off one rolls worth of the Downing St wallpaper.

The party has managed to lose voters that backed it almost unconditionally for years, with them now turning to a party that they have simultaneously hated for years instead. How can the Labour Party not be to blame for a lot of this?
They haven't been in control of events for the last 11 years I accept, but they are in control of reacting to these events and have been given a giant Foxtrot Oscar from voters in many of their now former heartlands. 

Labour’s messaging has been broadly dreadful for the last 10+ years and the party has taken its heartlands for granted for far longer and refusing to acknowledge that and blaming it on the thicko voters concedes miles of ground in setting the agenda to Tony Blair and Epstein creeps like Peter Mandelson.