The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

the rebuttal to Dyson to and other corruption evidence that now emerges will chime with the sentiments of a Tory voting poster on here re all the PPE direct contract awards to Tory pals and donors - "it was a gamble that paid off".  

They needed to act quickly and handing out multi-million contract awards without competition directly to pals and donors was in their eyes the best and quickest approach and they will "make no apology for that". Kuenssberg will ensure that message is reinforced even though it doesn't stand up to even the most flimsiest of scrutiny. 

Utterly shameful and corruption of a kind hat a country at the lower end of the Transparency Index would be embarrassed deploying never mind justifying. 

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can’t wait for Starmer to back Johnson on this. This isn’t the time for calling out rampant corruption after all.

Except for viewers in Scotland. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder when she will start to officially work for the Conservative Party, though she’s probably more help to them as an unofficial spokesperson.

She's like the Jim Traynor of politics in this regard.

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

the rebuttal to Dyson to and other corruption evidence that now emerges will chime with the sentiments of a Tory voting poster on here re all the PPE direct contract awards to Tory pals and donors - "it was a gamble that paid off".  

They needed to act quickly and handing out multi-million contract awards without competition directly to pals and donors was in their eyes the best and quickest approach and they will "make no apology for that". Kuenssberg will ensure that message is reinforced even though it doesn't stand up to even the most flimsiest of scrutiny. 

Utterly shameful and corruption of a kind hat a country at the lower end of the Transparency Index would be embarrassed deploying never mind justifying. 

Only in the Dyson case there was no corruption, no public money and no tax gains.  This was a technical request to allow non-uk tax residents to be able to spend more than 90 days in the UK without being liable to UK tax.  If you were working abroad and asked to go back to the UK to help design and build ventilators to fight COVID but that in doing so you would be pulled into the UK Tax system would you do it?  I know I wouldn't, especially if the location I was working did not have a tax agreement with the UK and I was going to be taxed twice on my earnings.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

Only in the Dyson case there was no corruption, no public money and no tax gains.  This was a technical request to allow non-uk tax residents to be able to spend more than 90 days in the UK without being liable to UK tax.  If you were working abroad and asked to go back to the UK to help design and build ventilators to fight COVID but that in doing so you would be pulled into the UK Tax system would you do it?  I know I wouldn't, especially if the location I was working did not have a tax agreement with the UK and I was going to be taxed twice on my earnings.

I would say that the corruption here is that there were UK based companies who were willing to produce ventilators but after contacting the Government their offer was not responded to. Whereas Tory friend and Brexit supporting Dyson, who took his whole operation out of the UK, had the ear of the  PM and was seeking exemptions that would not need to be considered/applied to UK based ventilator producing companies. 

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I would say that the corruption here is that there were UK based companies who were willing to produce ventilators but after contacting the Government their offer was not responded to. Whereas Tory friend and Brexit supporting Dyson, who took his whole operation out of the UK, had the ear of the  PM and was seeking exemptions that would not need to be considered/applied to UK based ventilator producing companies. 

I think that probably points to incompetence rather than corruption unless you have examples where a UK company contacted the PM and was ignored.  I do remember hearing companies complain about this last year but I thought it was the PPE suppliers rather than companies that could design and build ventilators.  Happy to be corrected on that though as I didn't pay that much attention at the time.

22 minutes ago, strichener said:

I think that probably points to incompetence rather than corruption unless you have examples where a UK company contacted the PM and was ignored.  I do remember hearing companies complain about this last year but I thought it was the PPE suppliers rather than companies that could design and build ventilators.  Happy to be corrected on that though as I didn't pay that much attention at the time.

Financial Times 27/3/20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

Several companies have complained that offers were not taken up to provide some of the additional machines needed to save the lives of people with acute respiratory difficulties caused by Covid-19.

“They could have had probably 500 ventilators if they got back to me straight away,” Andrew Rayner, managing director of MEC Medical, ventilator parts maker, told the Financial Times. “They’ve missed the boat.”

34 minutes ago, strichener said:

And another.... 

This is like two minutes on Google btw.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18339699.worcesters-gtech-told-not-produce-much-needed-ventilators-government-chief-executive-says/

Worcester's Gtech told not to produce much-needed ventilators by the government, chief executive says

One would assume that Gtech were told to f**k off as Boris' pal Dyson was on the case. I don't think Dyson produced one ventilator in the end.

Edited by speckled tangerine

12 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Financial Times 27/3/20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

Several companies have complained that offers were not taken up to provide some of the additional machines needed to save the lives of people with acute respiratory difficulties caused by Covid-19.

“They could have had probably 500 ventilators if they got back to me straight away,” Andrew Rayner, managing director of MEC Medical, ventilator parts maker, told the Financial Times. “They’ve missed the boat.”

4 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

And another.... 

This is like two minutes on Google btw.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18339699.worcesters-gtech-told-not-produce-much-needed-ventilators-government-chief-executive-says/

Worcester's Gtech told not to produce much-needed ventilators by the government, chief executive says

It would be wonderful if people from these companies were prepared to speak up now in light of the Dyson revelations, but they won’t.

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be wonderful if people from these companies were prepared to speak up now in light of the Dyson revelations, but they won’t.

Why would they?  The government overestimated the ventilator requirements.  Even Dyson had been told by April 2020 that theirs would not be needed.  In the end the required capacity of ventilators were provided by already approved manufacturers.

Taking the Gtech article where the company stated that they would continue with the project.  How many ventilators have they built to date?  Answer: none.

There is plenty of actual corruption within the government without manufacturing this into the same thing jus cause the guy has Boris cheerleading for him.  His company speculated £20m on the ventilator project and got zero back.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Only in the Dyson case there was no corruption, no public money and no tax gains.  This was a technical request to allow non-uk tax residents to be able to spend more than 90 days in the UK without being liable to UK tax. 

That's a request to suspend the tax regulations of the United Kingdom for the staff of a favoured business.  Of course it's fucking corrupt.

If you were working abroad and asked to go back to the UK to help design and build ventilators to fight COVID but that in doing so you would be pulled into the UK Tax system would you do it? 

Yes.

I know I wouldn't

Because you're the kind of c**t who would rather people died than pay a wee bit more tax?

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's a request to suspend the tax regulations of the United Kingdom for the staff of a favoured business.  Of course it's fucking corrupt.

Yes.

Because you're the kind of c**t who would rather people died than pay a wee bit more tax?

No it wasn't, it benefitted anyone that pulled employees into the UK, it wasn't specific to Dyson.

I believe you thousands wouldn't.

So it is OK to be critical of the UK government for taxing NHS workers in Scotland getting a £500 bonus but you expect ex-pats & non-Brits to come to the UK to help with COVID efforts and personnaly be worse off.  Can't see any hypocrisy there, no siree.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

No it wasn't, it benefitted anyone that pulled employees into the UK, it wasn't specific to Dyson.

You mean two weeks later they realised it looked bad and applied it to any worker that specifically came to assist against COVID. I don't think that's the example of shining honesty you think it is.

10 minutes ago, strichener said:

So it is OK to be critical of the UK government for taxing NHS workers in Scotland getting a £500 bonus but you expect ex-pats & non-Brits to come to the UK to help with COVID efforts and personnaly be worse off.  Can't see any hypocrisy there, no siree.

Oh I do, pretending Dyson's "senior team" is anything like the NHS staff that millions of folk have relied on in the past year is seriously fucking hypocritical.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

You mean two weeks later they realised it looked bad and applied it to any worker that specifically came to assist against COVID. I don't think that's the example of shining honesty you think it is.

Oh I do, pretending Dyson's "senior team" is anything like the NHS staff that millions of folk have relied on in the past year is seriously fucking hypocritical.

There was never a specific exemption for Dyson workers.

I don't think you know the meaning of hypocritical tbh.

Edited by strichener

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Why would they?  The government overestimated the ventilator requirements.  Even Dyson had been told by April 2020 that theirs would not be needed.  In the end the required capacity of ventilators were provided by already approved manufacturers.

Taking the Gtech article where the company stated that they would continue with the project.  How many ventilators have they built to date?  Answer: none.

There is plenty of actual corruption within the government without manufacturing this into the same thing jus cause the guy has Boris cheerleading for him.  His company speculated £20m on the ventilator project and got zero back.

you seem to be tying yourself up into knots to illustrate how this is not corruption when it is apparent to most overseers, including the BBC, that it clearly is. Maybe assessing how severe this latest revelation of corruption is in comparison to previous and likely future revelations within this Government is the best approach at this stage. 

Edited by KingRocketman II
observers!

image.png.05c5a17b1767d43541f2736aa36532a4.png

Laura saves the day again. Sir James, the patriot who doesn't live in the UK, was only trying to help.
I know it is the BBC and Kuenssberg but it is truly fucking remarkable that the political editor of the biggest media outlet in the United Kingdom is blatantly defending corruption and cronyism here. Not even a pretence of neutrality.