The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

8 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Careful, lads - when I posted a similar sentiment some of the lads on here were all for sending in the SRRF*.

*Samaritans Rapid Response Force.

How strange. In a Godless universe infested with Tories, I can't imagine anything more soothing than the inevitable embrace of death and the prospect of nothingness.

It's important to give yourself something to look forward to, I feel.

48 minutes ago, BFTD said:

How strange. In a Godless universe infested with Tories, I can't imagine anything more soothing than the inevitable embrace of death and the prospect of nothingness.

It's important to give yourself something to look forward to, I feel.

Cheer up, please.

Actually, maybe your being a little too despondent.

If you were a Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday reader, which I doubt, you would have noticed that for weeks on end they have been investigating all things Boris and Carrie to an amazing extent. Very unusual! They have been tracking the source of the funds to renovate the No. 10 flat, Carrie’s animal charity, the Jennifer Ventura affair, almost like a Boris vandetta

So don’t despair.

I just wish the Scottish media would do something similar on the Murrells and, more importantly, where is the so called hypothecated £600k fighting fund in the SNP accounts which only show £90k on the Balance Sheet.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

I'd be much less happy if I still had hope. Thankfully, those days are long gone.

Nice work with the fishing, BTW. That will definitely get some bites.

5 hours ago, strichener said:

This is really quite simple, my original quote was

I have highlighted the bit in bold just so you can actually read it this time.  The date that you have asked about is an exception that is on the schedule.  Although you are being rather contrarian in picking a specific set of circumstances where the Armed Forces Flag would be the sole (as a result of their only being a single flag pole) flag flown that day.  I will turn this round and ask you which flags will be flying outside the Scottish Parliament on 26th June 2021.

I think the SG having a policy where the Saltire is to be given prevelance on all but 14 days of the year is sufficient to show who is providing a skewed version of fleg protocol.

I read every word of all your contributions with a strange fascination. I ask myself "How can someone get so upset by a bit of fabric with12 golden stars on a blue background?"

Your obsession with the EU led you to reply in the way you did, especially the bit about it being a "redder" 

I accused you of telling half truths because it is impossible to summarise a five and a half page document by quoting 21 words from the middle of the document, especially as the flags to be flown will always depend on the number of flagpoles at individual locations.

With regard to your specific question, you appear to have highlighted yet another exception to your general rule. On 26th June 2021, three flagpoles will be occupied by the Armed Forces Day flag, European flag and Saltire. However, the guidance is not clear as to whether the other flagpole (or flagpoles) will be left bare, or whether additional duplicate flags may also be flown.

If you have any further questions, can I suggest that you refer to Darren Jeffery, Protocol and Honours Team, 2W, St. Andrew’s House, Edinburgh, EH13DG. Tel. 0131 244 3403 email: protocolandhonours@gov.scot, who appears to be the Scottish Government's expert on coloured cloth and when to wave it.

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
6 hours ago, strichener said:
No mention of the CoE eh?

And yet the UK is still a member. Nice back-pedaling.

Also a member of the Commonwealth and the UK. 

I would suggest that anyone looking at the dates of the protocol changes would come to the logical conclusion that the SNP were playing flegs before the UK.

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I read every word of all your contributions with a strange fascination. I ask myself "How can someone get so upset by a bit of fabric with12 golden stars on a blue background?"

Your obsession with the EU led you to reply in the way you did, especially the bit about it being a "redder" 

I accused you of telling half truths because it is impossible to summarise a five and a half page document by quoting 21 words from the middle of the document, especially as the flags to be flown will always depend on the number of flagpoles at individual locations.

With regard to your specific question, you appear to have highlighted yet another exception to your general rule. On 26th June 2021, three flagpoles will be occupied by the Armed Forces Day flag, European flag and Saltire. However, the guidance is not clear as to whether the other flagpole (or flagpoles) will be left bare, or whether additional duplicate flags may also be flown.

If you have any further questions, can I suggest that you refer to Darren Jeffery, Protocol and Honours Team, 2W, St. Andrew’s House, Edinburgh, EH13DG. Tel. 0131 244 3403 email: protocolandhonours@gov.scot, who appears to be the Scottish Government's expert on coloured cloth and when to wave it.

The only important part of that reply is that the Saltire will be flown. Thanks for your contribution.  As to the fascination with flags, I refer you to the original post.

30 minutes ago, strichener said:

I would suggest that anyone looking at the dates of the protocol changes would come to the logical conclusion that the SNP were playing flegs before the UK.

Really?  I can confirm that HMRC were flying the UJ every day decades ago. I'm assuming that the order extends the practice to government offices that, for whatever reason, were not.

Scotland is not flying a flag that the UK is not a member of.  You were are as wrong as you normally are.

Edited by Baxter Parp

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Cheers Darren

1 hour ago, strichener said:

I am the only one who finds it a little ironic that your avatar features the saltire......aye, and it's on there every single day !! 

You're just playing "flegs" (being fae Strichen I no idea what why you use the doric work for fright / scare) before the UK

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

hd688ff19rq61.png?width=640&height=654&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5a434a10245a93a3846f87c59cb51dcee62904b1

Main Battle Tanks per 100k pop. 

The UK has the 8th biggest defence budget in the world.  What kind of war are we prepared for?

Most of that budget gets wasted by the mods incompetence,  we do have two lovely but useless aircraft carriers though.

Edited by bennett

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Really?  I can confirm that HMRC were flying the UJ every day decades ago. I'm assuming that the order extends the practice to government offices that, for whatever reason, were not.

Scotland is not flying a flag that the UK is not a member of.  You were are as wrong as you normally are.

Ha, ha, ha.  You posted the original article you numpty.  Little realising that it would bite you on the arse when your beloved SNP have been shown to have the very same mandate for the Saltire to do the same.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Ha, ha, ha.  You posted the original article you numpty.  Little realising that it would bite you on the arse when your beloved SNP have been shown to have the very same mandate for the Saltire to do the same.

There's no regulation to fly the Saltire on every government building in the UK, silly.

Ha, ha, ha.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

To make that arguement would require you to accept supremecy of Westminster.  Shocking turn of events.

Westminster is supreme, I accept that. If the UK parliament says that the Scottish people aren't sovereign then it is so.  

Fucking obvious we need independence instead.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

hd688ff19rq61.png?width=640&height=654&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5a434a10245a93a3846f87c59cb51dcee62904b1

Main Battle Tanks per 100k pop. 

The UK has the 8th biggest defence budget in the world.  What kind of war are we prepared for?

The late Professor John Erikson said we usually bought equipment to fight the last war but one. The Eurofighter for example he said was a lovely plane but designed for the Cold War.

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The late Professor John Erikson said we usually bought equipment to fight the last war but one. The Eurofighter for example he said was a lovely plane but designed for the Cold War.

Hence the increase of warheads 40 years after they could be justified.  Meanwhile the Ukraine border is under pressure from Russian ground force insurgents as we speak.

Edited by Baxter Parp

Wasn't sure where to put this but..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56680478

Creepy Tory MP trying to shag a vulnerable 21 year old intern, not sacked. The entire party is rotten to the core. If Johnson can be PM with his track record why should there be consequences for any tory?