The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Watching back Matt Hancock get torn apart by Piers Morgan made me realise that the majority of the Tory cabinet can be split quite neatly into one of two categories - sociopath or simpleton.

You watch Hancock and his ilk being interviewed and I'm always left with the feeling that they would struggle to open a bag of crisps never mind hold down a job.  How the f**k they managed to get to the position they are in is staggering.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The sympathy for Johnson when he had Covid was boak inspiring.

Aye, when he made the error of playing his "oh, poor me" sympathy card when he thought things were about as bad as they were going to get - little did he know..

Anyone who's feeling sympathy for the cúnt now - that's not long-Covid he's got - you're just watching him gradually disintegrate because this is the one job he can't bring himself to walk away from, no matter how badly he's fucked up. And it's one of the few bright things in this whole fucking mess.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Very much so.

Whilst I wasn't actively wanting him to die, I would have had a smile if he did. We don't need such vapid, evil scum that works to make him and his garbage pals richer at the expense of other people's wellbeing and even lives.

He basically makes the world a worse place.

The only thing keeping me from actively wishing harm on the whole crew is the knowledge that in the laboratory slime that is the Old boy network, they're already growing a new Gove, an "improved" Sunak, an "upgraded" Raaaab..

Funnily enough, there was a party at the last GE whose manifesto promised to start dismantling the advantages of the taxpayer-subsidised Private education industry. Unfortunately, though, their leader was a vegetarian with a beard, so we'd best just carry on doffing our caps and tugging our forelocks, eh?

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
55 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Tories aren't human.

Their voters walk among us.

And the vast majority of them are more deserving of our scorn, not less. I could understand, if not sympathise, anyone who bought into Thatcher's dream - back then, you could escape the Council Scheme and become "successful"* if you were prepared to be an absolute cúnt along the way. Nowadays, there is no way you're getting out of that box marked "serf" unless you possess some sporting prowess, entertainment ability, or abnormality (physical, mental or emotional) which allows you to whore yourself to the media until they tire of you and throw you back.

Tories were always the party of self-interest - "I'm all right, Jack" if you will. A logical, if despicable way to go through life.  The cúnt's road to riches doesn't exist any more, though. Ask a Tory voter today these questions:

1. Name one Tory policy which materially benefits you personally.

2. Name one Labour party policy which will make your personal life worse.

..and watch them mentally contort as they try to avoid admitting that they've been taken in by one of the least subtle con jobs ever.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and watch them mentally contort as they try to avoid admitting that they've been taken in by one of the least subtle con jobs ever.

1. Get rid of mooozlums!

2. MARXISM!!!!!!!!!

2. Name one SNP party policy which will make your personal life worse.

I've had this conversation with my Dad (amended no2 as Labour are completely irrelevant in Scotland). It's pointless. He moans about his pension, but votes for the party that are responsible for it. Apparently he's been opposed to the SNP since he wrote to Andrew Welsh to complain about his pension and didn't get a reply. You can't reason with that sort of blinkered viewpoint. Mum just votes Tory because Dad does. He has at least since his illness softened a bit and seems to realise that BoJo is a fucking clown, and doesn't call the FM Herr Sturgeon now, so i suppose that's sort of progress. 

I'll give you three:

1) We'll give you federalism! Scotland will be the bestest super-duper devolved assembly with more powers than any other devolved assembly ever!

2) No matter how many Scottish voters vote for independence-supporting parties, we will not support a divisive referendum on seperation

3) We'll march in lockstep with the Tories if the seperation referendum actually happens.

Until Labour change the party line on these 3 points and takes up a more neutral position on Independence, thsy will remain in the doldrums in Scotland.

Ask a Tory voter today these questions:

My mother in law in deepest Tory Sussex is always praising Mr Brown for giving her free bus travel, then proceeds to vote Tory at every election without the slightest hint of irony.

I'll give you three:
1) We'll give you federalism! Scotland will be the bestest super-duper devolved assembly with more powers than any other devolved assembly ever!
2) No matter how many Scottish voters vote for independence-supporting parties, we will not support a divisive referendum on seperation
3) We'll march in lockstep with the Tories if the seperation referendum actually happens.
Until Labour change the party line on these 3 points and takes up a more neutral position on Independence, thsy will remain in the doldrums in Scotland.
In my defence,I was looking at a UK example.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
5 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:
I'll give you three:

In my defence,I was looking at a UK example.

I know you were, but it was a bit of an open goal :)

I've said for years that I hope to vote for a party that isn't the SNP, because I hope that their main policy has been acheived.

At the moment, I would probably vote Green after Indy, but if a genuine left-of-centre party arose from the ashes of Scoiiish Labour, I would at least listen to their arguments.

11 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I know you were, but it was a bit of an open goal :)

I've said for years that I hope to vote for a party that isn't the SNP, because I hope that their main policy has been acheived.

At the moment, I would probably vote Green after Indy, but if a genuine left-of-centre party arose from the ashes of Scoiiish Labour, I would at least listen to their arguments.

I think the Scottish left-of-centre party that will emerge after Independence will comprise of people who are currently SNP members, activists and elected officials.  There will be some remnants of Scottish Labour amongst them but I don’t see them as the dominant force.

Interesting, but unsurprising, article in this week's Private Eye :

Dishonourable mentions
Peerages and gongs , Issue 1538

new-year-honours.jpgAS Eye 1528 predicted, Boris Johnson ignored an attempt by the House of Lords Appointments Commission (HoLAC) to veto one of his Lords nominees. This is the first time the vetting body has ever been overruled by a prime minister. Billionaire Tory donor Peter Cruddas, a former party treasurer, has confirmed Lord Ashcroft’s maxim: "Every treasurer of the party has gone to the Lords.”

For several years it seemed Cruddas wouldn’t make it: in 2012, just ten months into his stint as treasurer, the Sunday Times caught him on tape promising “access for cash” to potential donors. He sued the Sunday Times for libel, originally winning £180,000 in damages. What caught HoLAC’s eye, however, was the 2015 appeal court ruling that made Cruddas return £130,000 of his payout. While the judges partially upheld the libel verdict on some subsidiary allegations, they found the paper’s main claim – that he offered potential Tory donors ministerial access in exchange for money – was “substantially true”.

Given HoLAC’s clear-cut objections based on that judgment, how did the PM justify overruling them? In a letter to HoLAC four days before Christmas, he claimed “the most serious accusations levelled at the time were found to be untrue and libellous”. But this is a gross misrepresentation of the appeal judgment, which reversed the finding of libel in “meaning 1” (whether Cruddas offered access for cash) – and showed this had indeed been the “most serious accusation” by valuing it at £100,000 of the original £180,000 payout. The subsidiary “meanings 2 and 3” (which were upheld) were reckoned at £65,000, plus £15,000 in aggravated damages: the judges then reduced them further, from £80,000 to £50,000.

Johnson goes on to say that “an internal Conservative Party investigation subsequently found that there had been no intentional wrongdoing on Mr Cruddas’ part”, so that’s all right then. He omits to mention what the appeal judges found. As they put it: "Mr Cruddas was effectively saying to the [undercover] journalists that if they donated large sums to the Conservative Party, they would have an opportunity to influence government policy and to gain unfair commercial advantage through confidential meetings with the prime minister and other senior ministers.” He conveyed a “clear message”. What he proposed, they concluded, “was unacceptable, inappropriate and wrong”. HoLAC chair Lord Bew is understood to be incandescent. If its attempts to veto future nominees are simply to be ignored, is there any point to HoLAC’s existence?

Just Fancy That!

“There is one fact that is now obvious to the whole country – that peerages, places in the upper house of our legislature, can be bought and sold like golf-club memberships. It is odious, and it must stop… If Chai Patel and others want to give money to Labour or to the Tories, then I see no reason why they should not be rewarded with a suitable gong for their philanthropy: on two conditions. First, that they should in future give on condition that the gift (or loan) is public; and second, that they cannot thereby ascend to the legislature. It is time to end this crisis, and rescue the Lords, by insisting on a fully elected chamber.”
Boris Johnson writing in the Daily Telegraph, March 2006

At least two elections in, I’d be voting for a party which pledged to hold a plebiscite on abolishing Charles Windsor’s right to be an absentee, hereditary head of state. Because the idea that he has a divine right to even nominally shepherd the Scottish people is the goofy fruit of the haha bush. 

On 15/01/2021 at 23:58, lichtgilphead said:

I've always blithely presumed that voters would split left and right (and centre) after independence.  Some anti-independence types seem to think it will be a one-party state. 

On 15/01/2021 at 23:12, Granny Danger said:

I think the Scottish left-of-centre party that will emerge after Independence will comprise of people who are currently SNP members, activists and elected officials.  There will be some remnants of Scottish Labour amongst them but I don’t see them as the dominant force.

In other words, career Civil Servants, trade unionists and idle leftists who have no history of success in business or generating employment and revenue. Looks about right.

2 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

In other words, career Civil Servants, trade unionists and idle leftists who have no history of success in business or generating employment and revenue. Looks about right.

It's encouraging that you are beginning to accept that new political parties will emerge under independence, even though you may not agree with their views.

Hopefully there's a lunatic "Rejoin the UK party" that you can vote for in the hope that thsy don't lose their deposit.