The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

It’s Jacob Rees-Mogg that baffles me, the guy is an utterly entitled p***k who is on a different planet to the rest of us, who the hell votes for him. At least Boris has his bumbling buffoon act that appeals to many people but Mogg is just an arrogant arsehole.

Mogg acts the way he does because he knows he can; it’s a byproduct of entitlement.

In the grand scheme of things it’s a fairly benign manifestation.  Compare it to the Tories handing out hundreds of millions to their friends in contracts during a pandemic.

That’s a more severe manifestation of the same entitlement; they know that they will not be held accountable for an act which is genuinely scandalous.

Mogg acts the way he does because he knows he can; it’s a byproduct of entitlement.
In the grand scheme of things it’s a fairly benign manifestation.  Compare it to the Tories handing out hundreds of millions to their friends in contracts during a pandemic.
That’s a more severe manifestation of the same entitlement; they know that they will not be held accountable for an act which is genuinely scandalous.

Yes but it doesn’t explain why he gets voted in by the people of his constituency and that’s what baffles me. I could understand if he was in the HOL but how does Mogg appeal to the average man in the street. Tory voters or not I genuinely can’t see how anyone outside the Upper class look at him and say “yes that’s the guy to represent us”

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Yes but it doesn’t explain why he gets voted in by the people of his constituency and that’s what baffles me. I could understand if he was in the HOL but how does Mogg appeal to the average man in the street. Tory voters or not I genuinely can’t see how anyone outside the Upper class look at him and say “yes that’s the guy to represent us”

You underestimate the pull of the class system for people.  Many will happily look up to Mogg so long as they in turn can feel superior to others.

You underestimate the pull of the class system for people.  Many will happily look up to Mogg so long as they in turn can feel superior to others.

A truly sad state of affairs that people will vote for a person who I’ve no doubts looks down at them as mere peasants just because he comes from a privileged background. It amazes me that people in the UK are still willing to doff their cap for “their betters” in the 21st century.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

A truly sad state of affairs that people will vote for a person who I’ve no doubts looks down at them as mere peasants just because he comes from a privileged background. It amazes me that people in the UK are still willing to doff their cap for “their betters” in the 21st century.

Totally agree.  It also reminds me of the Tory politicians who talk about running the country “like a business” and the voters who buy into that.

The idea that a country should have the same objectives as a business is mind bogglingly stupid.

But again it’s an example of the ruling classes influence over the mindset of voters.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Did it not turn out that the guy who was on the news for months shouting "stop Brexit!" was Rees Mogg's neighbour?

I think he rented a flat in the building opposite for a bit.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Gerrymandered seat with low unemployment, low council housing and lots of farmers.

9 minutes ago, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

They probably do tbqh. Well except for the convicted part. A convicted tory will be the day. 

Charlie Elphicke (former Tory MP) was convicted and is in jail.

The establishment covered up child sex abuse by Greville Janner (Labour MP and Peer) and Cyril Smith (Labour councillor and Liberal MP).

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's one thing if half a dozen shinners don't show up, it's another if the representatives of half the country don't. 

Which just becomes an attack line for the Tories about disrespect for British traditions which our media will gobble up with glee. 

If Labour were in power and made that decision it would be a different story I think but right now I don't see what good it does anyone

I think people vote for Mogg because he's the Tory candidate. They'd probably vote for a convicted rapist or paedo if he was put forward by Tory central. Nothing would make them not vote Tory.
For some weird reason I feel like typing "Mark Francois" here.