The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

22 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
Imagine thinking the Tories are competent.

They are pretty competent, TBF. Their strip-mining of cash and assets from public ownership has been impressive. But yeah, thinking they even care about doing a good job of government is a total minter.

Still, you can tell that quote (if real) is from an inexperienced backbencher. They won't be held responsible for anything they do this far from a General Election.

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They are pretty competent, TBF. Their strip-mining of cash and assets from public ownership has been impressive. But yeah, thinking they even care about doing a good job of government is a total minter.

Still, you can tell that quote (if real) is from an inexperienced backbencher. They won't be held responsible for anything they do this far from a General Election.

Well if it was from DRoss I might change my opinion of him from being a spineless paramecium to, well, something more human.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ll be interested in the next UK wide polls.  The Tories should be getting pilloried though I’m not sure they will.

Presumably the people polled in these things are politically active anyway, but when Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems are all so shite, you'd really hope that more people would be choosing to vote for none of them. Surely to f**k all of the Tory voters can't be thinking, aye, they're doing a decent enough job.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ll be interested in the next UK wide polls.  The Tories should be getting pilloried though I’m not sure they will.

48 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Presumably the people polled in these things are politically active anyway, but when Labour, the Tories, and the Lib Dems are all so shite, you'd really hope that more people would be choosing to vote for none of them. Surely to f**k all of the Tory voters can't be thinking, aye, they're doing a decent enough job.

Obviously a lot depends on how representative those who were willing to speak are of the wider constituencies, but you may be disappointed to read this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54721183

18 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Obviously a lot depends on how representative those who were willing to speak are of the wider constituencies, but you may be disappointed to read this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54721183

Aye, I'd already read that. Seems like a lot of people are now just resigned to being governed by people who consider them a minor inconvenience.

That won't explain continuing to vote for the status quo, however. That requires a degree of comfort, or mental illness.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Hard to think of any kind of a job he was/is anything other than entirely unequipped for.

I'm pretty sure he was given it in hope of destroying his political career. In a normal party it would have.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/04/lord-bethell-minister-admits-personal-contacts-used-ppe-procurement/

‘Informal Arrangements’ Used for Government PPE Procurement says Health Minister

Lord James Bethell’s comments appear to validate leaked documents revealing an expedited system for the awarding contracts to “high profile contacts” of the Boris Johnson administration

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/04/lord-bethell-minister-admits-personal-contacts-used-ppe-procurement/

‘Informal Arrangements’ Used for Government PPE Procurement says Health Minister

Lord James Bethell’s comments appear to validate leaked documents revealing an expedited system for the awarding contracts to “high profile contacts” of the Boris Johnson administration

I think this covers these scenarios 

Operation Moonshot: rapid Covid test missed over 50% of cases in pilot
Exclusive: Finding raises significant concerns about key test in UK’s mass-testing plan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/05/operation-moonshot-rapid-covid-test-missed-over-50-of-cases-in-pilot

UKGov unable to find own arsehole with mirror and magnifying glass shock.