The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

In 195o the tory vote share in Scotland was at 45% when it was known as the Scottish unionist party, it's highest ever, since that share it been in serious decline and now standing at around 15%.

With the clown in charge it is a guarantee that that will drop further.

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish, but of course lots of government contracts will be given to party donors. The Conservatives are the party of business and a huge number of businesses will donate to them. If you take that percentage and multiply it by the total number of contracts then you'd get a decent tick of contracts given to party donors even if the winners were picked at random.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish, but of course lots of government contracts will be given to party donors. The Conservatives are the party of business and a huge number of businesses will donate to them. If you take that percentage and multiply it by the total number of contracts then you'd get a decent tick of contracts given to party donors even if the winners were picked at random.

The “party of business” doesn’t seem to have done much to protect or even enlighten businesses across the UK as to what they can expect from Brexit. I suppose the ones who are currently benefitting (and who will do so in future) are the spivs who support Johnson’s crew and are hoping to win big from the wipeout of so many rival businesses.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

The Conservatives are the party of business

They're certainly the party of their own business and will gladly accept bribery from bigcorp in exchange for keeping the monopoly economy going.

Own a small struggling business? They don't give a shit about you.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aww, bless your little cotton socks.

On 24/10/2020 at 14:26, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is it really? That's how I remember the Tories in the Nineties. Between the constant corruption and shagging anything that moved, it was an absolute relief to be rid of them for a while. Seems pretty standard so far.

Maybe the policy has always been to demonstrate how wasteful Big Government is by siphoning off as much money from it as possible. They're doing us all a favour, really.

I think we all expected less probity in the 80s and 90s but the scale of looting was way bigger then, probably because there was more left to loot. Only the NHS left now. 

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

The Prime Minister disagrees

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/8075e68c-7857-11e8-8e67-1e1a0846c475

I actually agree your point that there could possibly be some sort self selection going on. It is one possible explanation. I bet if you compared % of business owners who donate to the tories to % of uncontested procurement contracts going to tory. Donors there would be a bit of a mismatch, to say the least. 

On 25/10/2020 at 22:45, DiegoDiego said:

More like the Party of Backhanders and Brown Envelopes. Influence and state assets always for sale. That's  how it has always been with the Tories I my lifetime.

However what grates is the handing out of state contracts and taxpayer money to shell companies set up for £100 that have no track record of producing anything other than cheques for the Tory Party. No due diligence, no competing tenders.

That isn't business, it's industrial scale corruption.

On 27/10/2020 at 12:55, AndyM said:

More like the Party of Backhanders and Brown Envelopes. Influence and state assets always for sale. That's  how it has always been with the Tories I my lifetime.

However what grates is the handing out of state contracts and taxpayer money to shell companies set up for £100 that have no track record of producing anything other than cheques for the Tory Party. No due diligence, no competing tenders.

That isn't business, it's industrial scale corruption.

I'm closer to death than the other now, and throughout my life thus far, the Tories have been well known for corruption.

It's time to admit that, if people are still voting for them in these kinds of numbers, it's because their supporters know what to expect and don't mind.

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

1. One of the few times he told the truth.

2. She will be in Iranian jail until the UK gives back the money they stole from Iran. 

1. Not an opinion that is universally shared.

2. Undoubtedly.

Cannot bring myself to watch or listen to that gluepot rambling on, glad the vast majority of Scotland had nothing to do with electing him. This is in stark contrast to his loyal supporter Stormzy who seems to think the sun shines out his a-se when its actually his lies that appear from that particular orifice.

Edited by peternapper