The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Hancock is part of the Johnson protection team.

”He’s totally out of touch”.  “Yeah, but he’s not as bad as Rees Mogg”.

”He’s totally useless”.  “Yeah, but he’s not as bad as Hancock”.

”He’s a totally despicable cùnt of the highest order”.  “Yeah, but he’s still a lot more likeable than Patel”.

If you're a useless fucking incompetent, the best thing you can do is surround yourself with people even more useless and incompetent than you. It's genius. 

I've been doing it at work for years now. 

On 04/10/2020 at 20:01, Baxter Parp said:

This is a complete disgrace.

So having watched the rest of that session - after Hancock flatly not answering the question Lindsay Hoyle just said "right then moving on".

Bercow would have barbequed the c**t in his seat for that kind of contemptable non-answer. Hoyle is a c**t of a speaker.

That speech from Boris is chronic. I never understand why the Tories have a weird hard on for the Second World War all the time.

It’s not just the Tories, it’s an unhealthy British/English obsession with the fact ‘we’ won the war and don’t let the world forget it.
I am not saying standing up to the Nazis was not something to be proud of but we did have a little help from the Empire, USA, USSR and ironically ‘refugees’ from occupied countries.
Until we can start to look forwards instead of backwards then we are destined to live in an ever repeating cycle of Spitfires and Vera Lynn songs.

26 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It’s not just the Tories, it’s an unhealthy British/English obsession with the fact ‘we’ won the war and don’t let the world forget it.
I am not saying standing up to the Nazis was not something to be proud of but we did have a little help from the Empire, USA, USSR and ironically ‘refugees’ from occupied countries.
Until we can start to look forwards instead of backwards then we are destined to live in an ever repeating cycle of Spitfires and Vera Lynn songs.

You're 100% right, given their powerful military hardware and considerable available manpower the United States were the winning factor.

58 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but if the British & Americans had not defeated the Germans in North Africa, the Germans could have beaten Russia and been in a position to sue for peace with the USA. The British do have a claim to have been vital to winning WW2 but not in the way they tend to portray it. Dunno why they never go on El Alamein etc instead of the Battle of Britain on this basis as it's far more significant imo.

I don't think Britain started swinging the tide against Rommel until the Americans came into the war and resupplied them. If we'd lost the Battle of Britain and it was followed up by an invasion the Americans would likely have stayed out of the war in Europe, as advised by their man in London, JFK's Dad, who thought we didn't have a chance. 

In a couple of months it will be Christmas and we will asked to think of peace and goodwill to all men.

Totally off message the TV schedule will be full of classic war films demonstrating a total lack of peace and goodwill towards anyone.

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

British/English/Scottish*

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Indeed.

And Dundee fans, Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts and all the other smaller clubs I can't be bothered to type right now. 

The idea that proudness over the world wars is not evident in Scottish people is painfully obtuse. 

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It isn't really hostility to that, we've all got grandparents or great grandparents who did something in the war. The hostility is for the implied 'proud of WW2 record - ???? - eternal support for the union' thing. It's a very powerful motivating factor in particularly older people's reluctance to support independence/SNP.

Oh no I fully get that but amongst the knuckle head Indy supporters they often try and distance themselves with British colonialism and WW patriotism, it's worth combating imo. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

And Dundee fans, Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts and all the other smaller clubs I can't be bothered to type right now. 

The idea that proudness over the world wars is not evident in Scottish people is painfully obtuse. 

^^^^

"We won the war but lost the peace" type post.