The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Interesting interview with Patel this morning by Sophy Ridge in which she suggested that Robert Jenrick was merely acting as a firewall for BJ in the cash donation/planning consent row involving the Richard Desmond property deal, and further suggesting that he (BJ) was also involved.

Patel didn't deny BJ's involvement - all she would say was that the matter closed now!

See today they are trying to be upbeat about Boris going to spend 5 billion on re-building the country. Housing, hospitals etc, no mention of the fact that years of tory policies are to blame for everything being in thier present condition. Could be a nice wee earner for a few brown envelopes making their way to party funds, mps back pockets.

4 minutes ago, peternapper said:

See today they are trying to be upbeat about Boris going to spend 5 billion on re-building the country. Housing, hospitals etc, no mention of the fact that years of tory policies are to blame for everything being in thier present condition. Could be a nice wee earner for a few brown envelopes making their way to party funds, mps back pockets.

You'd have moaned even more had they announced nothing. If it goes ahead this should keep things ticking over.

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You'd have moaned even more had they announced nothing. If it goes ahead this should keep things ticking over.

5 billion pretty much is nothing given the scale of Conservative cuts over the last decade.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

5 billion pretty much is nothing given the scale of Conservative cuts over the last decade.

Will he have some change to build the bridge from Scotland to Ireland? 

He must have been neglected as a wean as all he ever does is try to garner affection by coming out with pie in the sky nonsense.  Jet Zero - There is no plane manufacturing in the UK, they make bit for planes, to set up this kind of project would take years and a lot of Billions in investment. Guy is a performing cockwomble.

It appears he’s actually cut funding, not announced more. Incredible that we’re now accepting the PM portraying budget cuts as like the New Deal.

I suppose it also answers why Johnson is so keen to ignore the Jenrick scandal.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Its not even really new money. The Germans are putting 10x that into their economy. Meanwhile, over here its relative loose change and a bonfire on planning regulations.

There is a curious thing about the English, particularly your Tory brand of Englishman that truly believes that freedom is throwing off your chains, shackles and your bylaws for where you can put your conservatory.

It's honestly depressing watching the UK slowly grind it's gears. 

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Its not even really new money. The Germans are putting 10x that into their economy. Meanwhile, over here its relative loose change and a bonfire on planning regulations.

There is a curious thing about the English, particularly your Tory brand of Englishman that truly believes that freedom is throwing off your chains, shackles and your bylaws for where you can put your conservatory.

It's honestly depressing watching the UK slowly grind it's gears. 

Freedom to rather than freedom from

What gives you any confidence Granda that this Government can deliver anything other than continued misery for a sizeable percentage of the UK population ? Johnson is a vainglorious puppet being worked from behind by a madman, the two of them presiding over the least capable Cabinet in living memory.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

It appears he’s actually cut funding, not announced more. Incredible that we’re now accepting the PM portraying budget cuts as like the New Deal.

I suppose it also answers why Johnson is so keen to ignore the Jenrick scandal.

I mean as soon as I saw him on bigging up this whole "Build build build!" message on the news I initially had a fleeting moment of hope that he was telling the truth; then I snapped out of it and remembered he's being advised/made the bitch of Dominic Cummings, so I had a feeling it'd be just another case of Tories saying one thing and making all the right noises which doesn't reflect what they're actually doing.

Looks like it, yip. Sturgeon was quick to point out that this is amounts to about 0.5% of GDP and isn't going to go anywhere near far enough.