The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

19 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The Prime Minister the guy in charge of the uk has just said on live tv "i have been forbidden to give you anymore targets" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This really is mad 

Clearly Lizzie has put her foot down.

I don’t think it’s enough to blame Johnson, he might be a useless twat but I’m not convinced the U.K. government would have dealt with COVID-19 any better under Theresa May or someone like Gove.

Looking back to the ST expose which highlighted the failings of taking Cygnet seriously and the supposed reasons that contributed to this, the issue is about the whole Tory indifference to pandemic planning is largely due to austerity and diversion of resources to Brexit planning.  All that was happening when May was still PM.

My concern is that closer to the next election the Tories will happily throw Johnson under a bus and blame him for everything. Those looking for the excuse to continue to vote Conservative will then have it.

Anyone with a real interest in this must help get the message across that this is fault of Tory policies and not just one man.

I don’t think it’s enough to blame Johnson, he might be a useless twat but I’m not convinced the U.K. government would have dealt with COVID-19 any better under Theresa May or someone like Gove.
Looking back to the ST expose which highlighted the failings of taking Cygnet seriously and the supposed reasons that contributed to this, the issue is about the whole Tory indifference to pandemic planning is largely due to austerity and diversion of resources to Brexit planning.  All that was happening when May was still PM.
My concern is that closer to the next election the Tories will happily throw Johnson under a bus and blame him for everything. Those looking for the excuse to continue to vote Conservative will then have it.
Anyone with a real interest in this must help get the message across that this is fault of Tory policies and not just one man.

I don't think we were prepared no matter who was in power - not wanting to go dien thd hindsight route but it looks increasingly like the downscaling of prerparations in general for a pandemic might be a major contributing factor.

With the MP for Milton Keynes South taking his job, it rather looks like Douglas Ross made the wrong call and not for the first time.

Shirley there must be a more suitable candidate that is willing to be associated with the leader of the UK party?

10 hours ago, sophia said:

With the MP for Milton Keynes South taking his job, it rather looks like Douglas Ross made the wrong call and not for the first time.

Shirley there must be a more suitable candidate that is willing to be associated with the leader of the UK party?

Andrew Bowie proclaimed that cummings was innocent but his attempts to get wee dougies job failed so he must be really really bad 

On 28/05/2020 at 14:36, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 27/05/2020 at 22:50, Granny Danger said:

I don't think we were prepared no matter who was in power - not wanting to go dien thd hindsight route but it looks increasingly like the downscaling of prerparations in general for a pandemic might be a major contributing factor.

I keep seeing this line, and it's absolute bollocks of the highest order. Cygnus* showed we were masively underprepared for any pandemic response. Is there any other reason for ignoring the findings, let alone continuing to cut away at Health funding other than rank incompetence or greed? Just give me one reason - just the one - why, when told, "you need to be more prepared, this is the biggest threat facing the UK", the Tories' response was to carry on as normal, hacking away at the NHS until they could say, "oh, it's not sustainable, we'd best sell it to these folk we've *crosses fingers* never met before, but seem competent.

Hell fucking mend the lot of them. Any Tory MP, party member, and even voter throughout this country has blood on their hands. I was accused, perhaps with a little justification, of hyperbole when I said this in reaction to their withdrawal of the Social Security safety net causing tens of thousands of deaths. Well, justify this fucking shambles.  Any possible excuse they may have had for supporting this raging fucking venal incompetencehas been knocked down by their heroes' own actions over the last decade.

ETA: And other exercises, some of which I was involved in.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

In a U-turn, Johnson has accepted that MPs who are shielding can vote remotely.  No concessions are being made for other MPs who are having to make adjustments due to COVID-19, such as those having to travel considerable distances at a time when travel is more problematic.

The fact that this disproportionately disadvantages SNP MPs is, I’m sure, purely coincidental.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In a U-turn, Johnson has accepted that MPs who are shielding can vote remotely.  No concessions are being made for other MPs who are having to make adjustments due to COVID-19, such as those having to travel considerable distances at a time when travel is more problematic.

The fact that this disproportionately disadvantages SNP MPs is, I’m sure, purely coincidental.

Does it matter how many SNP MPs are there for a vote, with the size of that majority?

27 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Does it matter how many SNP MPs are there for a vote, with the size of that majority?

You’re right, they shouldn’t bother attending at all.  What’s the point?

He's getting fucking rinsed at PMQs. Starmer had him just about having a stroke by the end, shaking fists and shouting back at the empty galleries for support, banging his wee pulpit while Starmer just calmy batted away every stupid point Johnson tried to make.

Still he'll be PM for another few years and the Cummings scandal is already being forgotten. What a disgrace the UK government and parliament is.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

The rules say now everyone he's had contact with must self isolate for 14 days, so that must be dozens of Tory MPs right?

He attended a cabinet meeting the other day aswell...but im guessing it will be a negative test but for some reason he wont be seen for a period of time of  about 7-14 days 

21 hours ago, Snafu said:

This has been on my mind for a few days, the idea that our entire UK political system is not fit for purpose in the 21st Century and that the COVID-19 crisis has shown that up all too well.

This sums up quite a bit -

Remarkably, not a mention that our head of state isn't elected, but gains office based on birthright granted through blessing by skyfairy, literally owns the citizenry, and has the power to dismiss parliament at will.

Would have led nicely into that fact that a fair portion of the British populace will argue that the existence of elected heads of state like Donald Trump proves that our system is better; ergo, we get what we deserve. Britain is still generally quite comfortable with the idea that some people are born better than them, and should not be questioned.