The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Iain Dale of LBC has summed up Cummings' performance perfectly on his blog.

"That was one of the worst press conferences I have ever seen. I wanted to hide behind the couch, but Bubba and Dude [his dogs] had got there before me. Seriously, what on earth was Boris Johnson thinking? Dominic Cummings is his Director of Strategy. They had both been closeted in Downing Street for four hours thinking up what Boris should say. And that's what they came up with. Jesus wept. Car crash doesn't really cover it."

That's utterly damning coming from an ex-Tory Parliamentary candidate and a pro-Brexit broadcaster and commentator.

Dale must have missed Boris's press briefing which followed Cummings, which was even worse.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Dale must have missed Boris's press briefing which followed Cummings, which was even worse.

Can't remember how many questions Johnson was asked, but he deflected every one of them effortlessly  (quite skilfully actually, then again he was reading from a pre-prepared Cummings script), so the sum total of Boris's replies was absolutely f**k all. 

54 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Can't remember how many questions Johnson was asked, but he deflected every one of them effortlessly  (quite skilfully actually, then again he was reading from a pre-prepared Cummings script), so the sum total of Boris's replies was absolutely f**k all. 

"Wash your hands" was his answer to virtually every question. I wouldn't have called it skilful - more like evasive, waffling, bullshit. 

I would like to have seen him in a courtroom giving these answers under under cross-examination. He would have been jailed for contempt of court.

9 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I have never seen such a rambling bumbling display that this clown presented yesterday.  Truly an embarrassment  to the country.  High time the media, and this will not happen, colluded together and each and everyone asked the same question until the buffoon answered it.

As for Cummings - that was a great script but why was he not asked as a SPAD why was he making a statement and why was he doing it on government property?  Also why did not of the media ask if he was such a caring husband and father why did he jeopardy their well being by putting him in a vehicle to see if his eyesight was okay to drive.  He should have been crucified on that point alone?

In addition we were all told that there had been no trip to Barnard Castle - why was the sudden change of heart not mentioned?

Edited by Hard Graft

10 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

I have never seen such a rambling bumbling display that this clown presented yesterday.  Truly an embarrassment  to the country.  High time the media, and this will not happen, colluded together and each and everyone asked the same question until the buffoon answered it.

As for Cummings - that was a great script but why was he not asked as a SPAD why was he making a statement and why was he doing it on government property?  Also why did not of the media ask if he was such a caring husband and father why did he jeopardy their well being by putting him in a vehicle to see if his eyesight was okay to drive.  He should have been crucified on that point alone?

In addition we were all told that there had been no trip to Barnard Castle - why was the sudden change of heart not mentioned?

Ah, but the Barnard Castle denial was by a Downing St. 'source', so now they can deny the denial, and in a day or so the media toadies will be quoting Downing St. sources again.

15 hours ago, Antlion said:

Or perhaps he was only in Durham for directions on how to get away from Durham?

Turns out it was his wife's birthday on April 12, she can drive and the company glaxo Smith Kline have a research headquarters around the castle area. Their history makes very interesting reading. 

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Iain Dale of LBC has summed up Cummings' performance perfectly on his blog.

"That was one of the worst press conferences I have ever seen. I wanted to hide behind the couch, but Bubba and Dude [his dogs] had got there before me. Seriously, what on earth was Boris Johnson thinking? Dominic Cummings is his Director of Strategy. They had both been closeted in Downing Street for four hours thinking up what Boris should say. And that's what they came up with. Jesus wept. Car crash doesn't really cover it."

That's utterly damning coming from an ex-Tory Parliamentary candidate and a pro-Brexit broadcaster and commentator.

Spot on. And the same guy who stormed off good morning programme because he didn't like the way the questions and answers that were being put  forward.  Iain has a great face for the radio.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Douglas Ross quits his role as second-in-command at the Scotland office over Cummingsgate. Presumably to focus on being a better linesman.

He should have resigned for going to Westminster last Wednesday as he could have worked from home.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Douglas Ross quits his role as second-in-command at the Scotland office over Cummingsgate. Presumably to focus on being a better linesman.

VAR is currently checking his decision. 

Boris never needed glasses in his life until after his battle with Coronavirus** so believed Cummings.

Almost immediately an article is found where he's laughing with the DM about being "blind as a bat"...in 2014....

3 hours ago, coach said:

Turns out it was his wife's birthday on April 12, she can drive and the company glaxo Smith Kline have a research headquarters around the castle area. Their history makes very interesting reading. 

Bolded : The one question that no-one has asked, and the one which will absolutely hang this arsehole out to dry. I wondered about this, why it hadn't been asked I mean, and I am absolutely stunned how easy it is to find evidence of her ability. Not for Laura, Robert and Co., though. Oh, no.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Bolded : The one question that no-one has asked, and the one which will absolutely hang this arsehole out to dry. I wondered about this, why it hadn't been asked I mean, and I am absolutely stunned how easy it is to find evidence of her ability. Not for Laura, Robert and Co., though. Oh, no.

She had covid as well, so presumably her eyesight wasn't necessarily okay. Really they should have let the kid drive. Would have been much safer for everyone.