The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nhs-coronavirus-leave-to-remain-scheme-home-office-migrants-a9524881.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1589996097

Coronavirus: Home Office U-turns after outrage at exclusion of NHS cleaners and porters from bereavement scheme

This just in: c***s do shitty thing but don't have the courage of their shitty convictions.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Johnson now getting desperate, utterly desperate in his attempts at deflection; now a knighthood for Captain Tom followed by an appeal to the public to nominate vital workers for future knee-bending before a Royal Sponger. Pathetic.

Louise Minchin's knickers were absolutely ringing on Breakfast this morning at the prospect of the boy's knighthood. 

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Louise Minchin's knickers were absolutely ringing on Breakfast this morning at the prospect of the boy's knighthood. 

If I were the centurion I’d tell them to poke their pishy award out of respect to the tens of thousands of elderly people that have died as a result of this Government’s incompetence and negligence. 

I might even throw a donation to his total were that the case. 

PMQ’s has very quickly became a pointless exercise since Johnson was elected, mainly down to the fact that the Prime Minister doesn’t answer any questions. Yesterday’s pantomime was a succession of ‘umms’ and ‘ahhs’ , Tory buzz phrases and absolute nothing statements. I must admit to not knowing too much about Starmer before he became Labour leader, and I still wouldn’t say I’m his biggest fan, but he is absolutely running rings round this Tory cabinet. The worrying thing is that most Tory voters don’t actually want to watch PMQ’s, so Johnson can basically do and say what he likes. 

Ive got a friend (unionist and Rangers fan), who took great pleasure in showing me the Nicola Sturgeon interview with Andrew Neil before the most recent election. Now admittedly it wasn’t Sturgeons best showing and Neil was able to pick holes in her manifesto and leave the FM in an uncomfortable position. When I explained to him that Johnson wasn’t even willing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, and allow HIS manifesto to be picked apart and tough questions to be asked of him, as any potential PM should be more than willing to do, he didn’t care. It’s quite unnerving to see such stupidity up close and I fear Johnson is taking on a similar cult to what Trump has managed to build in the US, where it literally doesn’t matter how inept you look, how many idiotic statements you make or even how many blatant lies you tell, the support is unwavering. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

PMQ’s has very quickly became a pointless exercise since Johnson was elected, mainly down to the fact that the Prime Minister doesn’t answer any questions. Yesterday’s pantomime was a succession of ‘umms’ and ‘ahhs’ , Tory buzz phrases and absolute nothing statements. I must admit to not knowing too much about Starmer before he became Labour leader, and I still wouldn’t say I’m his biggest fan, but he is absolutely running rings round this Tory cabinet. The worrying thing is that most Tory voters don’t actually want to watch PMQ’s, so Johnson can basically do and say what he likes. 

I thought Starmer was a little off yesterday. He kept having to correct himself and seemed to struggle with the technical side of his argument - also Johnson was right in that all his responses seemed rehearsed and nothing flowed from Johnson's garbled responses. Instead of going on to each pre-rehearsed question he should go back to the previous question and ask it again when such a contradictory muddled response is received - case in point being the 2 June care home testing issue. That would have landed a much bigger hit and had resonance beyond the normal reporting with the PM being pinned down against his own quite frankly ridiculous evasive response. it would use up his allotted questions on perhaps one issue but that would really be holding Johnson to account. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Ive got a friend (unionist and Rangers fan), who took great pleasure in showing me the Nicola Sturgeon interview with Andrew Neil before the most recent election. Now admittedly it wasn’t Sturgeons best showing and Neil was able to pick holes in her manifesto and leave the FM in an uncomfortable position. When I explained to him that Johnson wasn’t even willing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, and allow HIS manifesto to be picked apart and tough questions to be asked of him, as any potential PM should be more than willing to do, he didn’t care. It’s quite unnerving to see such stupidity up close and I fear Johnson is taking on a similar cult to what Trump has managed to build in the US, where it literally doesn’t matter how inept you look, how many idiotic statements you make or even how many blatant lies you tell, the support is unwavering. 

More and more I get the impression that folks' political views are entrenched in this country - little is going to make them change their voting intentions as for a growing number of people it is based on a cultural, class or belief system that defines who they are (and not just within the prism of football). 

4 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

More and more I get the impression that folks' political views are entrenched in this country - little is going to make them change their voting intentions as for a growing number of people it is based on a cultural, class or belief system that defines who they are (and not just within the prism of football). 

On that point, I wonder if there is a correlation to be found between the rise in social media use in the last 10-15 years and entrenched political views. On Twitter especially, it seems like people choose a political side in the same way they would choose a football team, and then spend their time defending their chosen party, and attacking the opposition parties. 

It can be seen quite clearly in Scotland where anyone who supports Rangers adopts the Unionist, Anti-independence, Anti-SNP stance because that’s how they are supposed to think. The friend I mentioned in the previous post could be told 100 reasons why voting for independence would better his life, but there’s no way he would ever vote for it because ‘Rangers’. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

There is no hope for folk like your friend. They are utter fucking morons. 

I don't think there's any question whatsoever that Johnson is following Trump's leading in building up a base support who will unwaveringly support whatever pish he comes out with as long he ensure their comfortable lifestyles remain unaffected. I think the key difference between the two is that Johnson's support in the traditional Labour areas is more of a temporary nature. These people just wanted "Brexit done" and now that it mostly is, Labour have no excuse not to win them back in future elections with a leader who isn't a total fucking shambles. Johnson however can say anything he wants, no matter how ridiculous and his middle England/Home counties base will be completely uninterested until some sort of policy change or financial hit means they can't have that year's latest Audi on the drive. 

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

On that point, I wonder if there is a correlation to be found between the rise in social media use in the last 10-15 years and entrenched political views. On Twitter especially, it seems like people choose a political side in the same way they would choose a football team, and then spend their time defending their chosen party, and attacking the opposition parties. 

It can be seen quite clearly in Scotland where anyone who supports Rangers adopts the Unionist, Anti-independence, Anti-SNP stance because that’s how they are supposed to think. The friend I mentioned in the previous post could be told 100 reasons why voting for independence would better his life, but there’s no way he would ever vote for it because ‘Rangers’. 

Social media has been absolute poison to society in general, imo. It has allowed absolute vermin like "Tommy Robinson" and Britain First to spread their hateful pish for example. There's no doubt that is has been instrumental in the "entrenched political views" you describe, and tbf it also applied to folk on both sides of the coin up here - thick ***s who would watch their lives burn before voting for independence and also nutters who think folk should be jailed for even suggesting Eck might be a wee bit creepy. 

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

There is no hope for folk like your friend. They are utter fucking morons. 

As much as hes my friend you are absolutely correct. During the run up to the Indy referendum he was genuinely unaware that Great Britain wasn’t a country. He was so adamant that ‘Britain’ was a country it didn’t matter how many times he got told, he was brought up to believe Britain was a country. His head nearly exploded when I explained that technically Northern Ireland isn’t part of Britain either. 

Ive stopped even bringing the subject of politics up with him when I seen how absolutely over the moon he was watching the Andrew Neil and Sturgeon interview. He’s a guy who works as a tradesman, brought up in a pretty impoverished housing scheme near Glasgow, that thinks Boris fucking Johnson is the person that’s going to fight to improve his livelihood. It’s genuinely bonkers. 

As much as hes my friend you are absolutely correct. During the run up to the Indy referendum he was genuinely unaware that Great Britain wasn’t a country. He was so adamant that ‘Britain’ was a country it didn’t matter how many times he got told, he was brought up to believe Britain was a country. His head nearly exploded when I explained that technically Northern Ireland isn’t part of Britain either. 

Ive stopped even bringing the subject of politics up with him when I seen how absolutely over the moon he was watching the Andrew Neil and Sturgeon interview. He’s a guy who works as a tradesman, brought up in a pretty impoverished housing scheme near Glasgow, that thinks Boris fucking Johnson is the person that’s going to fight to improve his livelihood. It’s genuinely bonkers. 
Your friendship must be pretty special if it can withstand such a lumpen, dog-whistle view of things. But we shouldn't ever think that such a world view is limited to tradesmen types - I've recently stepped back my involvement in a middle-class local organisation due to attitudes that make my flesh creep. A lot of people really should read more and talk less.

So the IOPC has ruled that their will not be a police investigation into Johnson’s shenanigans.  I believe that now this decision is out of the way the other investigations against him can resume.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-will-not-face-police-investigation-over-links-with-american-businesswoman-11992049

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has published the outcome of its investigation into Mr. Boris Johnson and his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri during his time as Mayor of London.

The IOPC found that Mr. Johnson did not commit the criminal offence of misconduct in public office while in his role as Mayor of London.

Len Duvall OBE AM, Chair of the GLA Oversight Committee said:

“The IOPC was looking specifically at whether he committed a criminal offence. That’s not our remit and their decision doesn’t have any real bearing on our investigation, which will focus on his conduct as Mayor of London.

“Everyone who holds public office whether you’re the Mayor of London, or indeed the Prime Minister, is expected to adhere to the principles of public life – including integrity, selflessness, openness and honesty, to name a few.

“Our investigation will consider whether Boris Johnson conducted himself in a way that’s expected from anyone in that position. It’s important we get those answers, because Londoners deserve to have their politicians held accountable.

“The Oversight Committee will take into account the current emergency when looking at the timetable for the investigation.”

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/assembly/assembly-responds-to-iopc-investigation

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Your friendship must be pretty special if it can withstand such a lumpen, dog-whistle view of things. But we shouldn't ever think that such a world view is limited to tradesmen types - I've recently stepped back my involvement in a middle-class local organisation due to attitudes that make my flesh creep. A lot of people really should read more and talk less.

A guy at my work, who was always quite reasonable and seemed pretty switched on, has really bought into a lot of infowars style pish over the last couple of years.

Suddenly the BBC and The Guardian are "the establishment" and the likes of Trump, Putin and Boris are sticking up for the working man. Meanwhile "liberals" are the enemy within who are somehow forcing both sharia law and gender neutral toilets on us.

I've no doubt at all that this has all come from reading bullshit on social media.

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

A guy at my work, who was always quite reasonable and seemed pretty switched on, has really bought into a lot of infowars style pish over the last couple of years.

Suddenly the BBC and The Guardian are "the establishment" and the likes of Trump, Putin and Boris are sticking up for the working man. Meanwhile "liberals" are the enemy within who are somehow forcing both sharia law and gender neutral toilets on us.

I've no doubt at all that this has all come from reading bullshit on social media.

It’s easy to blame social media. Sure, it doesn’t help - but if people are too thick to develop any sort of filter or critical faculties that cause them to question the virtual diarrhoea that’s part of all our lives now, it’s they that are to blame.

Do we blame the puddle for being lapped up or the puddle-drinker for getting down on all fours and slurping away?

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

It’s easy to blame social media. Sure, it doesn’t help - but if people are too thick to develop any sort of filter or critical faculties that cause them to question the virtual diarrhoea that’s part of all our lives now, it’s they that are to blame.

Do we blame the puddle for being lapped up or the puddle-drinker for getting down on all fours and slurping away?

I do wonder if you were to dig deep into the Cambridge Analytica stuff (and everything else we’ve yet to find out about), you may find that a lot of these social media users aren’t thinking for themselves. When you see the amount of funds that political parties in the US and UK are directing towards social media these days, it’s obvious they believe it’s making a difference. 

Ive been surprised that there hasn’t been a bigger issue made of the quite blatant ‘bots’ that operate on Twitter. Hundreds of identical posts tweeted word for word in support of the Conservative party shouldn’t be too hard to spot. Although I’m sure every party is at it. 

I reckon Boris will have sacked it by the end of the year for a few reasons 1 he has PM on his CV so will probably make more money doing public speaking engagements. 2. survived covid by a baw hair 3. new wean 4. fiance/recently divorced. 5. country is probably more divided than ever 6. Brexit probably going to bite him on his arse with a no deal looming 7. with all that would you even want to stay in the job