The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

10 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Yep, I see that they are talking about moving the House of Lords NORTH!  Birmingham, or maybe York.  As a Scot living in England I find it so frustrating (and get into too many arguments) about this idea of one nation.  They seem to mean One nation England and not the UK.  To me north is not Manchester or Newcastle, its Inverness and the midlands is Not Birmingham but maybe Preston/Manchester or Newcastle.  When do these clowns understand that if they really want to be inclusive of the whole UK, they have to actually start by how they think of the UK.

Ok, thats my first rant on this forum.

Hope it's your last.  By your logic we would be ranting about western cities like Bristol and Edinburgh.

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hope it's your last.  By your logic we would be ranting about western cities like Bristol and Edinburgh.

Western and Eastern isnt the issue as its the same no matter where in the UK you start from. Its where is North, Midland or South thats the issue.  Maybe thats where you and the westminster Government are going wrong. In Buckinghamshire, where do you consider yourself to be located geographically?

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Western and Eastern isnt the issue as its the same no matter where in the UK you start from.

Shite.  Bristol is a western city in England and Edinburgh is an eastern city in Scotland - even though E'burgh is west of Bristol.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Shite.  Bristol is a western city in England and Edinburgh is an eastern city in Scotland - even though E'burgh is west of Bristol.

Why cant people have a debate without turning to aggressive comments in a sensible debate.  Your comment is irrelevant ion the debate about the North South divide.

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Why cant people have a debate without turning to aggressive comments in a sensible debate.  Your comment is irrelevant ion the debate about the North South divide.

Your 'north south divide' comment was just utter nonsense and about as relevant to anything as my east/west reply.

If you've desperate to see, say, Edinburgh or Glasgow as northern cities then you are manufacturing a problem that doesn't exist.