The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

David Willetts was once touring my work and I had a whole fantasy exchange in my mind where I was going to call him the piece of shit that he is and he'd agree and retire from politics. When he actually came round I shook his hand and exchanged some pleasantries, it's a very weird sensation, like politeness just trumps anything else.

I was late for work in London and impatiently barged through a gang of Japanese tourists who were blocking the pavement, and came nose to nose with John Major when he was PM, who was signing autographs. So stunned I couldn't think of a word to say. He looked as shocked as me tbf.

David Willetts was once touring my work and I had a whole fantasy exchange in my mind where I was going to call him the piece of shit that he is and he'd agree and retire from politics. When he actually came round I shook his hand and exchanged some pleasantries, it's a very weird sensation, like politeness just trumps anything else.
Ruth Davidson came round our work a few years ago. I just stayed miles out of her way and carried on working.

Rather enjoyed listening to Blackford there.  Basically stating that when they pass the new law over the weekend then Boris will be given two stark choices; i) resigning as PM before he's even settled into No.10, or ii) reneging on pretty much every promise he has made in recent times.  Either way, utter humiliation above and beyond any of the numerous incidents to date. 

giphy.gif

Glorious.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I served Jim Murphy once at Parkhead right as Kez took charge and after asking him about his thoughts I said, without thinking, "aye she's definitely more likeable for sure." Tbf to him, he completely ignored it and I felt more mortified than if I'd just called him a c**t.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Ruth Davidson came round our work a few years ago. I just stayed miles out of her way and carried on working.

So you went and hid to avoid a difficult situation.

I reckon the two of you would have got on well.

At this point I'm pleased Boris fulfilled his predetermined destiny and became PM.

At this stage there can be no bones about it, no what if fantasies for him or any of the electorate. No doubts that he was the best PM the UK never had, if only someone had given him the keys.
He has been, in double quick time, gloriously confirmed as the entitled, grossly over-promoted numbskull charlatan that he is.
And the added cherry is that this is the hill HE chose to die on; HE chose the leave side as his course to the top.

GIRFUY ya fucking arsehole.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

At this point I'm pleased Boris fulfilled his predetermined destiny and became PM.

At this stage there can be no bones about it, no what if fantasies for him or any of the electorate. No doubts that he was the best PM the UK never had, if only someone had given him the keys.
He has been, in double quick time, gloriously confirmed as the entitled, grossly over-promoted numbskull charlatan that he is.
And the added cherry is that this is the hill HE chose to die on; HE chose the leave side as his course to the top.

GIRFUY ya fucking arsehole.

He's been laying the groundwork to be the Brexit hero even as far back as when he was a journalist inventing stories about the big bad EU.

His fall from any semblance of grace is delightful.

Am I only person who is worried that it is too early for everyone to be gleeful in his supposed failure, things might eventually turn round for him yet. Still possible for a hard Brexit and a hard right Conservative majority followed by trade deal with the USA, and the Scottish electorate to shite themselves.

4 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Am I only person who is worried that it is too early for everyone to be gleeful in his supposed failure, things might eventually turn round for him yet. Still possible for a hard Brexit and a hard right Conservative majority followed by trade deal with the USA, and the Scottish electorate to shite themselves.

I've had my innate sunny optimism sorely tried on many occasions over the last few years, but I'm struggling to see how this is ending up in anything other than the end, not only of this Goveernment and johnson's career, but the end of the Tory party as we know it. They might have had a chance of being shored up by Fromage and his mates, but now no-deal is out of the frame, the Brexit party will plough their own furrow.

I have counselled patience at many CLP meetings, rallies, and general discussions  since 2016. All that time being derided as an idealistic fanboy, and the Corbyn/McDonnell plan is now coming to glorious fruition. Except there's a part of me...

I can't be alone in thinking that May and/or Johnson are the leader(s) that have commanded the least respect from any of us, ever? 

For example, if I was in the same room as PM John Major back in the day, I certainly wouldn't agree with his policies but I would certainly give the formal handshake etc.  Boris on the other hand?  I would take great pleasure in snubbing the guy and wouldn't feel the tiniest bit of guilt or regret for it.  That clip of the guy saying "please leave my town" with Boris simply taking it simply reinforces this.

If that's how the British people feel, then what the hell are European leaders thinking?  The sad thing is that Boris genuinely thought they'd be quivering in their boots at the thought of him taking over from May.  This is working out well for him.  :lol:   

Can we get Ad Lib to run for Uxbridge just to pull the same face if Boris gets unseated in a few months?  One can dream...  ^_^

Eta: I see his seat 'only' has a majority of ~5k from a pool of 72k, "less than half his 2015 margin and by far the lowest for a Conservative candidate in the area since 2001".  It also supposedly swung from leave to remain as early as last year (link). 

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I deliberately avoided meeting and shaking hands with Neil Kinnock back in the day when he was Labour leader.  It was at a civic reception in Dundee and it was tricky because it was a relatively small hall and he was doing the rounds.  I was a Labour Councillor at the time but I despised Kinnock.

41 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've had my innate sunny optimism sorely tried on many occasions over the last few years, but I'm struggling to see how this is ending up in anything other than the end, not only of this Goveernment and johnson's career, but the end of the Tory party as we know it. They might have had a chance of being shored up by Fromage and his mates, but now no-deal is out of the frame, the Brexit party will plough their own furrow.

I have counselled patience at many CLP meetings, rallies, and general discussions  since 2016. All that time being derided as an idealistic fanboy, and the Corbyn/McDonnell plan is now coming to glorious fruition. Except there's a part of me...

That may happen at some point but I have no confidence that will it happen before they can ruin things even further.

Tbh f**k knows what's going to happen, absolutely no point making predictions. I see no reason for short term optimism other than blind hope.

18 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No, nothing at all to worry about with imagery like this

downloadfile-1.jpg.b4e0513ef45bdfb71cee0244c394b80c.jpgimage.jpeg.e52ccf1b3e3901061a652580f58df7a3.jpeg

Chief Constable is no happy like

Link

Chief Constable John Robins said he understood the speech would be solely about police officer recruitment.  "We had no prior knowledge that the speech would be broadened to other issues until it was delivered," the West Yorkshire Police chief said on Friday.

Mark Burns-Williamson, West Yorkshire's Labour police and crime commissioner, said the visit which should have been about plans for police recruitment was "hijacked" by Mr Johnson.

He added: "The news of the recruitment drive and the acknowledgment of how officers and staff have suffered with austerity was completely lost because he was only interested in getting his own agenda across."

"There is no way police officers and staff, who clearly thought it would be all about police recruitment announcements, should have formed a backdrop to a speech of that nature."