Eyemouth united

3 minutes ago, Dougir said:

Looked over the fence at Eyemouth yesterday. Are they still running clubs at other age levels? Still looked like the grass was being taken care of.

IMG_20190726_161909.jpg

Various youth teams I believe.

If they are ever to come back they need local lads Mark Walters and Crawford to take the reigns. 

I work for a national league north side in Greater Manchester. Moved to Eyemouth just before Christmas. Have offered twice now if they would like some assistance and not heard back. Now follow Dunbar due to what happened but would have been more than happy to have assisted. Been working in football in England for 5 years now so surprised at not being taken up on the offer but now quite glad, thoroughly enjoying Dunbar and will take my daughter there in a year or so as well so they’ve lost 2 home and away supporters due to poor timing really. If I’d arrived a year before I’d have followed them and thought I was going to thus my username.

8 hours ago, Dougir said:

Looked over the fence at Eyemouth yesterday. Are they still running clubs at other age levels? Still looked like the grass was being taken care of.

IMG_20190726_161909.jpg

Still a healthy youth set up there with a decent bunch of coaches to guide them along

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing today things are,as it stands, looking good for a return next season. I was across at the pitches today with the grandkids and it just no feels right to have no football on a Saturday, fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Hearing today things are,as it stands, looking good for a return next season. I was across at the pitches today with the grandkids and it just no feels right to have no football on a Saturday, fingers crossed 

Tweedmouth Harrow could represent them(eyemouth)...

10 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Let's hope so, all the best for you guys. With the EOSFL moving to a 3 tier set-up I just hope one or more of the Borders clubs that disappeared recently (yourselves included) can return. In a bottom tier clubs won't get regular hammerings anymore and it should be more competitive, which might be more attractive to clubs, even possibly for amateurs wanting to make a step up.

7 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

Training last night, not many bodies turned up.

No structure.

Think Craig Nisbet will be their next manager as he's been sniffing about the last couple games.

Douglas Samuel was at ww Craigroyston pre season game didn't mean he was "sniffing about" wanting to be the manager  ?

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Douglas Samuel was at ww Craigroyston pre season game didn't mean he was "sniffing about" wanting to be the manager  ?

An observation was made by a player. It was said Nisbet had/has moved into the area or something along those lines.

They don't have a budget, and many amateur teams some from around that area would turn them over.

10 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

An observation was made by a player. It was said Nisbet had/has moved into the area or something along those lines.

They don't have a budget, and many amateur teams some from around that area would turn them over.

They have a great hard working committee and one of the best parks in the EOSFL so to say theyll fold is a bit dramatic 

12 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

I don't believe he is? He was manager at Preston and got sacked?

Not entirely sure.

Thats absolute nonsense, He is involved in youth football and hasn't been to any EOS games this season, as i asked him last night, He and another coach were offered the Craigy job before Mikey took it but turned it down due to failing to agree terms. Rumours rife that a player at Craigy took a lot of cash off players for tracksuits, then done a runner, said player now released and playing elsewhere!

19 minutes ago, Lowland League Follower said:

Thats absolute nonsense, He is involved in youth football and hasn't been to any EOS games this season, as i asked him last night, He and another coach were offered the Craigy job before Mikey took it but turned it down due to failing to agree terms. Rumours rife that a player at Craigy took a lot of cash off players for tracksuits, then done a runner, said player now released and playing elsewhere!

you know there can be more than one person called Craig Nisbet 😜 

the Nizzy you are referring to is working at hibs and used to be at Heriot Watt,

the Craig Nisbet the goalie who has been at more EOS clubs as a trialist  is referring to is the old Amatuer select manager who was manager at Preston for a brief spell when they were in the Lowland League...

45 minutes ago, Mystery Jet said:

you know there can be more than one person called Craig Nisbet 😜 

the Nizzy you are referring to is working at hibs and used to be at Heriot Watt,

the Craig Nisbet the goalie who has been at more EOS clubs as a trialist  is referring to is the old Amatuer select manager who was manager at Preston for a brief spell when they were in the Lowland League...

I know that, as I know the older Craig Nisbet, who is now involved with a youth side, he confirmed he and another co manager were offered the job at Craigy before Mikey. And hasnt been anywhere near Craigroyston, spends more time watching Lowland League games he said.

Hertz1874 - Get your facts clear before posting. Stirring up unwanted nonsense for self gratification. Nizzy's phone hasnt stopped buzzing with folk asking him if he is taking over at Craigy, and he isnt. Committed to the team he is with now.