Ring Doorbells

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Am I missing something? This only activates if the burglar is stupid enough to ring the bell right? 

No. They're motion activated. 

Notifications when a cat walks in your garden. 

Only £25 a year! 

I live on the upper floor. Someone rings the bell, I look out of the front room window to see who it is. Most charity collectors/dodgy workmen/god botherers/politicians don't have any patience and go and bother the next door down after about 20 seconds. 

It's an old bell that you can turn off with a switch that looks like a light switch. Hallowe'en night it gets turned off. GIRFUY "trick or treaters". 

I don't think the cynicism's called for. If the OP gets burgled, he'll have a grainy shot of someone going through the corner of the frame to conclusively prove to plod that the perp wore a hoody. Then £25 will seem like a bargain. 

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

In one of the adverts the homeowner rather pompously tells the fella ringing the bell to do one, I'd rob his house just to teach him a fucking lesson.

In another one his mate comes round and he pompously tells his mate that he's on holiday. Some mates that he didn't even know he was on holiday.

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

In another one his mate comes round and he pompously tells his mate that he's on holiday. Some mates that he didn't even know he was on holiday.

Imagine paying £25 a year so you can tell potential burglars you're on holiday.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That really isn't the way it works tbf. It's motioned sensored, keeps a view on your car and main door. You don't need to use the bell at all tbf, you can quite easily ignore

That really isn't the way quoting folk works tbf.

It's not "Ring" but we bought this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MLR62NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm very happy with it. Like John Lambies Doos says it works on a motion sensor so I get a little bits of film showing the gardener cutting the grass, or the family of sheep from the neighbouring farm munching on my plants. I haven't paid for cloud storage, although that was an option. We get notifications sent to our mobile phones instantaneously and a continuous loop of video is stored on an SD card. I think you can also store footage to a NAS drive as well but I haven't attempted that. 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I live on the upper floor. Someone rings the bell, I look out of the front room window to see who it is. Most charity collectors/dodgy workmen/god botherers/politicians don't have any patience and go and bother the next door down after about 20 seconds. 

It's an old bell that you can turn off with a switch that looks like a light switch. Hallowe'en night it gets turned off. GIRFUY "trick or treaters". 

When did you immigrate to USA Tam?