Indyref2 -alternative

It's clear that the blonde clown and his fascist cabinet are not going to devolve section 30 powers or consent and assist with a new referendum.

Now that consistently more than 50% of Scotland's population want independence, where does that leave us?

No one wants things to get out of hand....so to keep things  peaceful and legal......what are the options?

It's clear that the blonde clown and his fascist cabinet are not going to devolve section 30 powers or consent and assist with a new referendum.
Now that consistently more than 50% of Scotland's population want independence, where does that leave us?
No one wants things to get out of hand....so to keep things  peaceful and legal......what are the options?
Opinion polls aren't really valid for anything. Blew it last time so just going to have to wait until the right time. TBH now is not the time anyway.

My opinion is we are going to have to wait until the next Holyrood election, or the next Westminster one (If that comes first). If the mandate is there to hold another referendum then not even this bunch of scumbags could deny it. 

Yes I know we already have that mandate, but to have it rubber stamped, after being front and centre of a manifesto, that the people of Scotland have voted in favour of IndyRef2, is something not even the most hard nosed of Tory fuckers could turn their back on.

Failing that complete anarchy (Hiya GCHQ, Hiya pals)

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Shift messaging from 'Scotland's voice is being ignored' to ''Scotland will do what's best for Scotland.'

This is the key. With Alister Jack and the Worcester MP running the Scotland Office any debate about independence will be stifled, ignored or just outright rejected. It's surely just a small step to marginalising Holyrood even further. It's clear Johnson isn't even listening to Ruth Davidson, he'll only "listen" to the Libdems if he needs extra votes and Labour in Scotland? Well he can ignore them as they were bought and shut down during indyref1. His vision, such as it is, doesn't include Scotland. So, yes, the Scottish government does what's best for the country. 

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This is the key. With Alister Jack and the Worcester MP running the Scotland Office any debate about independence will be stifled, ignored or just outright rejected. It's surely just a small step to marginalising Holyrood even further. It's clear Johnson isn't even listening to Ruth Davidson, he'll only "listen" to the Libdems if he needs extra votes and Labour in Scotland? Well he can ignore them as they were bought and shut down during indyref1. His vision, such as it is, doesn't include Scotland. So, yes, the Scottish government does what's best for the country. 

Much speculation in the meeja that a snap GE could be in the offing given that Blondie is still clearly in campaign mode.

I hope it comes to pass - it could be great news for Scotland if we vote with our heads and our hearts, and wipe Ruth and her lib dem mates off the face of the earth.

Hypothetical question - If Boris calls an election and the result is he can get hard  Brexit through parliament with the help of the SNP.

Should the SNP agree to back Boris if the are guaranteed a Section 30 order?

How Brexit will save the United Kingdom

mystery.png
By: Alex Carew25/07/2019

Leaving the EU should strengthen the United Kingdom – a multinational union Europe can only aspire to. Alex Carew, a London-based fund manager and economic historian, explains how.

It’s on the rocks. Again. Like all marriages, the union between Scotland and England has had its ups and downs. Along with Northern Ireland, Scotland voted to Remain in the 2016 referendum on our membership of the European Union; England and Wales voted to Leave. Brexit is a lever Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish National Party hope will prise Scotland out of the UK. The current chaos at Westminster isn’t exactly an inducement to stay. Who wouldn’t want a divorce from our political establishment?

Present political anarchy aside, however, Brexit could be just the aphrodisiac Scotland and England’s marriage could use – and not just because Brexit is a sobering reminder of the often appalling costs of divorce. After all, if you think that leaving the European Union after 40-plus years of membership has been bitter and damaging, imagine dissolving a far more complex, centuries-old marriage. Irish border problem? I’ll raise you a hard border across Great Britain and breaking up a currency union. Nor is it that Scottish independence outside the EU’s increasingly harmonised structures would be a considerably less practical undertaking, as the UK and Scotland wouldn’t automatically operate with the same rules.

Instead, all of us who believe in the United Kingdom should use Brexit as an opportunity to focus on what makes multinational unions work – because doing so highlights just how remarkable the UK actually is.

What makes a successful multinational union?

Here are some essential ingredients for a successful, sovereign multinational union: an effective single currency covering a highly integrated economic area, along with fiscal risk-sharing and wealth redistribution across that area (such as the Barnett formula governing public spending in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). A comprehensive single market in goods and services is also a key requirement. Then you need a single, risk-free sovereign debt market; a banking union; a united foreign, security and defence policy; deep cultural and family ties; shared values; unlimited, uncontentious free movement of people; representative institutions with real power and (usually) popular legitimacy; a shared head of state; and similar legal traditions. A shared mother tongue is useful, too.

Tennis legend Roger Federer makes winning Grand Slams look so relaxed, it’s easy to forget the experience, training and skill required. Similarly, the UK makes being a multinational union look almost effortless. We certainly have our problems, not least the lopsided constitutional settlement bequeathed by New Labour in the late 1990s. But it is worth appreciating that the UK’s areas of greatest strength are often those of existential peril for the EU.

Copied the above from this weeks Money Week. I think you can take it as read that the approach above is exactly how they will campaign against independence if we get any sniff of it again.

”Brexit was catastrophic, imagine doing it again”

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Copied the above from this weeks Money Week. I think you can take it as read that the approach above is exactly how they will campaign against independence if we get any sniff of it again.

Brexit could very well be catastrophic for RUK, but remaining in the EU will be very much to Scotland's advantage.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

So the UK government would stand up and readily admit they have been incompetent, pathetic at negotiation, and have caused economic catastrophe and are heaping misery on tens of thousands as their argument for Scotland staying?

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

So the UK government would stand up and readily admit they have been incompetent, pathetic at negotiation, and have caused economic catastrophe and are heaping misery on tens of thousands as their argument for Scotland staying?

The UK government won’t put it in those terms but they will use the “economic disturbance” as a reason for remaining in the UK. I mean, who in their right mind would want to go through it twice?..

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Brexit could very well be catastrophic for RUK, but remaining in the EU will be very much to Scotland's advantage.

I agree, and I am generally anti EU, but you can be certain that Westminster and the UK press will not let Scotland go without fighting as dirty as they have to.

39 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The UK government won’t put it in those terms but they will use the “economic disturbance” as a reason for remaining in the UK. I mean, who in their right mind would want to go through it twice?..

Whatever happens the EU and the UK will have to come up with a solution for Ireland that could be used as a template for Scotland. Single market access and open border arrangements with both blocs, bit similar to the solution they came up with for Liechtenstein.

Edited by welshbairn

On 27/07/2019 at 12:19, This time Perthshirebell said:

It's wrong to suggest Yes are ahead in opinion polls.    No are ahead with a greatly reduced majority.   

I suspect one of the Sunday papers will have commissioned a poll to be conducted in the week Boris was announced.    I'd be hopeful Yes will top 50%.  

Several polls were released giving yes a lead with of bojo premiership.

But Yeh. Point taken.  I would hope the msm polls will soon reflect yes at +50 . 

There is no doubt the respective parties private polling are now showing a yes lead.....and have been for a while. Given the inevitable brexit calamity, that can only increase.

The thing is...we are no getting an indyref2. Unless the Scotgov have a plan we are f@cked.