Highland league attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

I'm looking to collate headcounts / attendances for all league and cup games involving Highland league clubs from this coming season. 

I already do the Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland clubs.

If anyone is willing to do headcounts could I ask that all behind spectators side of barriers are counted, including paying, committee, helpers, free entry and kids etc.

Players, coaches and match officials are not counted.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help and all the very best for the season ahead. 

42 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

I'm looking to collate headcounts / attendances for all league and cup games involving Highland league clubs from this coming season. 

If anyone is willing to do headcounts could I ask that all behind spectators side of barriers are counted, including paying, committee, helpers, free entry and kids etc.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help and all the very best for the season ahead. 

What's the best way to go about it? Thinking the only way would be to arrive very early and count everyone through the gates and the front door, and deduct the players etc. Once the game's started you'd have to check the bogs and the private bars for the blazers. Unless a rough snapshot is fine.

2 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Wick Academy are one of the few to publish their attendances, if that's any use?

Most do headcount around 20/30 mins. Some just before or just after half time. A general headcount of all watching the game when headcount is done is sufficient.  As with Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland I would like to get attendance / headcount from clubs in first instance. I will message clubs for figure but I may / will have to rely on supporters headcounts also. Hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Went to Locos v Buckie game today since we had no game. Don't know a figure for the attendance but would say maybe a wee bit more folk than usual would think around the 400 mark. Entertaining game

it was buckie that were playing,surely you've missed out a couple of zeros?

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I would have said 550 or so at Fraserburgh v Wick today. A decent game, too.

Report here

I'm taking a clicker to the Broch for Clach away in a couple of weeks. Not that I distrust you, just I'm a bit doubtful of your estimates of the average attendance. Will be happy to be proven wrong. Only time I've been the game was cancelled 10 minutes before kick off, after a long trek by train and bus, so I've no way of knowing. But I've rarely seen crowds like that at other HL grounds, and only for big matches. Not even at Buckie.

It was the first day of the season, a very sunny day, with hospitality pretty full.

"I'm doubtful....I've no way of knowing".  😕

In recent seasons, I've seen big crowds for Cove-Brora, Buckie-Formartine when Buckie ended up champions (6-700 in that day), Broch-Cove (easily 500+ for a 2-2 draw), about 400 at Harlaw Park for Locos-Broch.

Yes, there are pish crowds in the league too (notably, Keith and Fort William.) There are also big crowds too. (I was ticket no. 435 today, and I entered the ground about 10 mins before kick off).

58 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

it was buckie that were playing,surely you've missed out a couple of zeros?

After a good win today it may be a sell out whoever they play .next week as mentioned plenty going to encourage folk to turn out, would doubt if any of the two of these teams will be top of the pile come the end of the season but personally would all go to a HFL game rather than SPFL when my team not having a game.

Edited by peternapper

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

It was the first day of the season, a very sunny day, with hospitality pretty full.

"I'm doubtful....I've no way of knowing".  😕

In recent seasons, I've seen big crowds for Cove-Brora, Buckie-Formartine when Buckie ended up champions (6-700 in that day), Broch-Cove (easily 500+ for a 2-2 draw), about 400 at Harlaw Park for Locos-Broch.

Yes, there are pish crowds in the league too (notably, Keith and Fort William.) There are also big crowds too. (I was ticket no. 435 today, and I entered the ground about 10 mins before kick off).

Fair enough. :) It wasn't really today's figure I was doubtful about, I think you said a few weeks ago in response to a question about average attendance that the Broch averaged 550. If so that's a lesson to the rest of the league. Even Clach get that on a big day, but the average is way less. Mind you there are more options for people in Inverness on a Saturday afternoon than Fraserburgh. Shops and the like. :P

P.S. The Clach contingent on the 10th will be easy to count, 90% will be wearing blazers. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

We're up and running so what do people make of the first weekend results? My 3 expected title challengers all had big scoring, clean sheet wins. Disappointing start from Locos especially playing 3/4 of the game against 10 men.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:33, peternapper said:

Went to Locos v Buckie game today since we had no game. Don't know a figure for the attendance but would say maybe a wee bit more folk than usual would think around the 400 mark. Entertaining game

What did you make of the Locos performance? I couldn't make the game but from what I've heard Locos were poor and Buckie adapted well to playing with 10 men - was that right?

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

What did you make of the Locos performance? I couldn't make the game but from what I've heard Locos were poor and Buckie adapted well to playing with 10 men - was that right?

I would say even although Buckie were down to 10 men for about an hour of the game you would not have noticed they were a man short, after getting an early pen & going ahead Locos never really imposed themselves on the game. The sending off was correct but Buckie looked as if they wanted it more.

23 minutes ago, peternapper said:
3 hours ago, Northboy said:

I would say even although Buckie were down to 10 men for about an hour of the game you would not have noticed they were a man short, after getting an early pen & going ahead Locos never really imposed themselves on the game. The sending off was correct but Buckie looked as if they wanted it more.

Thanks, that's pretty much how I heard it.

Weekend attendances / Headcounts 27/7/19

Still looking for following if anyone can help. Ps if I can get figures from clubs then I will use these in spreadsheets. If I can't get from clubs I will use headcount. 

Any help with missing att / headcount would be greatly appreciated.

Deveronvale v Nairn County (150) 

Keith v Fořmartine Utd

Strathspey Th v Clachnacuddin

Turriff Utd v Rothes

Highland league 

East of Scotland 

Lowland

South of Scotland 

IMG_20190729_153955.JPG

IMG_20190729_154021.JPG

Edited by Burnieclub78