South of Scotland league Attendances 2019/20

Last year's league averages compared to this year so far. I took out Dumfries YMCA and combined Annan Athletic reserves with Caledonian Braves reserves since they essentially replaced each other.

The biggest drop off has been the switch from Annan to Caledonian Braves reserves. Presumably that's down to being less local for other teams and the Braves not having the same level of support that might also go to a reserve game. Otherwise most of seen an increase this year so far.

image.png.458f2cf58bd52ba29656175252d87f56.png

Well done  Burnie and Fairweather . Interesting stats . The two faraway clubs show the need for leagues to be kept regional wherever possible. Also the more local players the bigger attendances. I know its not always practical but good for interest in teams. Good case for a West of Scotland league alongside the South league. Just a dream ?

Well done  Burnie and Fairweather . Interesting stats . The two faraway clubs show the need for leagues to be kept regional wherever possible. Also the more local players the bigger attendances. I know its not always practical but good for interest in teams. Good case for a West of Scotland league alongside the South league. Just a dream ?
negotiations are currently ongoing for the west region juniors to slot in at tier 6. If that happens I can't see Bonnyton or Caledonian reserves moving as it'd mean going from tier 6 to tier 9.

58 minutes ago, info said:

Hopefully the West Region Juniors will be coming in to the pyramid for 2020-21. That should see hopefully see any 'new' clubs join its set up from the Glasgow/Strathclyde region from then on.

At the same time that does pose certain difficulties for the SoSFL. If Bonnyton or Caledonian Braves weren't in the league it would be down to 13.

I think the South have diluted the overall standard of the league by rushing into getting more teams into the mix regardless. Better a smaller league that suits the special geographics of the area than a difficult to sustain bigger league 

I think the South have diluted the overall standard of the league by rushing into getting more teams into the mix regardless. Better a smaller league that suits the special geographics of the area than a difficult to sustain bigger league 

Can you explain why a team from say Kilmarock. Who won't compete for players from other clubs in the league, would somehow dilute the quality?

• 2 weeks later...