Lowland league Attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

There must be hardly a club in the bottom tier of the pyramid - or other grades - funded principally from their gate receipts. Obviously it helps but sponsorship, fundraising, etc. are all vital.

It's especially noticeable in SOSL as local amateur league folded in 2014 and 4 clubs joined SOSL (Lochar/Lochmaben/Upper Annandale/Dumfries YMCA), so it's catering down to lowest level of mens Saturday organised football there.

It's especially noticeable in SOSL as local amateur league folded in 2014 and 4 clubs joined SOSL (Lochar/Lochmaben/Upper Annandale/Dumfries YMCA), so it's catering down to lowest level of mens Saturday organised football there.

Minor note but Lochmaben didn't join the SOSL in the season following the demise of the D&DAFL (2014-2015) as they opted to play in the North & South Lanarkshire Amateur League that season. They joined the following season (2015-2016) by merging with Crichton & playing out of Dumfries for that season. ThiS eventually led to Lochmaben absorbing Crichton & ground sharing with Mid-Annandale in Lockerbie under the Lochmaben name.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Minor note but

• Lochmaben didn't join the SOSL in the season following the demise of the D&DAFL (2014-2015)
  • as they opted to play in the North & South Lanarkshire Amateur League that season.
  • They joined the following season (2015-2016)
  • by merging with Crichton
  • & playing out of Dumfries for that season.
  • ThiS eventually led to Lochmaben absorbing Crichton
  • & ground sharing with Mid-Annandale in Lockerbie
  • under the Lochmaben name.

tenor.gif?itemid=7307056

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend att / headcount 10/11/19

Any help with missing would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

IMG_20191111_155744.JPG

IMG_20191111_155952.JPG

I counted 200 at the East Kilbride v Shire game but happy to go with the 150 as it was just a very rough head count :)

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:
4 hours ago, Dead said:
I counted 200 at the East Kilbride v Shire game but happy to go with the 150 as it was just a very rough head count emoji4.png

On the other side of the scale, I counted 49 at BSC v Preston and have no idea where 75 came from!

Did you count the 26 people hiding in the bogs? Apparently they were trying to avoid some weirdo paying more attention to the crowd than the game. 🧐

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Did you count the 26 people hiding in the bogs? Apparently they were trying to avoid some weirdo paying more attention to the crowd than the game. 🧐

If Kilby would be less cloak and dangers with their attendances then there would be less weirdos for those running scared in the bogs to worry about :). Most clubs are open about  with the numbers at their games 

Personally I take notes of crowds for 'Shire club records. It is also useful for trends v each club at home games for prog volumes etc. 

Did you count the 26 people hiding in the bogs? Apparently they were trying to avoid some weirdo paying more attention to the crowd than the game. [emoji3166]
I wasn't having a go, was just surprised that the figure was so much higher than my admittedly rough headcount. Must be a whole lot more folk standing pitch side than my cursory glance saw