Lowland league Attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I suppose you will be able to say that about any club. Some will give accurate ones while others will just post a load of shite. Only way you would get really reliable ones would be if they had to give attendance returns with a breackdown to the league like they do in the SPFL.

What i've found as this has went on, figures given are very rarely questioned. Supporters are not shy in questioning figures on spreadsheets and rightly so. Take the Fraserburgh one which I do believe to be a genuine mistype, spotted and sorted. I personally don't believe anyone is posting a load of shite.  Clubs and supporters are working with me on this and I believe we are getting pretty accurate figures. Yes you could find some differences in people's headcounts at any given game but not to any extent that would inflate or deflate figures too much. 

2 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

What i've found as this has went on, figures given are very rarely questioned. Supporters are not shy in questioning figures on spreadsheets and rightly so. Take the Fraserburgh one which I do believe to be a genuine mistype, spotted and sorted. I personally don't believe anyone is posting a load of shite.  Clubs and supporters are working with me on this and I believe we are getting pretty accurate figures. Yes you could find some differences in people's headcounts at any given game but not to any extent that would inflate or deflate figures too much. 

An example last night would be I was at Dundonald and someone next to me done a headcount of 237 during the 1st half but I seen on their twitter that it was 419, which it didn't look like to me. Of the 3 people I was with we had all guessed the crowd to be in the 200 odd range before asking the person who did the headcount.

Could be the Bluebell count all season ticket holders if they turn up or not, could have been folk in the bar who knows but I didn't see any sudden chance in the crowd before or after the guys head count. He maybe wasn't 100% bang on but at the same I doubt he would be almost 200 out.

Edited by cowdenbeath

An example last night would be I was at Dundonald and someone next to me done a headcount of 237 during the 1st half but I seen on their twitter that it was 419, which it didn't look like to me. Of the 3 people I was with we had all guessed the crowd to be in the 200 odd range before asking the person who did the headcount.
Could be the Bluebell count all season ticket holders if they turn up or not, could have been folk in the bar who knows but I didn't see any sudden chance in the crowd before or after the guys head count. He maybe wasn't 100% bang on but at the same I doubt he would be almost 200 out.

A big difference! Surely clubs don't massage figures, a bit sad and pointless.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

A big difference! Surely clubs don't massage figures, a bit sad and pointless.

The more I think about it 419 rings a bell think it was the 1st prize in the raffle easy to mix up:lol:

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

275 at Civil v Bonnyrigg Rose. If the two stands at Alliance park are 50 seats each then 210+ at Caledonian Braves v Kelty hearts

I was at the Caledonian Braves game today (to add Alliance Park to my ground hopping record).  If no official attendance is available, then I did a head count of exactly 210.

Edit: I guess it will be a new ground record for them. :thumsup2

Edited by Footballfirst

I expected longer than 3mins for that obvious pun to be delivered.

On a serious note we've had excellent attendances so far - in the League Cup groupstage and v Bonnyrigg and v Stirling Uni - but fan optimism and/or patience won't prove endless.

Hopefully get Tuesday out of the way, then it's 2 cup-ties v Spartans and Newtongrange (which looks more winnable), before an important league game v CSS at the end of the month.