Lowland league Attendances 2019/20

Burnieclub78

Back again for season 2

Hopefully the response for headcounts is as good as was last season. 

If anyone is doing headcounts could I ask that all behind spectators side of barriers are counted, including paying, committee, helpers, free entry and kids etc.

Players, coaches and match officials are not counted.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help and all the very best for the season ahead. 

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:37, gogsy said:

Just 1 short of the combined total for the Albion Rovers v Edinburgh City and Stenhousemuir v Cowdenbeath games.:) I posted at start of June that Bonnyrigg could get close to 450 average for league games if they were promoted to Lowland league, don't think they will be far away from that.

No surprises there - I'd suspect a variety of yesterday's LL and EOSL attendances will surpass some of this week's Scottish League Cup games... 414 (QP v Clyde), 157 (Albion Rovers v Edinburgh City), 262 (Stenny v Cowden), 412 (Alloa v Stirling Albion), 402 (Stranraer v Livingston), 208 (Edinburgh City v EK) - even an Angus derby in Brechin-Montrose yesterday only drew 405.

Scots fitba fans aren't mugs and underwhelming, overpriced and/or often dead-rubber LC groupstage ties often do not look very attractive... in comparison yesterday's non-league card included many comparatively attractive games, including various local derbies, so you had the right circumstances all round.

Edited by HibeeJibee

43 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fraserburgh v Wick Academy 550

giphy.gif

Both have decent supports. Good crowd there when I watched Shire up at Fraserburgh in the Scottish Cup. Went to the Linlithgow Rose v Wick midweek replay a couple of years back and Wick had a fantastic support with them. 

.............not Elgin on a wet Tuesday night though! 

On 28/07/2019 at 15:05, HibeeJibee said:

No surprises there - I'd suspect a variety of yesterday's LL and EOSL attendances will surpass some of this week's Scottish League Cup games... 414 (QP v Clyde), 157 (Albion Rovers v Edinburgh City), 262 (Stenny v Cowden), 412 (Alloa v Stirling Albion), 402 (Stranraer v Livingston), 208 (Edinburgh City v EK) - even an Angus derby in Brechin-Montrose yesterday only drew 405.

Scots fitba fans aren't mugs and underwhelming, overpriced and/or often dead-rubber LC groupstage ties often do not look very attractive... in comparison yesterday's non-league card included many comparatively attractive games, including various local derbies, so you had the right circumstances all round.

Spot on - you’d have to wait for the first round of L1/L2 fixtures so you could judge like with like.

As it happens, I paid more to watch Bonnyrigg on Saturday than Dundee v ICT on Sunday, but only because I never bother asking for a concession at non-League. So only £6 at Dens and £7 at NDP.

On 29/07/2019 at 20:04, HibeeJibee said:

:lol: just a 67% inflation. I knew Broch have a good support, but home v Wick hardly seemed "Scottish non-league Match of the Day".

Think you'll have to watch these teuchters like a hawk.

I suppose you will be able to say that about any club. Some will give accurate ones while others will just post a load of shite. Only way you would get really reliable ones would be if they had to give attendance returns with a breackdown to the league like they do in the SPFL.