EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

Back again for season 2  Hopefully the response for headcounts is as good as was last season. 

If anyone is doing headcounts could I ask that all behind spectators side of barriers are counted including paying,  committee, helpers, free entry and kids etc.

Players, coaching and match officials are not counted.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help and all the very best for the season ahead.

Ok, to knock this whataboutery on the heid, the above is the OPs first post on the thread -

The way I’m reading it, I think he’s looking to collate weekly figures for persons actually in attendance at each EOS fixture throughout the season.

So heidcounts of actual skulls in the ground, at each game, and none of this ‘but tickets sold blahblahblah’....

34 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ok, to knock this whataboutery on the heid, the above is the OPs first post on the thread -

The way I’m reading it, I think he’s looking to collate weekly figures for persons actually in attendance at each EOS fixture throughout the season.

So heidcounts of actual skulls in the ground, at each game, and none of this ‘but tickets sold blahblahblah’....

Spot on as imo actual headcount gives most accurate figure of people in attendance. Including all on spectators side of barriers including paying, free entry,  kids, helpers and committee.  I try to point this out as many times as possible and understand sometimes it may be difficult so there's every chance some clubs will do gate count and add free entry, committee etc to give as close a att as possible, this is also fine imo. 

Edited by Burnieclub78

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

To sound a contrary note: for purpose of gauging trends between seasons its important the methodology isn't altered. If a club counted unused STs last season it's valid to keep doing so.

True, though when I've done headcounts before the number reported here has always been around that figure. The reason we're discussing the reported 470 is because previous figures looked right, but this one doesn't look like it was calculated on the same basis.

True, though when I've done headcounts before the number reported here has always been around that figure. The reason we're discussing the reported 470 is because previous figures looked right, but this one doesn't look like it was calculated on the same basis.

They didn’t look right though, hence a dozen or so folk, all fans of various teams suggesting that Linlithgow’s attendances have been getting over-quoted anywhere from about 100 to 150-odd over the real number of folk actually there.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

They didn’t look right though, hence a dozen or so folk, all fans of various teams suggesting that Linlithgow’s attendances have been getting over-quoted anywhere from about 100 to 150-odd over the real number of folk actually there.

Maybe you misunderstood - the 470 looked wrong, but the previous figures for Prestonfield have looked right.

Everyone who was at those games, including me. And I took headcounts at some of them.

Riiiight...

So why this season and last season have supporters of various teams both on here and chatting at games repeatedly called into question the attendances quoted by Linlithgow? You’re acting like this is something new.

I believe @FatController goes to your games quite often and had been doing actual headcounts at games for the attendances thread that were a fair bit under the figures your club gave.

Riiiight...

So why this season and last season have supporters of various teams both on here and chatting at games repeatedly called into question the attendances quoted by Linlithgow? You’re acting like this is something new.

I believe @FatController goes to your games quite often and had been doing actual headcounts at games for the attendances thread that were a fair bit under the figures your club gave.
In that case we should hand back the £5000 prize money for the best crowd awards 2018-19.

In that case we should hand back the £5000 prize money for the best crowd awards 2018-19.

‘Best crowd award’ [emoji1]

Keep it. You’ll need that £ to buy new players since the ones you’re slaughtering every week aren’t good enough. Might want to try save some of the £ too to pay off BF next season when the inevitable sacking comes.

‘Best crowd award’ [emoji1]

Keep it. You’ll need that £ to buy new players since the ones you’re slaughtering every week aren’t good enough. Might want to try save some of the £ too to pay off BF next season when the inevitable sacking comes.
Might take Max next time - he applies every time anyways.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:
3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

‘Best crowd award’ emoji1.png

Mind and take your tablets.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

image.thumb.png.4bdf48c984efe133052d047e4d01af79.png

Indeed. The criteria was outlined in the first post and was fairly simple, straight forward stuff really. 

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:
3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

‘Best crowd award’ emoji1.png

d4wb0jr-9c487cea-8d41-42ac-8dbe-f12d4e6b

🥱

16 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Riiiight...

So let me get this right. You go to the football on a Saturday. To talk to the other teams fans about Linlithgow Rose attendances. 😂👍😜

So let me get this right. You go to the football on a Saturday. To talk to the other teams fans about Linlithgow Rose attendances. [emoji23][emoji106][emoji12]

Do you, Auld Heid and Specky all go to the same dealer for your stupid pills aye?

I personally haven’t discussed attendances with anyone other than on here.