EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

I took in the Craigroyston/Univ of Stirling EoS game on Saturday and although I didn't do a "proper" count (not that it would have taken me long) I reckoned about 30.  Obviously I am happy to be corrected if someone provides an official figure!

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's the season ticket holder point guys. We have about 200. I wasn't at the game for example but I've paid the gate.

I assume that is a joke? Or do Lithgow count how many of you are behind the barriers and then add 200 each week! 

It's the season ticket holder point guys. We have about 200. I wasn't at the game for example but I've paid the gate.

What’s season tickets to do with anything?

I think what [mention=65008]Belter1[/mention] was saying is that by looking around the ground doing a physical headcount, he estimated 350 folk.

350 was only said to cover my arse when I read the 470. I was being generous. Genuinely thought no more than 300 at the time. There adding the season ticket holders on aswell as paying supporters. Which is fine but not what was meant to happen for the chart. I know plenty folk who buy Tranent season tickets and don’t go to games or pay season tickets and pay into the games also.

5 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

350 was only said to cover my arse when I read the 470. I was being generous. Genuinely thought no more than 300 at the time. There adding the season ticket holders on aswell as paying supporters. Which is fine but not what was meant to happen for the chart. I know plenty folk who buy Tranent season tickets and don’t go to games or pay season tickets and pay into the games also.

I still don’t get it? Those who pay get a stub - season tickets don’t get a stub so 270 paid to get in and they add 200 to get 470.   What about kids under ??  who get in for free - do they get stubs as well or not - if so are not counted?? Or is there a head count and they add 200?? Or is there double counting involved. Stubs for those who pay - no stubs for season tickets but still add 200 on to a figure plucked from??

It's not an unreasonable approach to take, and in the absence of actual turnstiles it is at least auditable. It's not really what the compiler is trying to track, though.

Moreover it makes a bit of a mockery of some of the crowdwanking (which is usually over differences of a couple of dozen folk) - see recent posts in Lithgae thread!

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the figures given. In Linlithgow Rose case they have also supplied these two figures this season 190  & 175 (cup games) there's also been 200+ 300+. Etc. 

Sometimes some clubs or supporters will give estimates as best they can and to me that's fine. It's a guide so figures in vast majority will be there or thereabouts. 

Ps actual headcounts are imo most accurate. 

Edited by Burnieclub78

It's a bit like your treasure chest isn't it. An enigma.

Are you suggesting we get someone to click as they walk past everyone? I think that's how attendances are estimated across the land.

What’s season tickets to do with anything?

I think what [mention=65008]Belter1[/mention] was saying is that by looking around the ground doing a physical headcount, he estimated 350 folk.

You didn't complain when we gave you your buggers attendance for ages so pipe down.

It's not an unreasonable approach to take, and in the absence of actual turnstiles it is at least auditable. It's not really what the compiler is trying to track, though.

Moreover it makes a bit of a mockery of some of the crowdwanking (which is usually over differences of a couple of dozen folk) - see recent posts in Lithgae thread!

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:
You didn't complain when we gave you your buggers attendance for ages so pipe down.

Chill oot fella! I defended your club's methodology.

I was merely suggesting that it might not provide a sound basis for one-upmanship in comparison to figures obtained using alternative approaches.

You should absolutely free to disregard that advice, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

ETA: I just mean in relation to crowd wanks. I will of course take grinderbrokeyourhearts seriously on all other matters. 

Edited by Hip Priest
Clarification

It's a bit like your treasure chest isn't it. An enigma.

Are you suggesting we get someone to click as they walk past everyone? I think that's how attendances are estimated across the land.

I’m sure the treasure chest remark made sense and was funny in your head.

Perhaps the clicker is worth a go seeing as this is the umpteenth time it’s been suggested Linlithgow’s given attendance has been exaggerated or called b.s.