EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

17 hours ago, Auld Heid said:
18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

‘Best crowd award’ emoji1.png

Keep it. You’ll need that £ to buy new players since the ones you’re slaughtering every week aren’t good enough. Might want to try save some of the £ too to pay off BF next season when the inevitable sacking comes.

Might take Max next time - he applies every time anyways.

That’s like Jurgen Klopp applying for the Accrington Stanley job ! 

Pretty decent crowd for the Broxburn game considering both teams were effectively away from home.

Friday nights under the lights should become a semi-regular thing. As more clubs get floodlights installed and with a bit more publicity, between the league and cup games, I think it’d be a good move if every club were scheduled to have at least maybe two Friday night games a season? It’s a far more practical night for most folk than Mon-Thurs, there’s rarely much other football on and draw more neutrals. Perhaps a lot of newbies too, i.e folk that go watch a ‘big team’ on a Saturday.

It’s at least worth a try IMO.

Friday nights under the lights should become a semi-regular thing. As more clubs get floodlights installed and with a bit more publicity, between the league and cup games, I think it’d be a good move if every club were scheduled to have at least maybe two Friday night games a season? It’s a far more practical night for most folk than Mon-Thurs, there’s rarely much other football on, might draw more neutrals. Perhaps a lot of newbies too, i.e folk that go watch a ‘big team’ on a Saturday.

It’s at least worth a try IMO.
I frequently go to games for no other reason than its something to do on a Friday night. Don't mind a bit of travelling either, I'd be all for more Friday night games.

There'd almost certainly be "irregular venue groundhoppers" beating tracks to Broxburn-Crossgates too.

Friday has been tried before. Edinburgh City used to occasionally move games to Friday night about 15yrs ago. Hawick similarly about a decade ago. It tended to boost their crowds as a novelty - but not if done on a regular basis.... Some more recent experiments included Easthouses v Penicuik at New Year last season, Dalkeith v Penicuik in League Cup and Easthouses v Sauchie in League Cup last April, and Linlithgow v Newtongrange last month.

Back when Scotland internationals were Sat-Wed, the whole EOSL card used to be Friday (lit)/Sunday (unlit). Also a couple of times Scottish Cup Final was early there were Friday league or King Cup cards.

They occur in LL from time-to-time due to 'Shire, BSCG, Spartans and Cumbernauld groundsharing. Crowds do seem to be bigger. Also on the Groundhop and televised Scottish Cup ties, though they're naturally bigger.

It might be hard to organise systematically - away clubs wouldn't be wanting to make long trips, some home clubs might lose more in hospitality, etc. - but certainly worth clubs looking at, on individual bases, to suit local/novelty circumstances.

Isn't Auld Heid the official Linlithgow count?

By ‘official Linlithgow count’ do you mean ‘absolute slavering fud’ ?

Count - lose the 'o' and that's you summed up perfectly.

Hahahahaha stoater m8!

Anyway, back to attendances:

0 for Camelon v Bo’ness!

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I was referring to Auld Heid’s post that you responded to.

I do a head count at most matches.  Normally don’t say anything as my figure is usually in and around the ‘official count’. Last year, two of my figures were used, as home team did not offer a crowd.

Also, used as ‘official count’ at Alex Jack cup final was hugely understated!

My benchmark crowd at yesterday’s match (no added season ticket as I ain’t got a clue who is who) is between (354 & 369) - two counts 10 minutes apart in1st half.

17 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I do a head count at most matches.  Normally don’t say anything as my figure is usually in and around the ‘official count’. Last year, two of my figures were used, as home team did not offer a crowd.

Also, used as ‘official count’ at Alex Jack cup final was hugely understated!

My benchmark crowd at yesterday’s match (no added season ticket as I ain’t got a clue who is who) is between (354 & 369) - two counts 10 minutes apart in1st half.

362 given 

37 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Nope I got fig last night lol 

I was saying I was glad i put my figures out before you produced yours!👍

if I waited till you said 362, it would have looked like my figures were made up!

Edited by Casey Jones