EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

So these are just the games I could find where Bo'ness United hosted Linlithgow Rose. The first thing you can tell by the dates is that most of these games would no longer have been played. Which also explains why there's reports as a lot of clubs would of wrapped up their seasons by then.

Saturday 29th May 2010 - 2,200 Super League
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=249404;search_string=bo'ness linlithgow;guest=332048219#249404

Saturday 27th May 2011 - c. 700 Super League
http://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-matchday-289-newtown-park.html

Friday 6th June 2014 - 2,000 approx Fife & Lothians Cup Final
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=595458;search_string=bo'ness linlithgow;guest=332048219#595458

Monday 18th May 2015 - c. 1,000 East of Scotland Cup 3rd Round
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=663420;search_string=bo'ness linlithgow;guest=332048219#663420

Monday 22nd May 2017 - c. 700 Fife & Lothians Cup QF
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=807429;search_string=bo'ness linlithgow;guest=332048219#807429

Grim reading for majority of clubs unfortunately.

Not sure what the answer is.

You’re a grim read.

He's here to troll, not have a rational debate.

Is this manofthematch pleb the guy who ran that Juniors Twitter account and/or came on here trying to promote and get folk to join his Juniors forum/messageboard?

I'm pretty sure if you were to go round regulars of all the clubs who left the Juniors for the EoSFL that there would be very few (if any) who felt it hasn't worked out to be the right move and the right time.

I was a sceptic to start with but fully converted now, Junior game was great for us but the EoSL and the EoSFA have been nothing short of brilliant so far.  Regular at Mussselburgh then and now and there's a buzz about this league that wan't really there before.  I'd reckon our crowds are up but then they were pretty healthy beforehand, games  seem to mean a bit more though.

Only thing that needs looking at is when a team leaves the EoSFL for the Lowland and encouunters the SFA, wouldn't think anybody would think the Whitehill/Bonnyrigg fiasco is going to be the last time the SFA move the goalposts on licencing.

I'm pretty sure if you were to go round regulars of all the clubs who left the Juniors for the EoSFL that there would be very few (if any) who felt it hasn't worked out to be the right move and the right time.

I was a sceptic to start with but fully converted now, Junior game was great for us but the EoSL and the EoSFA have been nothing short of brilliant so far.  Regular at Mussselburgh then and now and there's a buzz about this league that wan't really there before.  I'd reckon our crowds are up but then they were pretty healthy beforehand, games  seem to mean a bit more though.

Only thing that needs looking at is when a team leaves the EoSFL for the Lowland and encouunters the SFA, wouldn't think anybody would think the Whitehill/Bonnyrigg fiasco is going to be the last time the SFA move the goalposts on licencing.

Agreed 100%, spot-on.

I was showing some of these stats to a few gentlemen who fairly enjoy all non league football and they couldn't believe how poor the stats were for the vast majority of clubs.
All i could say was even the tiny minority of football fans who post on here the hardcore anoraks had no idea how things could improve.

Not sure why, but I'll bite:

Most conference clubs have seen a drop this season which is only natural given the clubs with larger crowds got promoted to the Premier. Out of the clubs left in the conferences most, if not all, have seen a steady increase in their gate size. This coupled with improvements in grounds across the board has meant an overall improvement for all clubs. (check out the number of licensed clubs and/or the number of clubs moving towards one)

Crowd 'size' , like other things in life, isn't the only indictator of positive performance..... In footballing terms that is. :-)

My club, Dunipace, who left the wrsjfa 18 months ago after finishing 2nd bottom the season before we left, now sit 2nd top of conference A, await auditors out to assess the ground and club for an sfa licence (if granted we get into sfa Scottish Cup) and have generally seen an improvement in infrastructure, fan base, player recruitment and more importantly, player retention and a mass improvement in our youth set up.

Where is any of that grim reading? Or is it a case of using minimal trails of evidence to support an already proven to be failed narrative. Please assure us you are not a defence lawyer.......

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You’re a grim read.

Is this manofthematch pleb the guy who ran that Juniors Twitter account and/or came on here trying to promote and get folk to join his Juniors forum/messageboard?

Nah, it's the sad, deranged fanny that trolled the Junior forum, and got a hard-on for Glenrothes, Kelty, me and others, was banned - came back - banned - came back (repeat 50+ times).  Maybe he's on day release.

Edited by Burnie_man

Nah, it's the sad, deranged fanny that trolled the Junior forum, and got a hard-on for Glenrothes, Kelty, me and others, was banned - came back - banned - came back (repeat 50+ times).  Maybe he's on day release.

Doesn’t ring any bells tbh but I’d probably recognise some of his previous usernames. f**k him anyway...

How you finding this season Burnie_man? Expected? Better than expected? Enjoying the ride etc?

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

How you finding this season Burnie_man? Expected? Better than expected? Enjoying the ride etc?

Just as tough as we were expecting.  Some really good results, some poor ones.  Clubs like us need to be at full strength every game to have a chance of taking something but for one reason or another not happened very often.  Still plenty to play for though.

Just as tough as we were expecting.  Some really good results, some poor ones.  Clubs like us need to be at full strength every game to have a chance of taking something but for one reason or another not happened very often.  Still plenty to play for though.

You lot certainly gave Bo’ness a game, although in hindsight it was hard to gauge how good Blackburn were that day because Bo’ness had a bad day at the office that game. One things clear to me though and regardless of whether we’re currently top, but binning the Juniors and moving to the EOS has absolutely been the right move. Won’t lie though - it does help we’re currently doing alright! [emoji4]

7 hours ago, manofthematch said:

Grim reading for majority of clubs unfortunately.
Not sure what the answer is.

Here is more grim reading for you as opposed to me.

Below are average attendances for 2018-19 and 2019-20 for Musselburgh Athletic

1. Overall home + away matches averages

2018-19 ave attendance home + away = 205

2019-20 ave attendance home + away = 274

2. Averages split for home + away matches

2018-19 ave attendance home match = 243 

2019-20 ave attendance home  match = 314

2018-19 ave attendance away match = 174

2019-20 ave attendance away match = 233

3. Average split for home + away League matches

2018-19 League home match ave = 221

2019-20 League home match ave = 331

2018-19 League away match ave = 162

2019-20 League away match ave = 203

4. Average split for overall away Cup matches

2018-19 Cup home match ave = 287

2019-20 Cup home match ave = 280

2018-19 Cup away match ave = 190

2019-20 Cup away match ave = 293

From the above, proof that attendance averages have increased in 2019-20 as opposed to 2018-19;  except for home cup matches. 

Home attendance figures provided by Musselburgh Athletic. 

Away attendance figures provided by opposition teams.

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You lot certainly gave Bo’ness a game, although in hindsight it was hard to gauge how good Blackburn were that day because Bo’ness had a bad day at the office that game. One things clear to me though and regardless of whether we’re currently top, but binning the Juniors and moving to the EOS has absolutely been the right move. Won’t lie though - it does help we’re currently doing alright! emoji4.png

It was one of the few games I missed this season sadly!  Thing is, for us we need to be at our best and the top teams need to have an off day for us to take anything. Nature of the beast operating on probably the smallest budget in the league.

The EoS has been fantastic, and becoming full SFA members and entering the Scottish Cup was a pipe dream to the club only a few years ago.  Also, seeing the U20's getting going and some of those players come through already has been great, it's the future for us.

It actually begs the question whether Clachnacuddin should consider playing games on Friday nights every now and then.

Obviously you wouldn't get the "novelty venue" clientele - there were hoppers travelling up from England for this game on a rugby ground - but you'd still get neutrals, ICT fans, etc.

Same could be said of Spartans, Civil Service, Tynecastle, LTHV, Jeanfield, 'Shire and so on also competing with SPFL clubs in their cities/towns.