EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Whether 1st in or last minute its time for you to  move wi the times bud...

What on earth is that all about? I was very much hoping Bo'ness and Lithgae would join the EoS at the time. Do you understand that I have supported an all-encompassing pyramid on here for many years? If not, please stop responding to my posts.

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What on earth is that all about? I was very much hoping Bo'ness and Lithgae would join the EoS at the time. Do you understand that I have supported an all-encompassing pyramid on here for many years? If not, please stop responding to my posts.

Ye said the people at BOTH clubs only wanted to move to EOSFL at last minute. The EOSFL door as far as I know was and is always open to new applicants. 

I read it as if other clubs hadn't moved they'd have stayed where they were thinking you'd rather them stay Junior but for the "domino effect" .

It's an open forum posts will get responded to unfortunately. 

Apologies if I've misread yer post. 

1 hour ago, manofthematch said:

The point many fail to see is this match was attracting the same crowds in the junior football. The eosfl has nothing to do with tie big crowd if these clubs were playing in the churches league they'd attract a good crowd especially after not playing for a good while in a competitive game.
In general I've been disappointed in 90 per cent of crowds for these leagues since the change. Just got to hope things somehow improve.

I know you're only here to troll the EoS under ID number 127, however can you detail the 90%? can you detail which clubs have disappointed where you would have reasonably expected a decent improvement in crowds with a move to senior football.  

56 minutes ago, Dead said:

I agree that Burnieclub is doing a fantastic job collating all the crowd stats.

Out of interest surely clubs the size of Linlithgow and Bo'ness will have club records of their matches and crowd sizes even if they are incomplete and guesstimates. Failing that the club historians will have been recording/researching as much information as they can though I appreciate it isn't an east task.

In my experience, next to no Junior clubs in the east made any specific attempt to record and publish crowds (Tayport was an exception for a while).  There would be the occasional estimate appear in the local paper for a big Junior Cup tie, but otherwise nothing was recorded apart from gate receipts for their financial records.

Edited by Burnie_man

2 hours ago, manofthematch said:

The point many fail to see is this match was attracting the same crowds in the junior football. The eosfl has nothing to do with tie big crowd if these clubs were playing in the churches league they'd attract a good crowd especially after not playing for a good while in a competitive game.
In general I've been disappointed in 90 per cent of crowds for these leagues since the change. Just got to hope things somehow improve.

Maybe that's true and maybe it's not, but we had no way of knowing until people started to collect attendance figures. I don't think it's a coincidence that the collection of these numbers started at the same time as the East Juniors joining the pyramid - it was part of the general step-up in professionalism off the pitch.

I've been disappointed by our home crowds in matches against clubs like Gretna, and at matches that don't kick-off in the traditional Saturday afternoon slot. But thanks to the collection of numbers I've also realised that I've been underestimating crowds. My perception of crowds in the past might well be wrong.

So maybe you're right to be disappointed, but there's no way to be confident about that.

1 hour ago, Dead said:

I agree that Burnieclub is doing a fantastic job collating all the crowd stats.

Out of interest surely clubs the size of Linlithgow and Bo'ness will have club records of their matches and crowd sizes even if they are incomplete and guesstimates. Failing that the club historians will have been recording/researching as much information as they can though I appreciate it isn't an east task.

Dunno, but if they did they didn't publicise it. They might have records on gate receipts but I'd be surprised if they recorded a headcount - so you can't account for season ticket holders, kids etc.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Maybe that's true and maybe it's not, but we had no way of knowing until people started to collect attendance figures. I don't think it's a coincidence that the collection of these numbers started at the same time as the East Juniors joining the pyramid - it was part of the general step-up in professionalism off the pitch.

I've been disappointed by our home crowds in matches against clubs like Gretna, and at matches that don't kick-off in the traditional Saturday afternoon slot. But thanks to the collection of numbers I've also realised that I've been underestimating crowds. My perception of crowds in the past might well be wrong.

So maybe you're right to be disappointed, but there's no way to be confident about that.

Linlithgow may be bucking the trend on attendances - and perhaps the reduction in the crowds is due to the standard of team the Rose currently has, this season and also the previous two seasons? Most of the Linlithgow thread appears to be due to disquiet in the level of play and the stock of players Linlithgow currently has.

For Musselburgh, I have no proof of attendances prior to the great work that Burnie??? (can remember full name) does. However, visually, you can see that crowds are increasing since we have moved over to the EoS. Have to say, on current form, it ain't because Musselburgh are high flying in the league. That wouldn't stop or start me from going to matches anyway, but I also think that the supporters of Burgh are buying into what the players, office bearers and committee members are trying to achieve at Olivebank - and doing it so well!

We also saw a big support from Tranent coming through the gates this weekend - mostly to support their team, but I bet a few also come to see what ground improvements their local rivals were up to.

I think the same of Musselburgh is applicable to a number of other clubs - attendance wish - and rather than a 90% level of disappointment in crowds (from another contributor) , I would bet most clubs are happy with the number of fans coming through their gates.

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

My perception of crowds in the past might well be wrong.

Probably different factors to consider as well. Like how far back are we talking in terms of the past. Good/bad season on the pitch. 12 or 16 league. Middle of winter or start/end of the season with better weather.

In the 5 years the East Super was at 15/16 teams Bo'ness hosted Linlithgow twice in September, twice in May and once in December. 

I can certainly see the may/september games being better attended due to being so early or the end of the season. The December 28th who knows.

Might check nonleaguematters later to see if there are any old headcounts.

Broxburns crowds are definitely improving since the last two seasons in the Superleague.

I know that some of it is down to winning the Conference last season and this years Scottish Cup run.  But I think more importantly for the club in the long term is the product on offer and the cost of it.

My two older lads have started coming to watch them on a semi regular basis which in turn has led to 10/12 of their friends doing likewise.  It’s the cost of a pint in Edinburgh and they find it’s good place to meet on a Saturday before going out for the day.

Think there are a few others doing similar.

I have loved the EoSFL so far and the memories it has given. As for the other teams there are about 8/10 who must think they can do a Broxburn next year or the year after in the big cup.  That was only possible for 1/2 clubs in the old Junior set up.

3 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Broxburns crowds are definitely improving since the last two seasons in the Superleague.

I know that some of it is down to winning the Conference last season and this years Scottish Cup run.  But I think more importantly for the club in the long term is the product on offer and the cost of it.

My two older lads have started coming to watch them on a semi regular basis which in turn has led to 10/12 of their friends doing likewise.  It’s the cost of a pint in Edinburgh and they find it’s good place to meet on a Saturday before going out for the day.

Think there are a few others doing similar.

I have loved the EoSFL so far and the memories it has given. As for the other teams there are about 8/10 who must think they can do a Broxburn next year or the year after in the big cup.  That was only possible for 1/2 clubs in the old Junior set up.

Agreed. Bonnyrigg getting crowds of 2000 plus, Broxburn and Penicuik taking away supports of 1500 in the Scottish would have been as rare as hens teeth in the juniors set-up. Getting to be relatively common now.

Only reason the Rose's crowds are down is because we are gash.

18 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Agreed. Bonnyrigg getting crowds of 2000 plus, Broxburn and Penicuik taking away supports of 1500 in the Scottish would have been as rare as hens teeth in the juniors set-up. Getting to be relatively common now.

Only reason the Rose's crowds are down is because we are gash.

Rose have already beaten Broxburn this season so can’t be that bad.  Don’t think there is much between the teams in the Premier. 

Also if the Rose or Penicuik had got the Loco’s /a League 2 side rather than the teams they faced there would have been a fair chance they would have made the 4th round.

48 minutes ago, manofthematch said:

Grim reading for majority of clubs unfortunately.
Not sure what the answer is.

Can you explain any further? I know my club have got some of the smallest crowds but they are increasing so surely that’s a positive.

52 minutes ago, manofthematch said:

Grim reading for majority of clubs unfortunately.
Not sure what the answer is.

What is there here that you don't understand? The only thing grim is the dribble that comes from you! Easy answer is to retreat and pick another site to spout your fabrication.

Sywnwtby!

51 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Just repeating yourself doesn’t actually add any weight to your argument.

He's here to troll, not have a rational debate.

Across the board clubs have seen increased interest (not all of them, but a lot), more sponsorship, better media/social media coverage, more professional approach to how they operate, improving facilities and yes better gates.  Playing senior football and the ability to play in the Scottish Cup increases exposure and interest.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

He's here to troll, not have a rational debate.

Across the board clubs have seen increased interest (not all of them, but a lot), more sponsorship, better media/social media coverage, more professional approach to how they operate, yes better gates.  Playing senior football and the ability to play in the Scottish Cup increases exposure and interest.

Remember in the case of camelon they said they had averaged 95(?)  when they announced their move to the EoSFL. Since then they've doubled that.

5 minutes ago, Ormi said:

Can you explain any further? I know my club have got some of the smallest crowds but they are increasing so surely that’s a positive.

Only 1 club averages under 40, with 3 clubs between 40-50. All other clubs range from above 50-400ish. 

East of Scotland clubs are getting pretty healthy supports regularly. Some more than others but that's football.  Even the club's averaging 40/50 have a strong base to work from and can grow their support. I bet the club's with the lower support still get fantastic backing on the pitch and off it. 

The league set up has been fantastic and many clubs are improving their grounds and spectators facilities. It's all very positive from me.