EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

3 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Should know Monday night as that's usually when I get Bo'ness figures. 

I was standing under the enclosure, but had taken some photos on my phone at the game. A head count from the photos of those behind both goals and on the dressing room side was 582.  I would estimate around 350 on the enclosure side, but without a photo to back it up, suggesting a total around 932.

13 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Is 1150 a record attendance for roads league match

Brilliant crowd by the way!

I know some of the averages for teams have risen this season, particularly for those involved who had home ties in the Scottish cup, but even the fact that one season was missed because of the conference leagues, getting over 1,100 is great for our level and something other teams should admire/be aiming, at least to close the gap!

On 05/01/2020 at 11:23, Marshmallo said:

When was the last time they played, must be 18 months ago at least? Surprised that didn't crack 4 figures.

It did crack 4 figures and regardless of missing 1 season's competition it was a great crowd.

While others see good things being written in P&B - you appear to look for the negatives in posts - strange!

If anything I thought it looked a little quieter than previous Bo'ness-Linlithgow games, the terrace behind the goal was pretty empty. At the time I presumed the weather might have had an impact. So now I'm wondering what attendances were in the past!

It's brilliant that Burnieclub is collecting and collating all of this, we'll always have this information and it sets a benchmark no matter what happens in future.

41 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

It did crack 4 figures and regardless of missing 1 season's competition it was a great crowd.

While others see good things being written in P&B - you appear to look for the negatives in posts - strange!

I expressed surprise at the previously stated low crowd given as I knew it would be higher than that. Both sides are well backed (as I saw in person in the Scottish Cup earlier in the season), there was no top flight football and the absence of the fixture would make it even more attractive for fans. Says more about you than me if you interpret me thinking there would be a bumper crowd as looking at it negatively.

37 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Bo'ness Utd v Linlithgow Rose att / headcount of 1150 was higher than all 5 SPFL league 2 games and 3 SPFL league 1 games. 

Musselburgh Ath v Tranent was also higher than 2 SPFL league 2 games. 

We have a great product at the EOSFL & lowland league. As does the other areas of non league. There's an opportunity to make it fantastic in future. 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If anything I thought it looked a little quieter than previous Bo'ness-Linlithgow games, the terrace behind the goal was pretty empty. At the time I presumed the weather might have had an impact. So now I'm wondering what attendances were in the past!

It's brilliant that Burnieclub is collecting and collating all of this, we'll always have this information and it sets a benchmark no matter what happens in future.

That is interesting regarding the crowds you had prior to EoS switch!

I certainly have noticed larger crowds coming through the gate at Olivebank and I think it is cause locals appreciate the changes that are currently happening and the improvements, we and other clubs are involved in.

I would say the average crowds at Musselburgh used to be max 200, which I thought was poor for a town the size of ours. Slowly but surely we are seeing new faces coming to the ground and the good thing is that hey are returning for more matches.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I expressed surprise at the previously stated low crowd given as I knew it would be higher than that. Both sides are well backed (as I saw in person in the Scottish Cup earlier in the season), there was no top flight football and the absence of the fixture would make it even more attractive for fans. Says more about you than me if you interpret me thinking there would be a bumper crowd as looking at it negatively.

Okay - you gave a red marking recently in a thread I was involved in (to someone else) and I did think you were being negative in the crowd remark. As you have countered the latter, I apologise for getting it wrong!

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

That is interesting regarding the crowds you had prior to EoS switch!

I certainly have noticed larger crowds coming through the gate at Olivebank and I think it is cause locals appreciate the changes that are currently happening and the improvements, we and other clubs are involved in.

I would say the average crowds at Musselburgh used to be max 200, which I thought was poor for a town the size of ours. Slowly but surely we are seeing new faces coming to the ground and the good thing is that hey are returning for more matches.

I also believe improvements to ground and spectators facilities is the way to help crowds grow. 

I think the attendance certainly has been bigger at B.U v Rose games. Think the weather definitely played a part whilst I wonder if the close proximity of the game to New Year’s day meant a few people might’ve had family or other commitments. Bo’ness True Blues also had a q&a thing with Kris Boyd & Kenny Miller on at Bridgeness too which might’ve taken a few part-timers who might’ve attended the game elsewhere. Seemed to be a general lack of ‘publicity’ for the game though plus a few neutrals I know who sometimes make the trip we’re attending Mussy v Tranent.

20 minutes ago, manofthematch said:

The point many fail to see is this match was attracting the same crowds in the junior football. The eosfl has nothing to do with tie big crowd

Hasn't one of the positives for the EoSFL been the handling of the fixture list. It was given prime place on a Saturday when the premiership was on hiatus. Allowing for more time for hospitality packages. Arranging going around work commitments etc. All to try and maximize a big game.

If it had been in the juniors it might have shuffled round junior cup runs and the like.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Concern from who? It's two football teams playing a game of football. There is zero difference.

The people at both clubs who initially wanted to stay in the juniors two season ago and only agreed to a move to the EoS at the very last minute (along with Broxburn) when dominos started falling in a big way elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I agree that Burnieclub is doing a fantastic job collating all the crowd stats.

Out of interest surely clubs the size of Linlithgow and Bo'ness will have club records of their matches and crowd sizes even if they are incomplete and guesstimates. Failing that the club historians will have been recording/researching as much information as they can though I appreciate it isn't an east task.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The people at both clubs who initially wanted to stay in the juniors two season ago and only agreed to a move to the EoS at the very last minute (along with Broxburn) when dominos started falling in a big way elsewhere.

Whether 1st in or last minute its time for you to  move wi the times bud.

They are in a league set up  where in 2 or 3 years time could be challenging for bigger and better things. Their crowds will get even higher imo. 

Just need that "domino effect" you mention to drop over in the West,it'll happen eventually and you'll have no need to have yer wee digs at the improvements to the Scottish game ?