EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

17 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Don't know if you're doing cup games as well, but there was about 150 at Lochee United vs Burntisland

Thanks, I am at present only recording for clubs from Lowland, EOS, Highland & SOS leagues. East Junior clubs may well be added next. 

46 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Thanks, I am at present only recording for clubs from Lowland, EOS, Highland & SOS leagues. East Junior clubs may well be added next. 

Surely a Scottish Cup attendance should be recorded if it involves a club from those 4 leagues.

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Surely a Scottish Cup attendance should be recorded if it involves a club from those 4 leagues.

It would if it burntisland had been at home. 

Take Dundonald v Auchinleck. The first game counts toward Dundonald's average for the year. The replay won't as Auchinleck aren't in a league being counted.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It would if it burntisland had been at home. 

Take Dundonald v Auchinleck. The first game counts toward Dundonald's average for the year. The replay won't as Auchinleck aren't in a league being counted.

Nothing wrong with recording the attendance for away ties, it won’t upset the clubs home average.

20 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Nothing wrong with recording the attendance for away ties, it won’t upset the clubs home average.

Scottish Cup ties are already well recorded or easily available elsewhere.

Adding away ties means chasing up stats from other clubs out with the pyramid that compete in cup competitions like Golspie, BoD for HFL cups and Glasgow Uni in the South Challenge.

Not to mention a single Scottish Cup tie against one of the bigger SPFL clubs could skew an away average of a 100+ to a 1000+

I know it's often free and usually very 'informal', but it's amazing how many people attend U20 games, and certainly compared to SPFL reserves.

Lots of family and friends make the effort.
First game I went to was at Dunipace, I was expecting half a dozen folk so I got a bit of a shock when there was about 100. They even had the bar and the snack bar open. I think holding most of the games on a Friday night helps, it's a sociable atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:
I know it's often free and usually very 'informal', but it's amazing how many people attend U20 games, and certainly compared to SPFL reserves.

Lots of family and friends make the effort.

First game I went to was at Dunipace, I was expecting half a dozen folk so I got a bit of a shock when there was about 100. They even had the bar and the snack bar open. I think holding most of the games on a Friday night helps, it's a sociable atmosphere.

I went to the first league match last season for Musselburgh U20s, thinking it would be the only one I would attend. I wanted to show support given that they were meant to be part of the Muss Ath ‘family’.

i ended up going to all bar three matches, (home and always), as I think it is fantastic that young lads were/are committed to playing on a Friday night, when they could be out with their pals.

Our average home crowd last season was around 60-65, which would fit in with some of the lesser averages, main EoS teams get on a Saturday.

Two home crowds this season have had 74 and 64 attending. Brand new team, but good that a different batch of supporters have come on board.

I have tried to encourage some of the fans who go to Olivebank on Saturdays, to venture out on a Friday as we are meant to be integrating both teams. A bit disappointing that very few people go to both, but that is more to be that others have a life outside football, whereas I am just a boring old fart!!