EoSFL Attendances 2019/20

If anything I'd expected it to be more given there was not much else on (not even European games on TV), their publicity of free admission and £25 ST offer, and it being pushed on Off the Ball on Saturday. Nevertheless it's over half again their average last season, and if you strip out the well-supported sides like Kelty or 'Shire, their crowds were almost invariably from 30 to 60.

They'll see other prime opportunities to especially entice neutrals along. They have another midweek game in early October (this time the visitors are Dalbeattie) - and on the international weekend in November they are at home to Gala, with no Scottish Premiership or EPL games plus Scotland playing in Cyprus at tea-time. During the Scottish Premiership's winter break in January they are at home to Vale of Leithen - and on Scottish Cup R5 weekend in February (when owing to TV selections there can be surprisingly little else on) they're at home to CSS.

I'm also expecting them to get decent coverage when Scottish Cup R1 comes along, draw and weekend - their unusual name and backstory will attract media interest. Even moreso if make it into R2 or beyond when SPFL teams join.

Edited by HibeeJibee

38 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Missing attendance / headcount for following if anyone can help? 

3/8/19

Dunipace v Craigroyston 

Arniston Rangers v Inverkeithing HS 

31/7/19

Coldstream v Tynecastle 

27/7/19

Coldstream v Stirling Uni 

Don't know if you've got any involvement in this, but it seems the idea of tracking attendance records at this level has inspired others.

Looking at the scores on the nonleaguematters website I scrolled down and spotted them also recording the attendances this year. It only appears as part of the Highland, Lowland and EoS Premier pages.

image.png.d01ac9416ff0b58d96de06bc198ce514.png

image.png.cd5b0da7795363f221c2e46b171044d9.png

image.png.ae86734a11dab760563696be3eb952d7.png

20 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know if you've got any involvement in this, but it seems the idea of tracking attendance records at this level has inspired others.

Looking at the scores on the nonleaguematters website I scrolled down and spotted them also recording the attendances this year. It only appears as part of the Highland, Lowland and EoS Premier pages.

image.png.d01ac9416ff0b58d96de06bc198ce514.png

image.png.cd5b0da7795363f221c2e46b171044d9.png

image.png.ae86734a11dab760563696be3eb952d7.png

Yes they are using figures I collect. 

Embryonic days yet, but at this early juncture both interesting and encouraging to note that only 1 crowd in the Premier Division has been below 150 (Jeanfield v Camelon) and the overall average is 231. Indeed it would've probably been a touch higher had Whitehill v Penicuik survived.

Edited by HibeeJibee

There's a video from Dunipace, counted ~40 on the far side with up to 10 behind the camera (hard to judge from the angle behind the goals).

Funnily enough, I was thinking ~50 would be about right. Pretty disappointing for our first home game of the season on a lovely sunny afternoon.

Hoping it's due to holiday season, as had more at our pre season games, in fact there were more at our friendly last night!

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking ~50 would be about right. Pretty disappointing for our first home game of the season on a lovely sunny afternoon.

Hoping it's due to holiday season, as had more at our pre season games, in fact there were more at our friendly last night!

Call it 50, thanks 

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Failing receiving official figures, there are highlights of Edinburgh Uni v Edusport, IIRC.

I did try to do a count from highlights which I got to around 70ish. Maybe someone can come good with more accurate figure?