Jump to content
StarStriker9

Predictions this weekend ?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, AML67 said:

The very essence of being gracious here is accepting the outcome without excuses ! I merely stated the players Newton were using / short when it was used by Easy Easy as the reason I’m assuming for dropping points ! I personally though it was a good game and the draw was a fair reflection of the effort both sides put in , you guys may think differently and that’s your prerogative 

That’s what opinions are all about, will be interesting to see where both teams finish at end of the season

All the best for rest if the season & keep up the good work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SouthFan99 said:

Newton taking a new approach making excuses before the game is even played emoji102.pngScreenshot_20190730_100143.jpeg

Whit? 

Is Big Jonny no playing? 🤷‍♂️🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SouthFan99 said:

Newton taking a new approach making excuses before the game is even played emoji102.pngScreenshot_20190730_100143.jpeg

Is having 13 players and that includes THREE keepers from our 25 an excuse ? It’s a fact tit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Whit? 

Is Big Jonny no playing? 🤷‍♂️🙄

It’s you guys that we’re missing all your ‘ Big Johnnys ‘ remember 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AML67 said:

It’s you guys that we’re missing all your ‘ Big Johnnys ‘ remember 

Oh... it’s Jonnys now?

How many Jimmys do you have missing tonight then?

A wee bit Pot & Kettle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Oh... it’s Jonnys now?

How many Jimmys do you have missing tonight then?

A wee bit Pot & Kettle 

25 minus 13 ! Surely you don’t need me to help you with that one and perhaps you should check how your guys are looking before tomorrow’s game at Mids in case you come unstuck again. Don’t want another we were missing Bob , Joe , James etc if things don’t go to plan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AML67 said:

25 minus 13 ! Surely you don’t need me to help you with that one and perhaps you should check how your guys are looking before tomorrow’s game at Mids in case you come unstuck again. Don’t want another we were missing Bob , Joe , James etc if things don’t go to plan 

It’s quite simple & not making any excuses here

I have stated before this, that Threave are the team to look out for this season not Bonnyton at this stage

We have lost 4 pre-season to Juniors plus one lad from last season squad who is now playing in USA 

Plus another 4 were missing on Saturday due to injuries/work

But this is what you have to go with & thankfully we have some youth players available to us through our player pathway 

therefoe if you think or believe we are as strong as last season then you are wrong but if in the meantime we can scramble results/points in the meantime then good enough for me, simples 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billy XBoswell said:

It’s quite simple & not making any excuses here

I have stated before this, that Threave are the team to look out for this season not Bonnyton at this stage

We have lost 4 pre-season to Juniors plus one lad from last season squad who is now playing in USA 

Plus another 4 were missing on Saturday due to injuries/work

But this is what you have to go with & thankfully we have some youth players available to us through our player pathway 

therefoe if you think or believe we are as strong as last season then you are wrong but if in the meantime we can scramble results/points in the meantime then good enough for me, simples 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure I don’t have to spell out Newton’s troubles last season out to you and we’re glad to have a few of the guys back but unlike yourself we have no younger age groups so when we’re short we’re short ! That would explain the honesty rather than excuse in the Teams prematch post - it simply is a fact and one we’ll have to deal with  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most teams will have to deal with players missing at this time of year. We used to start with league Cup sections and league starting in August. Most players back from holidays then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took in Stranraer vs Newton game. Easy win for Stranraer never really got out of first gear and controlled easy

But my word, think I witnessed one of the worst tackles ever seen on a pitch from newton striker on big Scott from Reserves. Deservedly red card for newton player but can’t blame Scott for his reaction and getting sent off to which ended up in a brawl. Could of easily ended up with a serious injury 

Edited by SaintMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Took in Stranraer vs Newton game. Easy win for Stranraer never really got out of first gear and controlled easy
But my word, think I witnessed one of the worst tackles ever seen on a pitch from newton striker on big Scott from Reserves. Deservedly red card for newton player but can’t blame Scott for his reaction and getting sent off to which ended up in a brawl. Could of easily ended up with a serious injury 
Yes wos a reckless tackle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2019 at 22:27, AML67 said:

The very essence of being gracious here is accepting the outcome without excuses ! I merely stated the players Newton were using / short when it was used by Easy Easy as the reason I’m assuming for dropping points ! I personally though it was a good game and the draw was a fair reflection of the effort both sides put in , you guys may think differently and that’s your prerogative 

Calm doon mate its pie and bovril no the sunday supplement ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new players for Reserves? Caught two of their preseason games and they looked awful going forward.

Took in Stranraer vs Newton game. Easy win for Stranraer never really got out of first gear and controlled easy
But my word, think I witnessed one of the worst tackles ever seen on a pitch from newton striker on big Scott from Reserves. Deservedly red card for newton player but can’t blame Scott for his reaction and getting sent off to which ended up in a brawl. Could of easily ended up with a serious injury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SouthFan99 said:

Any new players for Reserves? Caught two of their preseason games and they looked awful going forward.

John Lowe middle of park and chunky in goals. Part from that seem to have 3/4 young boys that look about 16 on bench but that’s it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John was playing when I seen him but was brought on as a sub both times, but you could see the difference he made.

John Lowe middle of park and chunky in goals. Part from that seem to have 3/4 young boys that look about 16 on bench but that’s it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2019 at 10:03, SouthFan99 said:

Newton taking a new approach making excuses before the game is even played emoji102.pngScreenshot_20190730_100143.jpeg

 

BCE50EC3-4615-4CEA-B195-F7E1C6A8F51F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AML67 said:

 

BCE50EC3-4615-4CEA-B195-F7E1C6A8F51F.jpeg

A deleted squad !!!!! What gives with that lame excuse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AML67 said:

A deleted squad !!!!! What gives with that lame excuse 

It’s depleted .... ya dafty 😁

and they posted it after & not before the game 

maybe a good idea for you to concentrate on your own teams excuses for the future  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That newton Stewart match report is even funnier than the spelling. Dunno what game they were watching. Two clear penalties and a defence splitting pass? Hahahaha. Goal game from a bad mistake from Stranraer defender and no way were they penalties. 3-1 scoreline flattered them. All Stranraer whole game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...