Predictions this weekend ?

6 hours ago, SouthFan99 said:

Newton taking a new approach making excuses before the game is even played emoji102.pngScreenshot_20190730_100143.jpeg

Is having 13 players and that includes THREE keepers from our 25 an excuse ? It’s a fact tit 

3 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Oh... it’s Jonnys now?

How many Jimmys do you have missing tonight then?

A wee bit Pot & Kettle 

25 minus 13 ! Surely you don’t need me to help you with that one and perhaps you should check how your guys are looking before tomorrow’s game at Mids in case you come unstuck again. Don’t want another we were missing Bob , Joe , James etc if things don’t go to plan 

2 minutes ago, AML67 said:

25 minus 13 ! Surely you don’t need me to help you with that one and perhaps you should check how your guys are looking before tomorrow’s game at Mids in case you come unstuck again. Don’t want another we were missing Bob , Joe , James etc if things don’t go to plan 

It’s quite simple & not making any excuses here

I have stated before this, that Threave are the team to look out for this season not Bonnyton at this stage

We have lost 4 pre-season to Juniors plus one lad from last season squad who is now playing in USA 

Plus another 4 were missing on Saturday due to injuries/work

But this is what you have to go with & thankfully we have some youth players available to us through our player pathway 

therefoe if you think or believe we are as strong as last season then you are wrong but if in the meantime we can scramble results/points in the meantime then good enough for me, simples 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Billy XBoswell said:

It’s quite simple & not making any excuses here

I have stated before this, that Threave are the team to look out for this season not Bonnyton at this stage

We have lost 4 pre-season to Juniors plus one lad from last season squad who is now playing in USA 

Plus another 4 were missing on Saturday due to injuries/work

But this is what you have to go with & thankfully we have some youth players available to us through our player pathway 

therefoe if you think or believe we are as strong as last season then you are wrong but if in the meantime we can scramble results/points in the meantime then good enough for me, simples 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure I don’t have to spell out Newton’s troubles last season out to you and we’re glad to have a few of the guys back but unlike yourself we have no younger age groups so when we’re short we’re short ! That would explain the honesty rather than excuse in the Teams prematch post - it simply is a fact and one we’ll have to deal with  

Took in Stranraer vs Newton game. Easy win for Stranraer never really got out of first gear and controlled easy

But my word, think I witnessed one of the worst tackles ever seen on a pitch from newton striker on big Scott from Reserves. Deservedly red card for newton player but can’t blame Scott for his reaction and getting sent off to which ended up in a brawl. Could of easily ended up with a serious injury 

Edited by SaintMan

Took in Stranraer vs Newton game. Easy win for Stranraer never really got out of first gear and controlled easy
But my word, think I witnessed one of the worst tackles ever seen on a pitch from newton striker on big Scott from Reserves. Deservedly red card for newton player but can’t blame Scott for his reaction and getting sent off to which ended up in a brawl. Could of easily ended up with a serious injury 
Yes wos a reckless tackle

On 29/07/2019 at 22:27, AML67 said:

The very essence of being gracious here is accepting the outcome without excuses ! I merely stated the players Newton were using / short when it was used by Easy Easy as the reason I’m assuming for dropping points ! I personally though it was a good game and the draw was a fair reflection of the effort both sides put in , you guys may think differently and that’s your prerogative 

Calm doon mate its pie and bovril no the sunday supplement ha

Any new players for Reserves? Caught two of their preseason games and they looked awful going forward.

14 minutes ago, SouthFan99 said:

Any new players for Reserves? Caught two of their preseason games and they looked awful going forward.

John Lowe middle of park and chunky in goals. Part from that seem to have 3/4 young boys that look about 16 on bench but that’s it. 

John was playing when I seen him but was brought on as a sub both times, but you could see the difference he made.

John Lowe middle of park and chunky in goals. Part from that seem to have 3/4 young boys that look about 16 on bench but that’s it. 

That newton Stewart match report is even funnier than the spelling. Dunno what game they were watching. Two clear penalties and a defence splitting pass? Hahahaha. Goal game from a bad mistake from Stranraer defender and no way were they penalties. 3-1 scoreline flattered them. All Stranraer whole game 

49 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

It’s depleted .... ya dafty 😁

and they posted it after & not before the game 

maybe a good idea for you to concentrate on your own teams excuses for the future  😉

A 16 year old kid and two goalies on the bench one of whom had to play as a makeshift midfielder against the Champions isn't an excuse but a plain and simple fact ! We knew this beforehand and haven’t the luxury of an U20 squad as you know - you guys are the ones that started this back n forth remember ! Safe journey home 

Edited by AML67