Freeze or Burn

Would you rather freeze or burn to death?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The humidity had me in a bit of a daft debate today in which I stated that I'd much rather be freezing than too hot. I hate humid nights and quite glad that I live in Scotland so I don't need to experience it too often. I'll be absolutely honest and admit, my favourite type of day is a cloudy day. Not warm enough for shorts and not cold enough for winter jackets. Therefore I've went to the extremes and time for P&B to pass their judgement and give reasons as to why.

Too cold? You can always put on more layers.

Too hot? You're fucked. You can't take your skin off. 

Burn to death? f**k that. Either the fire melts you or the smoke chokes you, no thanks.

Freezing to death may be slower, but I can't imagine the sensation is as bad as burning/choking. 

f**k rain. f**k the sun. Overcast please. 

I've lived in hot and cold places and much prefer hotter to colder.  The problem in the UK is that the buildings are not made for hot weather  i.e. no air con etc so it's a problem on the few hot days we get.  Where I am now, we use, and need, air con all year around but we only use at night.  

Aye, you'd need to be a fucking mentalist to want to burn to death over freezing.

As for the others, I'd rather be too hot and of course I'd rather a sunny day. When it's sunny and hot outside you can do just about anything you like. When it's cauld and pishing down options are limited. 

Dry, between 15.1-19.4 Celsius, overcast, perfect.

The thought of burning to death sounds terrifyingly painful (I always shudder when I see stories about witches being burned), freezing not so much.  No brainer for me.

Maybe what I'll do to my enemies is put them barefoot in an iron box floored by an ice block, and then once they can't feel their feet anymore, lift it onto some red hot coals using a crane.  Wahahahahaha

Only downside to freezing to death over burning to death is you may be naked when they find your body.. final stages of hypothermia is known as "paradoxical undressing" where you've basically lost your mind and all your nerves are completely fucked so you feel like you are burning and strip off to cool down as you freeze to death.

Accompanying this is an effort to try and burrow into a tight space like under a log or in a hole. Read up on this after hearing about it on a Football Manager stream.. the undressing is explained by the previously mentioned loss of rationality and damaged nerves.. the burrowing however is still unknown

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, you'd need to be a fucking mentalist to want to burn to death over freezing.

As for the others, I'd rather be too hot and of course I'd rather a sunny day. When it's sunny and hot outside you can do just about anything you like. When it's cauld and pishing down options are limited. 

^^^

Image result for self immolation