Rules Meeting

Wee Albert

1 hour ago, Wee Albert said:

Couple of good changes but what is a penalty or what isn’t a penalty still leaves me wondering. 

Same as before, it's awarded  for a direct free kick offence which takes place in the penalty area. 😉

I was saying to our manager last night I could see tempers flaring with the delayed red card one. 

A defender commits a red card offence in the centre circle.  The other team elect to take a quick free kick which the ref will now allow to happen and will show the red card once either play breaks down or the offender becomes involved in the play.

So the defender backtracks to defend and heads a clearance on his own 6 yard line.  Play stops, he is sent off and the attacking team now get an indirect free kick on the 6 yard line although the original offence happened half way up the park.

The handball stuff will still cause confusion with accidental handball being an offence at one end of the park if a striker scores thanks to it but it's not an offence at the other end if a defender does the exact same arm movement and strikes the ball.

Still, a good wee night, enjoyed it.

F##k being a ref. They get a hard enough time as it is (sometimes fae me) but with these new laws its only make there job 100 times harder.

Mon the papers

I was saying to our manager last night I could see tempers flaring with the delayed red card one. 
A defender commits a red card offence in the centre circle.  The other team elect to take a quick free kick which the ref will now allow to happen and will show the red card once either play breaks down or the offender becomes involved in the play.
So the defender backtracks to defend and heads a clearance on his own 6 yard line.  Play stops, he is sent off and the attacking team now get an indirect free kick on the 6 yard line although the original offence happened half way up the park.
The handball stuff will still cause confusion with accidental handball being an offence at one end of the park if a striker scores thanks to it but it's not an offence at the other end if a defender does the exact same arm movement and strikes the ball.
Still, a good wee night, enjoyed it.

22 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

F##k being a ref. They get a hard enough time as it is (sometimes fae me) but with these new laws its only make there job 100 times harder.

Mon the papers

It will be tough.  In one of our pre season friendlies the ref failed to implement two of the new rules.  Will take a bit of time to maybe settle. 

11 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

I would think it is unlikely that scenario will happen, as play must only continue if the team has a clear goal-scoring opportunity. The wording of the law (12.3) is:

Delaying the restart of play to show a card

Once the referee has decided to caution or send off a player, play must not be restarted until the sanction has been administered, unless the non-offending team takes a quick free kick, has a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the referee has not started the disciplinary sanction procedure. The sanction is administered at the next stoppage; if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned.

Advantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except for the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play, but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.

There was a handball for 2nd pen for Darvel v Kilbirnie that would have been deemed unintentional last season. It was still unintentional but now the player was ' making himself bigger ' by falling on his hole while the ball hit his unintentionally extended arm. Need pockets in shorts for defending these days.

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I would think it is unlikely that scenario will happen, as play must only continue if the team has a clear goal-scoring opportunity. The wording of the law (12.3) is:

It's not unlikely that the defender commits the red card offence 25 yards out, the attacking team take the quick free kick, the ball stays in play for a god bit then the offending player touches the ball in the 6 yard box.  The FIFA example they showed us last night had the quickly taken free kick further out than that.  

The point remains that the offending player could be receiving a red card several minutes later and 30 yards nearer to goal.

3 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

It's not unlikely that the defender commits the red card offence 25 yards out, the attacking team take the quick free kick, the ball stays in play for a god bit then the offending player touches the ball in the 6 yard box.  The FIFA example they showed us last night had the quickly taken free kick further out than that.  

The point remains that the offending player could be receiving a red card several minutes later and 30 yards nearer to goal.

What if he ends up scoring an OG from the advantage played? Then gets sent off for the initial foul! 🙈😂

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

What if he ends up scoring an OG from the advantage played? Then gets sent off for the initial foul! 🙈😂

Better if ball breaks loose and he blooters it upfield and somehow or other he ends up scoring.😱

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play, but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.

Good luck with the making an instant decision on the second  Cautionable offence bit.  I’ve been at games with upwards of 8 or 9 yellow cards and the referees can hardly keep track using their notebook never mind making an instant decision. 

Never mind the refs needing to learn the rules. They need to learn to count.  The ref tried to stop the penalty shoot out after 4 pens despite the fact that Darvel could still draw level at that point. Cue the Hurlford goalie celebrating and many people leaving the ground. The ref didn’t look to chuffed when it was quite vigorously pointed out to him

Min saying that the keeper did have right to celebrate when he saved the 4th penalty. 

Edited by Viewparker