Friday Night Football

Darvel legend

the friendlies are over now for the real games to start and what better place than recreation park darvel this friday evening to kick off the new season 

Darvel v Hurlford 7pm 

we are looking forward to welcoming one of the top junior sides in the country led by one of the best managers in the country 

should be interesting with both sides wanting to put a marker down for the season ahead 

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Proper city derby on Friday night as St Rochs take on Ashfield in a battle of the North

Kick off is 19.15
Admission is as follows
Adults £6
Concessions £3
Kids go Free

The only game in the second city of the empire on Friday night

I might well take this one in, as long as Kinky Afro doesn't think I'm too pompous about it. :thumsup2

Its just a way to try and boost attendances for a local match by trying to get folk to go if there senior team are playing on the Saturday
We played Friday tail end of last season and attrached a decent crowd so given ourselves and Ashfield are close neighbors it's certainly worth a try

What's the deal with all the Friday night games?
I think it's a great idea btw. A cert to get more punters interested.

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Its just a way to try and boost attendances for a local match by trying to get folk to go if there senior team are playing on the Saturday
We played Friday tail end of last season and attrached a decent crowd so given ourselves and Ashfield are close neighbors it's certainly worth a try

I absolutely agree it'll help with attendances mate. It's just unfortunate clubs dont have floodlights and would be able to do it through the winter months, as it would be a great way to get the communities even more involved. 

It would help with interest in youth and amateur football as well.

Summer football could certainly help if we didnt have dinosaurs running the game.

Madness we don't play summer football or set our fixture list like league of Ireland but for some reason some folk think trying to play in the winter is beneficial to the game

I absolutely agree it'll help with attendances mate. It's just unfortunate clubs dont have floodlights and would be able to do it through the winter months, as it would be a great way to get the communities even more involved. 
It would help with interest in youth and amateur football as well.
Summer football could certainly help if we didnt have dinosaurs running the game.

I also think Friday night football
Is a winner but nice tho it is for fans surely the sectional cup schedule is crippling over stretched volunteers running clubs . These people are forced into staging /playing / attending 3 games in five days and the prize at the end off it is at least one potentially 2 x. 6.30pm Ko’s not forgetting 2 days after your last sectional match you face your opening league match . The clamber for change brigade have done no more than pile extra pressure on creaking resources in all but a few select elite clubs and possibly a few more hard working teams who are on the up and are able to attract new blood to help run their clubs prepare pitches etc etc . That is before you consider player injuries fatigue availability . Anybody else think along these lines . Anyway I am away to measure the grass which is growing at its fastest rate ever and the 5 day Madness of Sectional League Cup is looming on the horizon . Your thoughts please gentlemen .

Is a winner but nice tho it is for fans surely the sectional cup schedule is crippling over stretched volunteers running clubs . These people are forced into staging /playing / attending 3 games in five days and the prize at the end off it is at least one potentially 2 x. 6.30pm Ko’s not forgetting 2 days after your last sectional match you face your opening league match . The clamber for change brigade have done no more than pile extra pressure on creaking resources in all but a few select elite clubs and possibly a few more hard working teams who are on the up and are able to attract new blood to help run their clubs prepare pitches etc etc . That is before you consider player injuries fatigue availability . Anybody else think along these lines . Anyway I am away to measure the grass which is growing at its fastest rate ever and the 5 day Madness of Sectional League Cup is looming on the horizon . Your thoughts please gentlemen .

Can't argue with any of that tbh and 4 games in a week also puts pressure on fans aswell both in terms of time spent attending the games and financially .

The problem really goes back to the calender we use and the problem of having 2/3 months of games getting postponed all over the place which means we are trying to fit as many games and competition's into such a short period of time before what can potentially be a winter shutdown especially for teams who play on grass .

This leads to an utter nonsense in spring when clubs are trying to play 8 games in 16 days which happened to the candy the season before last.

The clamber for change brigade? It was all the auld duffers who wanted the sectional kept. Whole thing should be scrapped.

On 23/07/2019 at 13:58, griffiti on the wall said:

Proper city derby on Friday night as St Rochs take on Ashfield in a battle of the North

Kick off is 19.15
Admission is as follows
Adults £6
Concessions £3
Kids go Free

The only game in the second city of the empire on Friday night

Going to come along to this on Friday after work. Where's best to park? And what are yer pies like?