Break out star 2019/20

Another admirer of Turner here too. This lad is going to be a massive player for us this season, and a top player one day

I hope we can capitalise from this lad as I don’t think we’ll manage to hold onto him from what I’ve seen so far. He has a great eye for reading the game, some fantastic touches with a wee bit flare and finesse. 

The lad apparently had offers at a higher level, but didn’t do an ElBak, he kept his feet on the ground by signing for a championship team and I’m delighted that team is the Pars 

Reece Lyon made a few appearances in central midfield during last season but seems set to be a first-team starter this season. Not a flashy player, but a good all-rounder with an ability to support the attack and doesn't look out of place already.  Unlike the parade of midget sand-dancers that usually get hyped at 19, he's already got the physicality to impose himself every week at this level as well. 

Finlay Robertson - Only 16 so perhaps a bit early to say he'll be the break out star for the coming season, but looks like he'll get quite a bit of game time. McCann wanted to play him in the first team when he was 15 but we were denied permission by the SFA.
Looks like he'll become a cracking central midfielder. Certainly isn't scared of taking the ball into his feet under pressure and has delivered a few Hollywood passes rather successfully.
It's in the SPFL rules that you have to be 16. I think the Scottish Cup is the same.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see how Mitch Austin performs and if he can stay fit Thistle could have the game changer that separates the wheat from the chaff in this division.

Andres Inies.. I mean Finlay Robertson. 

Is there’s a better player under 18 in Scotland I’d be surprised. Screaming at Cammy at a throw in when Cammy was struggling as everyone was marked ‘just fucking give it to ME!’

Kyle Turner already has a good reputation from Stranraer but seems to have a good spark about him. Reminds me - and others - or a pre-serious injury Steven Bell.

Lewis McCann and Stuart Morrison have a chance to get some minutes this season, while Josh Coley could make a few full-backs look silly.

I know it's due to the fact that most clubs are now trying to stay within their means but I really like the fact that these younger guys will get a chance in the first team.