Break out star 2019/20

Who's your team's next big star? For me Luke McCowan looks like he could do big things this season Ian McCall rates him very highly, bust on into the team at the end of the season and has continued that form so far with 3 goals and 3 assists in the league cup if he continues to kick on like this he could be a big player for us.season-2019-2020-ayr-united-fc-luke-mccowan-19145408.jpeg

I would say Danny McKay but he's been blighted by injuries the last few months. 

Roddy McGregor came on at the weekend and took this piss against Raith in the last 20 minutes. 

Likewise Matheus Machado ran St Johnstone ragged, albeit in a friendly, and St Johnstone look utter shite this season. 

Young Kyle Turner who the Stranraer fans will will be very familiar with

Exciting attacking player who will hopefully add to his game this season but will need to see how he does against the smarter and more physical defenders of the league 

For home grown talent, Stuart Morrison (CH) and Lewis McCann (ST) get a mention and both doing well pushing for a start in the first team

Edited by 80sPar
*spelling

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Likewise Matheus Machado ran St Johnstone ragged, albeit in a friendly, and St Johnstone look utter shite this season. 

We had a 18yo in goal, an attacking midfielder at right back, and a right back in his first senior game at centre back.

You probably shouldn't read much into it.

Young Kyle Turner who the Stranraer fans will will be very familiar with
Existing attacking player who will hopefully add to his game this season but will need to see how he does against the smarter and more physical defenders of the league 
For home grown talent, Stuart Morrison (CH) and Lewis McCann (ST) get a mention and both doing well pushing for a start in the first team
McCall had been trying for at least 2 seasons to sign Turner for Ayr, really good player disappointed we didn't get him.

McCowan has already forced himself into the team for this coming season and McCall reckons he can be our talisman this season, like Shankland was last season.

However I’ve got high hopes for Finn Ecrepont and Ellis Hare-Reid. Both are very highly rated at the club and Hare-Reid will likely be our first choice goalie next season.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had a 18yo in goal, an attacking midfielder at right back, and a right back in his first senior game at centre back.

You probably shouldn't read much into it.

Probably why I said albeit in a friendly. Still better players than we'll play in the league this season, and he looked dangerous the whole game. 

Edit - just thinking about it, that St Johnstone side had well over 1000 SPL/Premiership appearances in it.  It was a strong side. 

Edited by TheScarf

McCowan has already forced himself into the team for this coming season and McCall reckons he can be our talisman this season, like Shankland was last season.

However I’ve got high hopes for Finn Ecrepont and Ellis Hare-Reid. Both are very highly rated at the club and Hare-Reid will likely be our first choice goalie next season.
It's great to see the academy bearing fruit with some promising talent

Yep Connor Murray at Queens. Finally been given his chance and not played out of position. Looks comfortable and confident so far.

Elsewhere in the league, Kyle Turner always looked like he was a level above everyone else when I saw him playing for Stranraer, now's his time to prove it at Dunfermline. 

I saw Stephen Kelly playing in the reserve league last season, he could a very good loan signing for Ayr.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

It's great to see the academy bearing fruit with some promising talent

Just want a bag of cans and an attacking midfield of McGuffie - Forrest - McCowan 

Probably why I said albeit in a friendly. Still better players than we'll play in the league this season, and he looked dangerous the whole game. 
Edit - just thinking about it, that St Johnstone side had well over 1000 SPL/Premiership appearances in it.  It was a strong side. 

Yeah the likes of MacKay, MacGregor, Machado and Harper should be given some game time against permadiddies like Alloa to bed them in. We’re going have to take a chance on them more as our squad is always going to be thin in the Championship.

As said, Scott Banks for Utd. Rave reviews from his loan spell at Clyde last year, showed plenty promise in subbie appearance at Tynecastle and starting against Cowden the other night. Good technique and looks confident in his own abilities.

Dark horse would be Louis Appere. On loan in the juniors last season which is usually a sign Utd don't think a player will make it but has had a good pre season and forced his way in to the first team reckoning. Still a bit rough around the edges but he's a big, strong guy who has a bit of pace. Scored a lovely header in our cup game Friday.

Finlay Robertson - Only 16 so perhaps a bit early to say he'll be the break out star for the coming season, but looks like he'll get quite a bit of game time. McCann wanted to play him in the first team when he was 15 but we were denied permission by the SFA.

Looks like he'll become a cracking central midfielder. Certainly isn't scared of taking the ball into his feet under pressure and has delivered a few Hollywood passes rather successfully.