Carl Beech convicted

The man behind claims of Westminster / VIP sex abuse rings has today been convicted of perverting the course of justice by making the allegations up. Carl Beech, a former paediatric nurse, NSPCC volunteer and convicted paedophile, was found guilty of 12 counts and one additional count of fraud, for claiming £22,000 from the victims of crime compensation scheme after falsely saying he was abused by Jimmy Saville.

Carl Beech trial: 'VIP abuse' accuser guilty of false claims https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49074879

Beech accused MPs, intelligence officers and high ranking members of the military of abusing him. The Metropolitan police said that claims were “credible and true” and raided the homes of several people named by Carl Beech. Subsequently the Met have paid compensation to the families of some of those accused and admitted the raids should never have taken place.

The operation, code named Operation Midland, by the Met has been severely criticised for its assumptions and the public way it was conducted. An inquiry in 2017 severely criticised the police saying

“In short, these men are all victims of false allegations and yet they remain treated as men against whom there was insufficient evidence to prosecute them. The presumption of innocence appears to have been set aside.”

Current Labour deputy leader Tom Watson has also been criticised after he named several people accused by Carl Beech under Parliamentary privilege, as part of a campaign against VIP sex abuse. Tory Mp Zac Goldsmith did similar and has also faced criticism.

All in all an extremely unpleasant case. Policing these sorts of cases may be difficult but surely it isn’t impossible to listen to, investigate and take decisions on witness statements without claiming that things are “true” in the media?

Carl Beech will be sentenced on Friday.

Any P&Bers ever made false allegations against anyone?

Guest Moomintroll

No but I have been falsely accused of being a Celtic supporter & a Rangers supporter, who do I contact for my richly deserved compensation?

No but I have been falsely accused of being a Celtic supporter & a Rangers supporter, who do I contact for my richly deserved compensation?
This, as a Thistle fan I am always being accused of " I but who do you REALLY support " by the old firm ar*e cheek "fans". I want compo for the wasted beer I've flung (spat)

Bit strange that it took millions of pounds and old men going to their deaths under a horrible cloud before anyone said, Hang on a minute, there's no corroborative evidence, what if he's just making everything up? He'll make the star turn in his prison's drama society.

6 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Hilarious that all the establishment have to do if point the finger back at him and suddenly all the sheep believe what we're told and he ends up in jail.

We are the Sheeple!

Actually it's far from hilarious that the gullible conspiracy theorists that desperately want to believe in something will keep doing so despite any evidence to the contrary. 

1 minute ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

We are the Sheeple!

Actually it's far from hilarious that the gullible conspiracy theorists that desperately want to believe in something will keep doing so despite any evidence to the contrary. 

The fact that there is no evidence whatsoever surely shows that they are hiding the evidence though. They have hid too much and it has back-fired. No evidence equals evidence. The truth is out.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit strange that it took millions of pounds and old men going to their deaths under a horrible cloud before anyone said, Hang on a minute, there's no corroborative evidence, what if he's just making everything up? He'll make the star turn in his prison's drama society.

I would imagine there's not much corroborative evidence in most sexual abuse cases. Without bothering my arse to look up the actual figures I'd guess there is a pretty low conviction rate with that being the main reason. 

I would imagine there's not much corroborative evidence in most sexual abuse cases. Without bothering my arse to look up the actual figures I'd guess there is a pretty low conviction rate with that being the main reason. 
Wasn't thinking about eyewitnesses, just proof that a high profile accused was in the right place at the right time. Don't think they even got that far. It seems like our own version of pizzagate, but run by the Met instead of 4chan.

I think you're going to have "bother your arse" if you want evidence of sexual abuse.

(Apologies for sinking so low but it was hanging right there. It had to be said)