Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2019/20

KRRAdamslie

Apologies for lack of posting. Rob Roy have been very poor recently; had to take a bit of time off.

So far we have played three premiership games. Three defeats out of three.

1: Benburb 2- Roy 0 03/08/19

2: Rutherglen Glencairn 2- Roy 1 07/08/19

3: Hurlford United 3- Roy 0.

10/08/19

We have also played in the sectional league cup 2nd round after qualifying from our group. Another defeat this time to Championship outfit Kilsyth Rangers.

Kilsyth Rangers 3- Roy 2

12/08/19

Very disappointing start to say the least. It can only get better...

Four league defeats out of four you mean. You lost 2-0 at home to Cumnock as well yesterday.

For a team to be playing away every game for so long now it must be affecting them badly. Having to pay rent with no income through a shop or bar I do not know how the club can survive in the top league you have to take your hat of to the committee and the management team hopefully they will be in their new ground soon.

5 hours ago, wow-wee said:

For a team to be playing away every game for so long now it must be affecting them badly. Having to pay rent with no income through a shop or bar I do not know how the club can survive in the top league you have to take your hat of to the committee and the management team hopefully they will be in their new ground soon.

Ye whit?!

The committee that sold their ground, without one to move into best part of 10 years ago?!

That committee???

21 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

Ye whit?!

The committee that sold their ground, without one to move into best part of 10 years ago?!

That committee???

I'm not a roy supporter but what I was led to believe they would have been in their new ground within 2years of moving from adamslie which was just over 5 seasons ago but they hit complications through council planning then the council withdrawing funding when all the austerity measures rolled in all over Scotland then the land they were promised was put up for sale to the highest bidder . I would say that's not the committees fault more the local council that's let them down ? When their new ground will start being built who knows!

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

I'm not a roy supporter but what I was led to believe they would have been in their new ground within 2years of moving from adamslie which was just over 5 seasons ago but they hit complications through council planning then the council withdrawing funding when all the austerity measures rolled in all over Scotland then the land they were promised was put up for sale to the highest bidder . I would say that's not the committees fault more the local council that's let them down ? When their new ground will start being built who knows!

I stand to be corrected, but i believe it was 2007 when the move was first proposed....

And they had the proceeds from Adamslie,  why was it up to the council?

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

I stand to be corrected, but i believe it was 2007 when the move was first proposed....

And they had the proceeds from Adamslie,  why was it up to the council?

The land they were getting was being gifted by the council so when austerity kicked in the council had to put it up for sale to the highest bidder. As for the money from adamslie it's ring fence for the new ground but because the council pulled out it meant they couldn't build the ground to the original plan. As I said I'm only getting this information from people I talk to from Rob Roy .

6 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Don’t post here often but feel it’s a case of kicking Roy when there down.

There is members of the committee that work tirelessly to keep the club going. Neil does a lot of work behind the scenes and anyone that comes to the games from all supports is always complimentary of him. 

On the park Maxi has done an excellent job. Since moving to Cumbernauld and in the last few seasons he has achieved;

League cup winners

West of Scotland finalists 

Premier league runners up (3 points off the title!)

2 x Scottish quarter finals 

Keeping club in the Premier league.

Unfortunately this season we have just lost too many first choice players (6 that played in the West final) and just really struggled to replace them. 

Dismal on the park this season and so far look poorer than the side that got relegated so I am fearing the worst but won’t give up hope. 

Hope maxi and the players can pull it back.

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Is there any work actually started?No one seems very clear on things.

At a KRR game last season June was the date stated for things moving forward, seeing the total silence around anything happening then its probably fair to assume that they haven't started the physical work yet. 

54 minutes ago, KRR1977 said:

Don’t post here often but feel it’s a case of kicking Roy when there down.

There is members of the committee that work tirelessly to keep the club going. Neil does a lot of work behind the scenes and anyone that comes to the games from all supports is always complimentary of him. 

On the park Maxi has done an excellent job. Since moving to Cumbernauld and in the last few seasons he has achieved;

League cup winners

West of Scotland finalists 

Premier league runners up (3 points off the title!)

2 x Scottish quarter finals 

Keeping club in the Premier league.

Unfortunately this season we have just lost too many first choice players (6 that played in the West final) and just really struggled to replace them. 

Dismal on the park this season and so far look poorer than the side that got relegated so I am fearing the worst but won’t give up hope. 

Hope maxi and the players can pull it back.

Thanks.

What stage are things at with the new stadium as it seems to be a mystery?Has work started on the build?

Another two games down; another two defeats.

Pollock 5- Rabs 1
21/08/19

Rabs 1- Clydebank 2
24/08/19

We are a complete mess. Team is filled with players who aren’t good enough for this level. Sadly I don’t see how we get out of this mess this season.
6 Games. 6 defeats. Embarrassing

3 hours ago, KRRAdamslie said:

Another two games down; another two defeats.

Pollock 5- Rabs 1
21/08/19

Rabs 1- Clydebank 2
24/08/19

We are a complete mess. Team is filled with players who aren’t good enough for this level. Sadly I don’t see how we get out of this mess this season.
6 Games. 6 defeats. Embarrassing

Unfortunately looks like a hard slog ahead unless we get a few bodies in and out . We are where we are and if we go down we go again and build up again to come up as we have done before. Unless we get some £ from somewhere that is all we have to show for at the moment.