Ross County VS Hamilton Academical 03/08/2019 FLAG DAY

With the league campaign kicking off a week on Saturday, I believe it is an appropriate time to open the important football threads. 

We are taking on the 2018/2019 Championship Champions on their flag day which will be no easy task for a team wanting to put on a show. 

Judging us from our Betfred Cup performances, we may qualify to the round of 16 but it seems we will make it and no more. 

If we don't qualify Brian Rice will be under pressure before his league campaign has kicked off. 

I don't see anything apart from a Ross County victory. 

Anything else will be a bonus. 

My prediction:- Ross County 2 - 1 Hamilton Academical 

I'd like to think we'll bring in another centre half before this game, especially with Easton coming off injured yesterday.

Too early to call the game but I do think we've got goals in us and will play some decent football this season and break teams down. Defensively though we could concede even more than last season.

So all that adds up to a drab 0-0 draw.

Working so missing the long trip up to Dingwall.

On basis of what I've seen in LC games so far I don't think I will be missing much. (except for the pretty decent pies)

We can't defend so County will simply outscore us on a day they will want to get their campaign back in the Premiership up & running with a win.

Easy home win.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 16:31, yoda said:

An uncontested draw as we both play the long game of relegating Saint Mirren.

c8b43fa94748ea5445b794ba933bf506.jpg

Diddy Alliance 2? We want in

Edited by ATLIS

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You guys are well and true Ly our the diddy alliance after the constant bending over to St Mirren and Dundee last season.

Think we just thoroughly all went off on holiday after Christmas tbh. We did give you a decent win at your ground after you went down to 10 men :D 

19 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Power is going to be missing for a couple of weeks after tweaking his hamstring. 

So it'll probably be Mullin and Gardyne out wide. 

Do you think he was in with a shout of starting? To me personally everything about him screams Impact sub,

I agree though that it'll most likely be Midge and Mullin out wide, Would like to see Spittal start also.

7 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Do you think he was in with a shout of starting? To me personally everything about him screams Impact sub,

I agree though that it'll most likely be Midge and Mullin out wide, Would like to see Spittal start also.

Agreed, there's a hell of a lot of promise in Power, but he's still raw at times. He'll be best used stretching tiring full backs with balls over the top.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Agreed, there's a hell of a lot of promise in Power, but he's still raw at times. He'll be best used stretching tiring full backs with balls over the top.

When you're that fast it'll always get fans excited, I wonder how long it'll be before teams realise he's absolutely rapid and double up/sit off him so he can't burn them.