The Boys

King Kebab

49 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:
  Hide contents

Was it not him that grabbed Maeve near the end of last episode?

Thats what I thought.

Spoiler

Interested to see where Black Noir features in the overall story since they've changed him from the comic character.

Just watched the new episode. I feel as though the whole Herogasm part was hyped up way too much as it wasn’t all that outrageous. Highlight was absolutely the 3v1 fight at the end as Homelander tried to work out what the f**k Butcher and Hughie had done.

Think Soldier Boy might be one of the best characters in the show despite only appearing in a couple of episodes.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just watched the new episode. I feel as though the whole Herogasm part was hyped up way too much as it wasn’t all that outrageous. Highlight was absolutely the 3v1 fight at the end as Homelander tried to work out what the f**k Butcher and Hughie had done.

Think Soldier Boy might be one of the best characters in the show despite only appearing in a couple of episodes.

Homelander giving himself a talking to was fucking brilliant. 

Was just an all round fantastic episode tonight. First time you've seen Homelander genuinely on the backfoot.

Just watched episode 5 so gonna avoid the thread til I've watched 6 but this series is so good. I thought season 1 was incredible but season 2 was pretty much the same but just not as good whereas this season really feels like they've upped the levels, they're not missing a beat here. Every episode is memorable.

Probably getting a wee bit carried away but you could at minimum make a decent buzzfeed article about how the the Boys is like The Wire for superhero stuff. No character is one dimensional they all feel human and feel very realistic compared to most movie stuff. They have managed on some way to humanise Homelander and somewhat explained his behaviour whilst simultaneously showing he is utterly a evil irredeemable narcissistic c**t. They've managed to keep the whole goodies versus baddies stuff whilst making it meta and non cringey and fundamentally very enjoyable and funny to watch. 

Haven't seen Antony Starr in anything else but Imagine will see him a lot more going forward. Tremendous.

He was the main guy in Banshee, if you’ve not seen it I do recommend it, it was pretty good!!!

Fandabidozi again today.

It says a lot that Karl Urban can put on the worst cockney accent since Dick Van Dyke, with the accents in his flashback being even worse (and obviously not being the UK at all) and I don't care. It's just brilliant.

Sorry to hear about Erin Moriarty and her surgery. She's a young woman and I don't think that's a great sign when you get it done that young.

Anyway. Seeing more of an insight into Noir was superb. That was a really fucking well done scene. I don't know if that's in the comics but it was absolutely brilliant. It was tender and sympathetic, wonderfully done. 

Agreed about the character of Soldier Boy. He's awful, but captivating. The line "if you're going to get hysterical I'll have to slap you like I'm Connery" had me wheezing. They get so many satirical references into the script. 

Here, how the f**k does MM's wife end up with that wee scrawny p***k? That's the only unbelievable relationship in this series, but he's well played and I feel genuinely uncomfortable when he's on screen (the wee guy, not MM). His wife is a beautiful woman too. His family are actually really well cast.

Anyway. I'm excited for next week.

On 04/06/2022 at 16:35, velo army said:

Excellent first three episodes of series 3. The satire is very clever, but without being too on the nose. There's not enough Victoria Neumann though, but that's a small grumble. Homeland is an excellent character and thoroughly well played. 

Hughie is a whiny wee dick of a character though, but his type of character is ubiquitous in American TV these days, so I understand why he's there. I'm looking forward to seeing where it all goes though.

The actress who plays her is the spitting image of a young Michael Imperioli which, for a woman, is rather unfortunate. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The actress who plays her is the spitting image of a young Michael Imperioli which, for a woman, is rather unfortunate. 

Wid, in that case.

I don't think she does though.