The Boys

King Kebab

Final episode was great. Really not obvious how the next series is going to go at all but hopefully it involves Hughie and his Billy Joel tape getting incinerated. 

Spoiler

Also looks like stormfront could come back as a revenge fuelled nazi cyborg which would be quite good as baddies go. 

Just fantastic entertainment. Laugh out loud at times and genuine wtf moments. Hope Season 3 is being planned?

Season 3 is expected to start recording early next year, was delayed due to Covid but they expect it’ll be available either late 2021 or early 2022.

Just fantastic entertainment. Laugh out loud at times and genuine wtf moments. Hope Season 3 is being planned?

Apparently it has been planned and scripted, it’s going to based around Herogasm, which if you’ve read the source material will be pushing Amazon’s internal censorship to the very brink and will also be introducing us to Soldier Boy, the Boys universe’s version of Captain America, who’s going to be played by Jensen Ackles from Supernatural!!!

Just finished it there. Given everyone’s brains have been destroyed by Trump this is maybe the best thing that feels like it’s influenced by that collective brain damage. Really fun and funny even if it (Karl Urban) got a bit too epic at points. I’m also a sucker for anything which treats superhero media and liberal woke culture as cynically as this. It reminds me of The First Purge which suit also really enjoyed as it wore its politics on its sleeve and was equally as fun and enjoying itself. Looking forward to season 3

• 3 weeks later...

I had seen this on the Prime banner for the last year or so and thought "f**k that, I just binged all the Marvel superhero stuff so I am not wanting to watch this amazon knock off version"

Glad I eventually changed my mind. Fucking great.

I am away to read this thread now I finished it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2020 at 00:07, King Kebab said:

Apparently it has been planned and scripted, it’s going to based around Herogasm, which if you’ve read the source material will be pushing Amazon’s internal censorship to the very brink and will also be introducing us to Soldier Boy, the Boys universe’s version of Captain America, who’s going to be played by Jensen Ackles from Supernatural!!!

I seriously doubt they'll be able to do source material levels of Herogasm. Surely!? I'd guess it'll be more along the early Game Of Thrones levels and alot of "activities" will have to obviously be made a bit more mainstream friendly.

When I saw Soldier Boy I wondered if they'd go back to the Second World War and do a bit more VA exposition. 

If the rumours about Herogasm are correct I seriously applaud Amazons balls going for it.

I'd love them to do a proper version of Vas but I think that was a wee nod to him with the tentacle cock scene last season. "Love Sausage!"

• 2 months later...

Finished this last week was about to post in the prime thread but spotted this.

great show with a bunch of really strong characters, butcher being the best (even if his accent is ridiculous). I spent the full 2 seasons wondering what I had seen him in but not wanting to google it incase of spoilers and realised its LOTR.

Even the first episode is epic with the shock ending that homelander is actually a c**t and what a c**t he is btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, saint dave said:

Watched a few of the The Boys : Diabolical cartoons on Prime , a bit hit and miss but brilliant to see comic Butcher , Hughie and Terror as a cartoon. 

The cartoon versions of the Boys were really good. Butcher sounds perfect, as did Hughie (voiced by Simon Pegg).

Left me wanting a series that follows the exact comic storyline. Would be even better than the live action version imo.

The first three episodes of Season Three dropped today on Amazon and if the first 10 minutes or so of episode one are anything to go by it’s going to be pretty out there and outrageous!!!

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

The first three episodes of Season Three dropped today on Amazon and if the first 10 minutes or so of episode one are anything to go by it’s going to be pretty out there and outrageous!!!

I’ve only watched the first episode but I’m hoping that first 10 minutes sets the tone for the rest of the season 😂