The Boys

King Kebab

Finished it off last night - fantastic series, looking forward to the second.

Karl Urban and Antony Starr give great turns as Butcher and Homelander.

Wasn't sold on Simon Pegg as Hughie's dad but I believe his casting was intentional as the comic version of Hughie was seemingly based on his character in Spaced.

Starlight should absolutely wear the new suit. 

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What was your latest post on this? Link is buggered because of some copyright claim by Amazon Prime.

Trailer is out for season 2.

• 6 months later...

Season 2 out on September 4th!!!
They’re dumping the first three episodes on that day and the remaining 5 will then be weekly!!!
It’s looking quite good!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks even more mental than season one.

It is!!!

Just blitzed through the first three episodes and it’s tremendous, it’s pretty evident that they’ve obviously been given a bigger budget and it’s all there on screen!!!

It’s definitely a lot darker than the last season but it’s still howlingly funny in parts and they still tend to treat aquatic life incredibly badly!!!

Just watched the three episodes there. 

The Deep being so smug with his whale, then the inevitable outcome, was absolutely outstanding 😂

Homelander is easily the best villian I've ever seen on screen, incredible. The new lass has already got her tatties, both pissing him and the mute lassie already.

Why, why, WHY weekly now? c***s 😭

This is tremendous. Billy Butcher’s accent started as frustrating, but when I found out the actor is from New Zealand, that’s what I’ve chosen to hear him as. 

Starlight was dull as f**k in the first season but seeing a darker side to her developing has been fun. 

Queen Maeve. Oh, you’re in turmoil, you wee soul! f**k off. 

The Deep has been the most interesting character for me so far. He’s a nasty wee b*****d in the beginning, but he’s become so complex. Odd that US television is keen to make us sympathise with a sex offender though 🤔 The gills make me look away, especially after they got finger fucked. 🤢