8 minutes ago, strichener said:

Strange example to use given that this thread shows that there are questionably hygiene practices in our population and yet there hasn't been any indigenous cholera in the UK for over 100 years. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Would the fact that our public areas/toilets are generally cleaned daily/weekly not help with this, in spite of the fact too many people are clearly lazy/manky b*****ds? Outbreaks appear common in places where poor personal and public hygiene is evident.

I don't really think this has any bearing on whether or not you should wash your hands though.

I think that sanitation probably plays a bigger part than individual hygiene practices. 

Having sewage mainly safely dealt with away from sources of drinking water, rather than brushing your teeth in your neighbours' diarrhoea probably has a far bigger impact than rinsing trace amounts of nob cheese off your hands. 

On a precautionary basis and as part of a suite of measures to reduce cross contamination, hand washing makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

If you ever contracted HIV or needed chemotherapy. You'd soon change your hygiene.

(Obviously wouldn't wish that upon anyone just to be clear)

Holy smoke, these are getting more and more extreme.  There is no question that hygiene is improved by people washing hands (preferably with soap) but HIV is not transmitted through poor hygiene.  If your point is about the reduction in the immune system then that is a completely different issue than the personal hygiene.

Edited by strichener

7 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Shan't be giving the Dumbarton troll the satisfaction of another notification until he can point out exactly where I have advanced the argument "there's no proof it[not washing your hands] can give you cholera".

I'm not a troll, and I can't be arsed going back and forward here, but the whole last page you've been requesting evidence of someone contracting cholera from holding their cock and not washing their hands, which would suggest to me that you don't believe it can be. If that is an incorrect assumption then I offer my sincerest apologies.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wankers

... Should also wash their hands. And old sock won't stop you from getting a lady pregnant if you shake her hand, with jizz on it, then she has a wee scratch. 

13 minutes ago, strichener said:

but HIV is not transmitted through poor hygiene

OTV7ujA.png?fb

Is  there any contemporary evidence of someone contracting e-coli or cholera due to the circumstance listed above? 

Also to get any traceable amount of fecal matter on your cock from your underwear - in this case, enough to be noticeable to others - you'd need to literally shite yourself. 
Being able to smell farts would indicate that theres some niddle ground there

55 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

None of these are caused by that. The diseases mentioned spread to the hands by contact with surface areas affected with the bacteria. You are  highly, highly unlikely to encounter such a surface area in the act of pishing unless you go around rubbing your cock on door handles and railings.

But , surely if you touch the door handle then your cock any bacteria/germs will be transferred to said dick.  So, if everybody washed their hands after pishing then the germs/bacteria would not be on the door handle, or at least in much reduced levels.  I suppose the ideal scenario is to wash before and after but I'm not that paranoid - a half clean dick is better than nothing! 

50 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Sure, but in this thread I'm arguing against the general consensus that there is something inherently disgusting about not washing your hands after touching your cock for a pish. Suppression of disease spread via regular hand washing is another point entirely.

I suppose it's the P&B way to take everything to the extremities - I wouldn't say it's disgusting not to wash after pishing and I'm sure it's something we have all done frequently through the years.  That said, I still think it's good practice to do so.  

On a related note, both my wife and son take a shower after having a shite.  They wouldn't contemplate having a shite anywhere except at home unless in an emergency.  Seems a bit OTT when a quick wipe with bog roll suffices for most of us.   

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

unless you go around rubbing your cock on door handles and railings.

I was wondering why that was frowned upon.

6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose it's the P&B way to take everything to the extremities - I wouldn't say it's disgusting not to wash after pishing and I'm sure it's something we have all done frequently through the years.  That said, I still think it's good practice to do so.  

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was wondering why that was frowned upon.

I have no idea why I said that - maybe a Freudian slip?  

6 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I need to do that sometimes too. But only because I have an exceptionally hairy arse. It's a delicate process trying to part it all out of the way

I'll check my wife's arse later so see if that's the reason!  

2 hours ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Sure, but in this thread I'm arguing against the general consensus that there is something inherently disgusting about not washing your hands after touching your cock for a pish. Suppression of disease spread via regular hand washing is another point entirely.

Your argument that you yourself won’t catch something if you don’t wash your hands after a shite has a “ring “ of truth to it . The pathogens in your own alimentary tract by the very reason that they’re inside your body won’t , but not on every occasion , cause you any harm , unless ingested or injected into an area in greater numbers than is the norm , or when your immune system is down . 

But your bacterial flora is inherently different from anyone else’s . The problem with not washing your hands and other people doing likewise is the the very real possibility that their bacteria  gets into your system and in very minute quantities  ( there is about 100000 bacteria on the head of a pin ) can cause a pathogenic reaction . You can lick your own shitey hands clean  if you like , just don’t touch areas in the surroundings that other people may come in contact with . That’s just basic human decency 

On a related note, both my wife and son take a shower after having a shite.  They wouldn't contemplate having a shite anywhere except at home unless in an emergency.  Seems a bit OTT when a quick wipe with bog roll suffices for most of us.   

Other posters have confessed that they do this too. Presumably they don’t shit multiple times per day.

Just occurred to me: do they wipe first, or just drag their encrusted arses into the shower? 🤢

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Bog roll is the way to go.

People who use baby wipes are OFTW.

17 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Never ever said that, champ.

You're right. What you did say was;

On 09/08/2019 at 16:31, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

"Germs" are a made-up concept. 

And right there is where you should have been both laughed out the topic and rubbered thereafter. I somehow have to applaud you though - you are continually having folk reply to you. Now can you stop this nonsense please and just wash your hands after you visit the toilet please? You clatty b*****d.