Washing youre hands

46 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Source?

Is  there any contemporary evidence of someone contracting e-coli or cholera due to the circumstance listed above? 

I must say that I find it bizarre that you're asking for evidence that germs being spread around can cause illness, this isn't really a debatable fact is it?

How do you think cold and flu viruses affect so many people?

Edited by The Moonster

56 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Source?

Is  there any contemporary evidence of someone contracting e-coli or cholera due to the circumstance listed above? 

Also to get any traceable amount of fecal matter on your cock from your underwear - in this case, enough to be noticeable to others - you'd need to literally shite yourself. 

If you want to run the risk and forever be known as "Mr Shitey Hands" then go for it. I, on the other hand, will continue washing my hands after using the toilet.

9 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I'm asking for contemporary evidence of someone spreading e-coli or cholera from contact with their own cock.

Personally, I don't give a f**k whether my death was caused by e-coli or cholera or Noroviruses or Hepatitis A or whatever other diseases are caused by not washing after pishing  -

https://www.initial.co.uk/blog/infections-can-spread-not-washing-hands/

15 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I'm asking for contemporary evidence of someone spreading e-coli or cholera from contact with their own cock.

Probably a difficult thing to prove, given that these folks are more than likely utterly manky b*****ds and any number of things could have gotten them cholera or e-coli. However, if you look at just about any literature on "what to do to avoid cholera" it will state that you should wash your hands properly with clean water. It takes 10 seconds to wash your hands and nobody will think you're a tramp. Arguing that there's no proof it can give you cholera is a weird stance.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Probably a difficult thing to prove, given that these folks are more than likely utterly manky b*****ds and any number of things could have gotten them cholera or e-coli. However, if you look at just about any literature on "what to do to avoid cholera" it will state that you should wash your hands properly with clean water. It takes 10 seconds to wash your hands and nobody will think you're a tramp. Arguing that there's no proof it can give you cholera is a weird stance.

Strange example to use given that this thread shows that there are questionably hygiene practices in our population and yet there hasn't been any indigenous cholera in the UK for over 100 years. 

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Strange example to use given that this thread shows that there are questionably hygiene practices in our population and yet there hasn't been any indigenous cholera in the UK for over 100 years. 

Would the fact that our public areas/toilets are generally cleaned daily/weekly not help with this, in spite of the fact too many people are clearly lazy/manky b*****ds? Outbreaks appear common in places where poor personal and public hygiene is evident.

I don't really think this has any bearing on whether or not you should wash your hands though.

11 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

None of these are caused by that. The diseases mentioned spread to the hands by contact with surface areas affected with the bacteria. You are  highly, highly unlikely to encounter such a surface area in the act of pishing unless you go around rubbing your cock on door handles and railings.

Really can't be arsed arguing with you if you're just going to keep making up arguments you think I've made out of thin air tbh mate.

If you ever contracted HIV or needed chemotherapy. You'd soon change your hygiene.

(Obviously wouldn't wish that upon anyone just to be clear)

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Would the fact that our public areas/toilets are generally cleaned daily/weekly not help with this, in spite of the fact too many people are clearly lazy/manky b*****ds? Outbreaks appear common in places where poor personal and public hygiene is evident.

I don't really think this has any bearing on whether or not you should wash your hands though.

I think that sanitation probably plays a bigger part than individual hygiene practices. 

Having sewage mainly safely dealt with away from sources of drinking water, rather than brushing your teeth in your neighbours' diarrhoea probably has a far bigger impact than rinsing trace amounts of nob cheese off your hands. 

On a precautionary basis and as part of a suite of measures to reduce cross contamination, hand washing makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

If you ever contracted HIV or needed chemotherapy. You'd soon change your hygiene.

(Obviously wouldn't wish that upon anyone just to be clear)

Holy smoke, these are getting more and more extreme.  There is no question that hygiene is improved by people washing hands (preferably with soap) but HIV is not transmitted through poor hygiene.  If your point is about the reduction in the immune system then that is a completely different issue than the personal hygiene.

Edited by strichener

7 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Shan't be giving the Dumbarton troll the satisfaction of another notification until he can point out exactly where I have advanced the argument "there's no proof it[not washing your hands] can give you cholera".

I'm not a troll, and I can't be arsed going back and forward here, but the whole last page you've been requesting evidence of someone contracting cholera from holding their cock and not washing their hands, which would suggest to me that you don't believe it can be. If that is an incorrect assumption then I offer my sincerest apologies.

Also to get any traceable amount of fecal matter on your cock from your underwear - in this case, enough to be noticeable to others - you'd need to literally shite yourself. 
Being able to smell farts would indicate that theres some niddle ground there

55 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

None of these are caused by that. The diseases mentioned spread to the hands by contact with surface areas affected with the bacteria. You are  highly, highly unlikely to encounter such a surface area in the act of pishing unless you go around rubbing your cock on door handles and railings.

But , surely if you touch the door handle then your cock any bacteria/germs will be transferred to said dick.  So, if everybody washed their hands after pishing then the germs/bacteria would not be on the door handle, or at least in much reduced levels.  I suppose the ideal scenario is to wash before and after but I'm not that paranoid - a half clean dick is better than nothing! 

50 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Sure, but in this thread I'm arguing against the general consensus that there is something inherently disgusting about not washing your hands after touching your cock for a pish. Suppression of disease spread via regular hand washing is another point entirely.

I suppose it's the P&B way to take everything to the extremities - I wouldn't say it's disgusting not to wash after pishing and I'm sure it's something we have all done frequently through the years.  That said, I still think it's good practice to do so.