Taxation "goes against God's will"

Meanwhile in Tasmania...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/christian-family-who-argued-taxes-against-gods-will-ordered-to-pay-dollar23m-bill/ar-AAEuvJu?ocid=spartandhp

In the land where everything want's to kill you, it appears religious fundamentalism, with emphasis on the mentalism, a court case has given us the argument that taxation is illegal because it is against the law of Almighty God.

"We rely on the blessings we receive from God which we give to him and not to an outside entity such as the tax office."

Fanny Alida Beerepoot - yes we even have a comedy name -  her husband Rombertus Cornelius Beerepoot and their family, ended up with a bill of 2.3 million Australian dollars.

The two missionaries even wrote to the queen (I suppose she is in the tax evasion club as well) to complain about paying taxes and that owing to paying taxes Australia is cursed and is the cause of droughts and infertility

Has anyone on P&B ever used this argument to avoid paying their council tax and were they successful, and going  on from here what else could we argue we shouldn't have to do as it goes against gods will?

Also would any lawyers like to comment on whether or not we could have a case under Scots law, for not giving the government any of our hard earned

When I moved here I opted out of paying tax to the local Church, on the grounds that I don't believe there is a god. They should perhaps have seen if that works there.

Was in Tasmania for a bit at the start of this year. Lots of religious mentalists there, particularly in the more rural areas.

People with hilarious names should be exempt from tax, on a sliding scale.  For example, Roger Boyes should get a 10% discount but someone called Fuckface Von Boondoogle gets off with all of it.

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

People with hilarious names should be exempt from tax, on a sliding scale.  For example, Roger Boyes should get a 10% discount but someone called Fuckface Von Boondoogle gets off with all of it.

Would that apply if you changed your name by deed poll, or only if you were christened with that moniker?

Eventually you would end up with so many Fuckface Von Boondoogle's that the name would lose it's outrageousness and they would have to pay tax unless you changed your name to something like John Smith.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm guessing she married young

Hopefully to a Mr Bonar

Unfortunately not. She married a nice chap called Jim Bigger and went down the double barrelled route.

She's now Iona Bigger-Dick

Some lass. 

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Would that apply if you changed your name by deed poll, or only if you were christened with that moniker?

Eventually you would end up with so many Fuckface Von Boondoogle's that the name would lose it's outrageousness and they would have to pay tax unless you changed your name to something like John Smith.

I'm afraid the tax people are aware of this scam. And the penalties are harsh.

Yours,

F. Von Boondoogle

12 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Meanwhile in Tasmania...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/christian-family-who-argued-taxes-against-gods-will-ordered-to-pay-dollar23m-bill/ar-AAEuvJu?ocid=spartandhp

In the land where everything want's to kill you, it appears religious fundamentalism, with emphasis on the mentalism, a court case has given us the argument that taxation is illegal because it is against the law of Almighty God.

Fanny Alida Beerepoot - yes we even have a comedy name -  her husband Rombertus Cornelius Beerepoot and their family, ended up with a bill of 2.3 million Australian dollars.

The two missionaries even wrote to the queen (I suppose she is in the tax evasion club as well) to complain about paying taxes and that owing to paying taxes Australia is cursed and is the cause of droughts and infertility

Has anyone on P&B ever used this argument to avoid paying their council tax and were they successful, and going  on from here what else could we argue we shouldn't have to do as it goes against gods will?

Also would any lawyers like to comment on whether or not we could have a case under Scots law, for not giving the government any of our hard earned

whatever happened to "render unto Caesar..."?.since theyre so fond of the bible and all

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They're pretty poor Biblical scholars for a couple of fundamentalist sky pilots. See Mark 12:17.

I'm getting my legs waxed at noon, can he put if off until about 14:00

Edited by SlipperyP

11 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

whatever happened to "render unto Caesar..."?.since theyre so fond of the bible and all

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

They're pretty poor Biblical scholars for a couple of fundamentalist sky pilots. See Mark 12:17.