Arthurlie 19/20

1874_MTL

Slightly disappointed by our defeat at the weekend.  Once again our comic defending was our undoing.  Whitletts didn't have to try very hard for  their goals although they had a couple of decent finishes.  Even in defeat we can see the improvements made to the team. So on to Dalry next and i doubt very much we will see an 8-1 victory like last season .  I would be delighted with the points and a scrappy 1-0 win. 

Edited by Satori.

Slightly disappointed by our defeat at the weekend.  Once again our comic defending was our undoing.  Whitletts didn't have to try very hard for  their goals although they had a couple of decent finishes.  Even in defeat we can see the improvements made to the team. So on to Dalry next and i doubt very much we will see an 8-1 victory like last season .  I would be delighted with the points and a scrappy 1-0 win. 

100% agree with everything you have said there Satori. Three goals gifted to Whittlets with Craig Gordon not having much to do sums it up. Going forward we created a number of half chances and some good ones too but some decent keeping and last ditch defending kept us out.

I agree I thought we are looking for structured and working harder and there is some improvements and McDuff and McLaughlin look decent players and certainly worked hard. Onto Dalry and hopefully a better defensive performance will help us get 3 points.

52 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

The SFA have advised that ALL FOOTBALL will be suspended with immediate effect

Tomorrows game away to Dalry Thistle is OFF

We will update soon as we have further info.

Play it anyway. We'll no' tell anyone.

15 hours ago, Ihp said:

I would hope it would be, however probably not😕

I received a message from megaspinernet2 and it is only open to season ticket holders.  I'm sure the rest of us will  be kept in the loop further down the line. 

Formation of New League for Season 2020-2021 as part of Proposed Pyramid Structure. 

Members of Arthurlie F.C. Executive Committee attended meetings at Hampden Park on Tuesday 10th March 2020 & Thursday 12th March 2020 to listen to proposals from the separate parties relating to the formation of a new West of Scotland League as part of the Pyramid system.

The meeting convened on Tuesday 10th March was organised by Gordon Ronney, a member of the West of Scotland Junior F.A. Committee.

Gordon outlined a plan to be submitted to The Pyramid Working Group (PWG) which would involve all West of Scotland Junior Clubs joining the new league as part of the Pyramid System but retaining their Junior Status.

Previous meetings with the East of Scotland League (EOSL), Lowland League (LL),

South of Scotland League (SOSL) and West Junior FA overseen by Rod Petrie of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) had constantly “hit the buffers” with no semblance of agreement being reached.

From an initial total of 6 separate proposals the members present unanimously voted that proposal 4 which suited all the Clubs present would be the one submitted on behalf of the West League Clubs for discussion by the PWG at their meeting on the afternoon of Thursday 12th March @ 3pm.

This was an afternoon meeting organised to precede the meeting organised by LL, SOSL, and EOSL for West League Clubs to attend in the evening of 12th March. This meeting duly went ahead at 7pm with a healthy attendance by West League Clubs.

Mr George Fraser of EOSL conducted proceedings and along with representatives of LL, and SOSL faced a number of questions from those attending.

It was apparent from the answers given by these representatives at the top table that agreement had not yet been reached on the West League’s proposal but that a further meeting of the PWG had been scheduled for Monday 23rd March with the hope that some sort of deal, that would be agreeable to all parties, could be thrashed out in order that the initial proposed deadline date of 31st March when Clubs are to register as part of the Pyramid System could be met.

What was evident from both meetings attended by West League Clubs was that:

Most clubs are interested in being involved in the New Pyramid venture

A number of Clubs fear being left behind and allowed to die if they do not meet the relevant entrance criteria.

There is a suspicion amongst the West League Clubs that a “cherry picking” system would come into play to form a West of Scotland League (WOSL) and the smaller Clubs would be left behind. The West League Junior Proposal would not allow this to happen to any Club

Arthurlie, like most Junior Clubs are governed by their Club Constitution and have in accordance with this arranged to hold an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) with the Club’s Season ticket holders on Wednesday 25th March in order to submit, discuss and agree any proposal / proposals  put forward by the PWG following their meeting of Monday 23rd March.

The Club President has been in constant dialogue with Mr Ronney and from the information received the plan going forward is for the PWG to meet on Monday 23rd March and agree a proposal which would be acceptable to the SFA and all the relevant governing bodies who would oversee the plan with the view to presenting the proposal / proposals to all West League Clubs on Tuesday 24th March.

This would allow the proposal / proposals to be discussed by Arthurlie F.C. Season ticket holders at the EGM on Wednesday 25th March.

However due to the current Corona Virus Crisis the meeting at Hampden for all West League Clubs to attend on Tuesday 24th March has been postponed with no alternative date yet given.

If agreement is reached by the PWG at their meeting on Monday 23rd March the proposals may be made available on line which would then allow all Clubs to discuss the relevant points internally.

It does seem that trying to get an agreement agreed and through by 31st March is probably not a viable prospect.

Should the scheduled EGM on Wednesday 25th March be postponed this information will be posted on Social Media and Arthurlie F.C official website before Tuesday in an effort to try and contact Season Ticket holders to inform them of the postponement.

2 hours ago, The1andonly said:

Someone at Arthurlie really needs to get a hold of who ever these ill informed people are  they either did not understand what was said if my reading of Peters posts are correct or they are deliberately misleading their members   

Genuine question here - For those of us not 'in the know' can either you or Glensmad highlight which parts are wrong. 

24 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Genuine question here - For those of us not 'in the know' can either you or Glensmad highlight which parts are wrong. 

It refers to a supposed unanimous vote which suited all the clubs re proposal 4 - no such vote took place, and the attitude in the hall most certainly was not unanimous.

It refers to George Fraser of EOSL - George is the chairman of the Lowland League.

It refers to a number of clubs fearing they would be left behind and cherry picking of clubs by the WOSL, and says that the juniors proposal would not allow this to happen - the LL made it clear that it absolutely would not happen under their proposal either, but that isn't mentioned.

It states that Arthurlie's club president has been "in constant dialogue with Mr Ronney", but makes no reference to any attempt to engage in dialogue with the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL to find out if what they are being told is correct or not.

All in all the statement read to me that the Arthurlie board are only listening to one side and believing everything they are being told, instead of engaging with the people who will actually be administering the new league to check what they are being told. Had they done that then there would probably have been considerable changes to the wording and tone of the statement.

Edited by glensmad