Jump to content
1874_MTL

Arthurlie 19/20

Recommended Posts

Really looking foward to the game this weekend the lads played some great football last week hopefully they continue it. Brought in a few young lads already who havent looked out of place hopefully we see some more of them especially the young lad who played cm last week havent caught his name but he looked excellent. Mon the lieeeeee

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like going to Petershill despite the pitch.  Usually decent games between us although the reverse fixture was a shocker.  3 points would be great but a draw wouldn't be the worst result either. Taking it the game will be on unless we have snow and ice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I like going to Petershill despite the pitch.  Usually decent games between us although the reverse fixture was a shocker.  3 points would be great but a draw wouldn't be the worst result either. Taking it the game will be on unless we have snow and ice.  
Certainly don't foresee any problems, forecast looks ok with sleet tomorrow morning turning to rain by lunchtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really impressed today. Thought we were outstanding for most of the game. Even after going down to 10 men we had all the chances. Was impressed but the new youngsters McDuff & McLaughlan making their full debuts. All players worked their socks off and deserved the 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Really impressed today. Thought we were outstanding for most of the game. Even after going down to 10 men we had all the chances. Was impressed but the new youngsters McDuff & McLaughlan making their full debuts. All players worked their socks off and deserved the 3 points.

I agree mate. A vast improvement and we now look like a team moving in the right direction.  Petershill were a decent team but we were superior to them in every department. We could possibly have scored more goals but the points were the main thing.  Like you i was very impressed with the new lads and i reckon McDuff was possibly MOM.  

When we went down to 10 i feared the worst but we weathered a mini storm for 10 minutes but finished the stronger team and ran out comfortable winners.  Very impressed with the improvement in such a short  space of time.  May still be a few setbacks but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STATEMENT || West of Scotland Football League

Arthurlie FC can confirm that the club have expressed an interest in joining the proposed new West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) at tier 6 in the pyramid.
The club now awaits further information in relation to this matter.

As more information becomes available and we are in a better position to know how to proceed, we will endeavour to keep our supporters up to date and ultimately, any decision on the matter will be taken at an EGM of the club's members - to be arranged before the end of March

Arthurlie FC Committee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Wednesday, Jimmy McQuade was the 1st inductee into the Arthurlie hall of fame. A night was held in his honour in the Arthurlie Inns .   A large crowd attended what turned out to be a fantastic night.  

The Scottish Cup was brought along as he was Arthurlie manager when we lifted the trophy in 98.  Some lovely memories from guest speakers who spoke in glowing terms about Jimmy.  A well deserved honour .  

I have noted a strange lack of information of this night on any of the Arthurlie media outlets.  Any other club would have pictures  plastered all over the place. Our committee are indeed a strange bunch, only 3 deemed the night worthy of their attendance. I was also told that past Presidents/ Vice Presidents didn't attend because they have no time for the present incumbents, neither of whom turned up anyway. The petty rivalries couldn't even be put aside for an Arthurlie legend.  

Congratulations to Robert on a well organised night .  It was a privilege to be there and pay homage to Mr. McQuade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Satori. said:

Last Wednesday, Jimmy McQuade was the 1st inductee into the Arthurlie hall of fame. A night was held in his honour in the Arthurlie Inns .   A large crowd attended what turned out to be a fantastic night.  

The Scottish Cup was brought along as he was Arthurlie manager when we lifted the trophy in 98.  Some lovely memories from guest speakers who spoke in glowing terms about Jimmy.  A well deserved honour .  

I have noted a strange lack of information of this night on any of the Arthurlie media outlets.  Any other club would have pictures  plastered all over the place. Our committee are indeed a strange bunch, only 3 deemed the night worthy of their attendance. I was also told that past Presidents/ Vice Presidents didn't attend because they have no time for the present incumbents, neither of whom turned up anyway. The petty rivalries couldn't even be put aside for an Arthurlie legend.  

Congratulations to Robert on a well organised night .  It was a privilege to be there and pay homage to Mr. McQuade. 

Truly an Arthurlie legend, and a very very nice man as well.

I had the privilege of dealing with Jim in a work capacity for a few years and I always looked forward to his calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Last Wednesday, Jimmy McQuade was the 1st inductee into the Arthurlie hall of fame. A night was held in his honour in the Arthurlie Inns .   A large crowd attended what turned out to be a fantastic night.  

The Scottish Cup was brought along as he was Arthurlie manager when we lifted the trophy in 98.  Some lovely memories from guest speakers who spoke in glowing terms about Jimmy.  A well deserved honour .  

I have noted a strange lack of information of this night on any of the Arthurlie media outlets.  Any other club would have pictures  plastered all over the place. Our committee are indeed a strange bunch, only 3 deemed the night worthy of their attendance. I was also told that past Presidents/ Vice Presidents didn't attend because they have no time for the present incumbents, neither of whom turned up anyway. The petty rivalries couldn't even be put aside for an Arthurlie legend.  

Congratulations to Robert on a well organised night .  It was a privilege to be there and pay homage to Mr. McQuade. 

Had I known about this I might have gone along but as usual with Arthurlie it seems that there is a distinct lack of information made available to those outwith the 'inner circle".

Their PR is an absolute joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Had I known about this I might have gone along but as usual with Arthurlie it seems that there is a distinct lack of information made available to those outwith the 'inner circle".

Their PR is an absolute joke

It certainly is, although some people seem to have heard of the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Had I known about this I might have gone along but as usual with Arthurlie it seems that there is a distinct lack of information made available to those outwith the 'inner circle".

Their PR is an absolute joke. 

To be fair mate the club couldn't advertise the night as Jimmy knew nothing about it.  It wasn't an inner circle thing.  A lot of people knew about it.  I heard about it through word of mouth at some of our games.

 My complaint is that in the days following it there was absolutely no coverage on any Arthurlie media outlet.  Pollok, Talbot, Neilston etc. would have had pictures of the night all over the place if it was one of their legends . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Satori. said:

To be fair mate the club couldn't advertise the night as Jimmy knew nothing about it.  It wasn't an inner circle thing.  A lot of people knew about it.  I heard about it through word of mouth at some of our games.

 My complaint is that in the days following it there was absolutely no coverage on any Arthurlie media outlet.  Pollok, Talbot, Neilston etc. would have had pictures of the night all over the place if it was one of their legends . 

Thats fair enough.  I do agree with you regarding coverage, or rather lack of it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the lads were excellent at the weekend played great football kept it on the deck was good on the eye. I tiought at times we got a bit lucky at the back with petershill hitting the post in the first half and numerous chances in the second but we managed to keep a clean sheet. I think the only bad thing that happened at the weekend was obviously the sending off and for me div let the team down he was only a couple of meteres away from our side of the park and was told 3 times to leave at the nearest point he could and he told the ref no and ran across the park deserving of a yellow it was idiotic in my opinion and that could have lost us the game. This weekend whittlets at home should be a close game really looking foward to it hopefully another clean sheet and a few goals for us at the same time. Id like to see big dan getting a goal i think his confidence is needing it the now so id like to see him with a couple. Mon the lieeeeeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2020 at 09:52, Satori. said:

Last Wednesday, Jimmy McQuade was the 1st inductee into the Arthurlie hall of fame. A night was held in his honour in the Arthurlie Inns .   A large crowd attended what turned out to be a fantastic night.  

The Scottish Cup was brought along as he was Arthurlie manager when we lifted the trophy in 98.  Some lovely memories from guest speakers who spoke in glowing terms about Jimmy.  A well deserved honour .  

I have noted a strange lack of information of this night on any of the Arthurlie media outlets.  Any other club would have pictures  plastered all over the place. Our committee are indeed a strange bunch, only 3 deemed the night worthy of their attendance. I was also told that past Presidents/ Vice Presidents didn't attend because they have no time for the present incumbents, neither of whom turned up anyway. The petty rivalries couldn't even be put aside for an Arthurlie legend.  

Congratulations to Robert on a well organised night .  It was a privilege to be there and pay homage to Mr. McQuade. 

It wasnt advertised on any forum as it was a secret for Jimmy. I was soley responsible for organising the night and tried my best to get as many along as I could.

It willl happen again next year regards the hall of fame and it will be made public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

It wasnt advertised on any forum as it was a secret for Jimmy. I was soley responsible for organising the night and tried my best to get as many along as I could.

It willl happen again next year regards the hall of fame and it will be made public.

You have taken my post the wrong way . I was not criticising the club for not advertising the night.  I was criticising them for the lack of pictures etc after the event and the poor turnout of committee members.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...